Revolution in the Elbow of Ragnar Agnarsson
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Conrad
- FB Fan -

Iceland
89 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2014 :  00:40:39  Show Profile  Visit Conrad's Homepage  Click to see Conrad's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi guys,

I'm a long time lurker and I thought this may interest some of you. My brother is a long time Frank Black fan (ever since the Pixies days). He has now written an indie rock opera, called Revolution in the Elbow of Ragnar Agnarsson Furniture Painter, which will debut in NYC off-Broadway on 13 August. He also composed a concept album with the same name, which will be released on 15 July. Although connected to the rock opera, the album is a standalone piece and can be enjoyed without ever seeing the rock opera.

The album is in some ways inspired by the music of Frank Black and therefore I thought you might be interested in this.

His web site is http://www.ivarpalljonsson.com - you can listen to some of the songs off the album there.

Cheers,
Konrad

shineoftheever
> Teenager of the Year <

Canada
4307 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2014 :  16:09:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no bad - a little radioheadish and i can hear frank quirkiness in there. i'm not the biggest fan of the added noise effects like the circus twirly thing in the first few seconds of the first song but i'd listen again....

thanks for sharing! and good luck to your brother.

"There are things known and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors of perception."
Go to Top of Page

Conrad
- FB Fan -

Iceland
89 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2014 :  04:59:49  Show Profile  Visit Conrad's Homepage  Click to see Conrad's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks man! The whole album is now on the web site, so if you like you can give it all a listen. I'll Save the Day is probably the most Frank song on the album. https://soundcloud.com/elbowville/ill-save-the-day
Go to Top of Page

Conrad
- FB Fan -

Iceland
89 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2014 :  05:55:14  Show Profile  Visit Conrad's Homepage  Click to see Conrad's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Does anybody, by any chance, know how I can reach Mr. Thompson or a representative of his? My brother would like to invite him to the premiere next week (or a show later on if he can not make it).

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000