Bowery Ballroom, NYC 09/17/13
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

windupbird
- FB Fan -

127 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2013 :  19:11:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't really pretend to write a full review, nor do I have a complete setlist, but here I go:

First of all, Reignwolf opened and in case you ever get a chance to see them live, don't pass it up. It truly has to be seen and heard to be believed. They tore the place up, it was totally wild.
So, that happened.

Then, the Pixies kicked ass too - Started with Big New Prinz (The Fall cover) and Head on. Played a lot of songs back to back, a la ramones, with two seconds between each. As far as I can remember (and in no particular order): Crackity Jones, Wave of Mutilation, Planet of Sound, Cactus, Tame, Vamos, Hey, Caribou, I've been tired, U mass, Subbacultcha, Distance Equals Rate Times Time, Something Against you, Broken Face, Where is my Mind, and of the new ones: Bag boy, Indie Cindy, What Goes Boom and Blue Eyed Hexe.

The new stuff fit right in - I think it's because when you're listening to a band live, all the songs have "the same production/ sound" , so to speak. They all sounded really full.

Curious to know what other people thought, but it was great to hear such a mix of classics and new songs. "I've been tired" was particularly good to hear.

Skatealex1
* Dog in the Sand *

1645 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2013 :  19:38:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was at the show too. I thought it was pretty cool. Felt like a rock and roll vibe throughout the show. As the opener I think Big New Prinz makes sense too, it's pretty loud hearing it live. i think some of the highlights were - Tame early in the set, I've Been Tired, Blue Eyed Hexe, and What Goes Boom. I think more new songs or some of the songs they started playing recently again like Motorway To Roswell would've been cooler than Where Is My Mind and Hey, but I guess the crowd likes it and they also got into it with the lights during Where Is My Mind. I thought it was pretty good overall tho and the band seems to still have their mojo down. They seem to mix around the songs a little more too than on their last tour, during Cactus Joey did some kind of guitar line that they were jamming on a little in the middle of the song.

Edited by - Skatealex1 on 09/17/2013 19:51:22
Go to Top of Page

natenate101
= Cult of Ray =

USA
851 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2013 :  19:41:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for sharing. I'm jealous of all you guys.
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2013 :  05:25:49  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W0M3DlVG61g Wave.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2013 :  05:31:53  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EHKtw0w-yo0 WIMM.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2013 :  05:35:11  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6GJYHz_0KRo Hey!

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2013 :  05:44:45  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://2bitmonkey.wordpress.com/2013/09/18/concert-review-part-of-pixies-at-bowery-ballroom-september-17-2013/ Some photos and some inexcusable mistakes in this review :-)

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2013 :  05:52:19  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/2013/09/live_review_pixies_bowery_ballroom.php

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2013 :  05:58:36  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://houselist.bowerypresents.com/2013/09/18/good-things-dont-always-have-to-come-to-an-end/ Another good review + photos.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

ccuadros
* Dog in the Sand *

Chile
1315 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2013 :  06:13:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From setlist.fm

Big New Prinz (The Fall cover)
Head On (The Jesus and Mary Chain cover)
Crackity Jones
Something Against You
Distance Equals Rate Times Time
What Goes Boom
Indie Cindy
U-Mass
Broken Face
Tame
Isla de Encanta
Subbacultcha
Wave of Mutilation
Bagboy
Blue Eyed Hexe
Planet of Sound
Caribou
Cactus
Nimrod's Son
Hey
I've Been Tired
The Holiday Song
Vamos
Where Is My Mind?
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1225 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2013 :  06:22:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks PRP, you are clearly taking up the baton from yarbles!

Edited by - Sprite on 09/18/2013 06:31:36
Go to Top of Page

Jason
* Dog in the Sand *

1446 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2013 :  06:22:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love that this tour is getting such great reviews.
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1225 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2013 :  06:30:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Operator error

Edited by - Sprite on 09/18/2013 06:31:16
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2013 :  06:38:45  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sprite

Thanks PRP, you are taking clearly taking up the baton from yarbles!

I didn't recorded those videos (I wish I had been there)I just put the links from Youtube for all forum members enjoyment.And yeah we have to honor Yarbles! Gracias Sprite

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

yarbles
= Cult of Ray =

USA
577 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2013 :  07:19:07  Show Profile  Visit yarbles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Pixie Punk! It's always nice to see what our favorite band has been up to, wherever they are in the world. Thanks for collecting all these links!
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2013 :  07:43:47  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by yarbles

Thanks Pixie Punk! It's always nice to see what our favorite band has been up to, wherever they are in the world. Thanks for collecting all these links!

You are welcome Yarbles.Just returning the favor for your important recent contributions to the forum.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000