Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2022 :  05:40:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fleishman (thumbs up) is great, funny and painful

Harry and Meghan (thumbs up) curious to hear what others think of these people. I found it an interesting show.

Andor (thumbs down) has its moments but overall just more mediocre SW fan fiction. I think a good name for a show would be “And/or”

Into season two of Colombo. Brilliant
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
813 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2022 :  22:35:50  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey I'm a background extra on Fleishman! I'm pretty sure the final episode. Look for me next to Liz Caplan in her office.

Not watching much at the moment...
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2022 :  04:55:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Troubles A Foot

Hey I'm a background extra on Fleishman! I'm pretty sure the final episode. Look for me next to Liz Caplan in her office.

Not watching much at the moment...

No kidding? Can't wait to check it out when it comes out. I'll look for you.
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
813 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2022 :  15:11:43  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
One shot I am next to Liz, and I reach over and talk to a coworker after she gets up, and another shot I am in a different outfit, across from that previous spot, kind of behind a computer, typing away...No idea if you'll be able to see me though I do remember the camera being right at me! That was a really exciting day.
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
813 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2022 :  23:26:43  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My mistake, I'm in episode 6, in the office next to her. That seemed to be a much longer scene when we shot it. They only used a tiny second of it.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2023 :  16:14:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Episode 6 was the highlight of the whole series. I believe she got a nomination based just on that episode?

Congrats on your work, keep us posted on where else to find you.
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
813 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2023 :  21:55:07  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't call it work!
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2023 :  05:52:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
;-)

Well I'm impressed. I remember you listed a lot of your shows one time and it was quite the resume
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2023 :  18:04:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I forgot how much FBF is in This Is 40
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2023 :  14:31:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Last of Us is pretty good so far

Source material is a video game?
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2023 :  13:48:38  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Copenhagen Cowboy is some real dark shit - at the same time though good art - foreign film Danish I think about Albanian whore gangs and psycho killers - nice dark synth wave soundtrack
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2023 :  03:42:07  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Star Trek Picard Season 3 seems to be hitting the ground running - I’ve waited nearly 30 years for this and watched the final season of TNG in 1994 at Star Trek conventions in Glasgow - at a convention where Patrick Stewart was booked in a surprise guest but had to cancel (wish they hadn’t told us)

Hope the plot doesn’t end up all over the place as it did in S1 and S2 - asides from being obviously part of the NWO UN Agenda 2030 One World Government Psy-op (the reason why I think they brought it back) the story and characters so far have been as good as anything from TNG days

Edited by - pot on 02/24/2023 03:43:05
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
813 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2023 :  14:40:03  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Almost done with Last of Us. It has things I really like, it's shot beautifully, the production value, and the two main characters. Unfortunately there isn't much of a story. It feels like nothing happened in the entire first season. I feel myself growing impatient. You can only get by on pretty pictures and solid actors for a while. You've got to give people a reason to watch...a NEED to see what happens next.

Me and my...WIFE (MARRIED 3 DAYS AGO!) are watching The Mindy Project, which she's obsessed with. It's just a funny romcom sitcom, but it's actually hard to find stuff like that so she gets really into it. It's fun. Lots of laugh out loud funny lines.

I started checking out The Staircase, the HBO series that essentially, kind of pointlessly dramatizes the documentary The Staircase. I'm not sure I get the need for this show, but it's well made and the performances are great. It feels kind of gross and exploitative at times though.

Edited by - Troubles A Foot on 03/10/2023 14:41:02
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2023 :  14:35:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel pretty much the way you do re: last of us. Good not great.

Enjoy the Staircase
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2023 :  16:46:54  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Terry Matalas writer of some Enterprise (hugely undervalued contribution - the series) liked my two tweets this week about the latest Star Trek: Picard episode - which sees the official (sort of) return of the original TNG crew on a starship somewhere

I have to say (other than one or two minor irritations) the whole arc and TNG characters has been thus far pretty epic

S1+2 of Picard were questionnable - but this season so far has not descended into fuck land as most of the crap the new Star Trek overlords have conjured up so far - and some of the orig characters are BETTER like Worf who is like Morgan frm TWD but way cooler and Dr Bev Crusher is just there.. like she never went away but now an old woman with really cool hair - I think she is shining

New Data is so cool as well - Brent Spiner always said he couldn’t always play Data because of aging - but these days with all fancy computer effects and stuff ? I think they have done a good job reproducing the sets and all from the original series but Data was so cool like a bit slightly old school schi fi sinister maybe at one point?

I hope they don’t go on to fuck it all up with a tripe festival - so far I’m in love like I was in love with TNG back in the day (I’ve met Worf, Troi, Mr Homm (the nicest one I met in a signing queue and the only one to ever ask if I wanted a personal signing), Majel Barret, Q, and from the classics Scotty and Uhura (who unlike Mr Homm was very cold and when I asked for a personal signing repeated some legal statement and then just look at me like “you want this writ nigga?”

Edited by - pot on 03/29/2023 17:05:15
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2023 :  18:19:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Watched a MLB baseball game on tv for the first time in years and enjoyed the experience quite a bit
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2023 :  02:26:04  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wild Mountain Thyme is Amazeballs - watched it last night and if I'm honest just about had to get the old box of hankies out at the end

It's not overly gushy - just a very good romcom

Christopher Walken in I guess one of the his last film appearances now as he is really old - best performance I've seen from him in a while actually I think he's maybe got a bit unlucky with the film roles since The Deerhunter

Written and Directed by John Patrick Shanley who has previously bagged awards and Oscars in the distant past for screenwriting - absolute 10/10 job on this though it's just a joy to watch from beginning to end - all the gorgeous Irish countryside and I think best performance for me has to go to Emily Blunt playing an Irish farm girl (I wouldn't mind rolling around in the hay with her some day in July) She just fucking nails it everything she's in - one the most talented Hollywood actresses of our time for sure
Go to Top of Page

Newo
~ Abstract Brain ~

Spain
2673 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2023 :  13:03:34  Show Profile  Click to see Newo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
that film was the laughing stock of Ireland when it came out, and Emily Blunt's accent sounded like a seal on Xanax.

--

Allen Ginsberg says you got no soul. The ancient Egyptians say you got seven of these bastards, and Pharaohs got fourteen, what they get for being Pharaohs.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2023 :  14:28:04  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Newo

that film was the laughing stock of Ireland when it came out, and Emily Blunt's accent sounded like a seal on Xanax.

A seal on Xanax - or Seal on Xanax?

Not really sure what either of those things sound like but I thought her accent was fine
Go to Top of Page

Newo
~ Abstract Brain ~

Spain
2673 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2023 :  17:15:27  Show Profile  Click to see Newo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It's extremely grating to Irish ears, I can assure you. Dodgy accents and ripe stereotypes everywhere, had the whole country laughing or cringing or both upon release. Glad you enjoyed it, just FYI that plastic Paddy stuff doesn't go down well here (but tbf, the intended audience is not native Irish but rather Irish-flavoured Americans, as there are 30 million of them).

--

Allen Ginsberg says you got no soul. The ancient Egyptians say you got seven of these bastards, and Pharaohs got fourteen, what they get for being Pharaohs.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2023 :  01:58:50  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Newo

It's extremely grating to Irish ears, I can assure you. Dodgy accents and ripe stereotypes everywhere, had the whole country laughing or cringing or both upon release. Glad you enjoyed it, just FYI that plastic Paddy stuff doesn't go down well here (but tbf, the intended audience is not native Irish but rather Irish-flavoured Americans, as there are 30 million of them)

Plastic Paddies? Oh come on it's just a feel-good romcom

I take it you're in Ireland then Newo - I looked up the filming locations and it's apparently filmed in Country Mayo or something - if nothing else it had some plretty lush Irish countryside

I suppose those from Ireland might have a problem with the accents but you know it's just a film - part of acting is playing characters different from your own and part of that can involve putting on an accent - if they'd used all Irish actors then Christopher Walken and Emily Blunt wouldn't be in it

It's like Braveheart - as a Scottish person I can hear Mel Gibson's accent is a bit dodgy - and it's historically inaccurate - but it's still a great film !

I've seen plenty of other Irish films recently featuring genuine Irish people but they're all about guns and violence and gangs and stuff - good films too but less uplifting

All I can say is I thought it was a beautifully made film and all the acting parts convinced me well enough - I mean we are talking some of the best Hollywood actors to play the "plastic paddies"

Edited by - pot on 05/01/2023 05:30:53
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2023 :  05:29:29  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do the yanks ever complain about all the British actors pretending to be American in all these shows and films that seem to feature an awful lot of English actors putting on American accents - with varying success - can't say I've ever heard any that were so bad

Is there a shortage of real American people to play these parts or something?

It's called "acting"

Oh right

It is though

Stop trying to ruin my Emily Blunt fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

Newo
~ Abstract Brain ~

Spain
2673 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2023 :  16:22:32  Show Profile  Click to see Newo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
"Plastic Paddy is a slang expression for the cultural appropriation evidenced by unconvincing or obviously non-native Irishness," from the venerable Wikipedia. We use that term quite often, mostly in reference to Irish-Americans who make a meal of their tenuous links to the motherland, and Wild Mountain Thyme was made by one of those people. If you've never been to Ireland, yeah sure the scenery in the film is nice, but to give you an idea, WMT reads to a native as if Braveheart had William Wallace riding into battle on the Loch Ness Monster while playing the bagpipes - just so many stupid and lazy stereotypes crammed into the frame together that the only sincere reaction is one of derision. Imagine if everyone in Trainspotting wore kilts, that's Wild Mountain Thyme.

--

Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2023 :  00:46:04  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I suppose if they did something similar in Scotland I might feel differently - but it's just a film. At least in Braveheart the plot was serious and most of the actors were Scottish

The world is full of people claiming Scottish ancestry too - I just take it as a compliment. This WMT though is just an almost fairytale story told in the setting of an idylic Irish farm village

I liked it

quote:
Originally posted by Newo If you've never been to Ireland,

I have been once - for my stepbrother's wedding in Dublin in 1990. I went to Dublin.. for One Day

Horrible, sleepless, cramped journey in the back seat of a Mini Metro across on the ferry to NI and back. Me an my mate from school got hooked up with a couple of bonny Irish lasses at the reception and I even wrote a letter to mine but nothing became of it
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2023 :  13:08:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Watched the Banshees of Inisherin

I am all for enjoying movies that I do not get, but man I did not get this movie.

If anyone from that part of the globe would like to shine some light that would be much appreciated.

Enjoyable enough experience but I was lost

Also, Love and Death with Elizabeth Olson is good, especially if you like things like The Staircase

Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2023 :  02:13:51  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just watched the first episode of Natasha Lyonne’s new series Poker Face - hitting the ground running - looking forward to the rest of this

Weird though that just after Anne Heche is whacked for the documentary on elite child sex trafficking she was working on this series comes out - coincidence or part of a psyop to plant the idea in the maleable heads of the masses that elite child sex rings are nothing more than a work of fiction ?

Either way - first episode nails it - real Tales of the Unexpected ending - but still 5 more eps to go…

Oh but now Ep 2 is picking up the storyline and introducing new characters - and what a cast - lots of faces you’ll know from Looper which as it happens was also directed by Rian Johnson whose baby this is - so already some indisuputable talent there

I’m also getting a bit of a Better Call Saul vibe from it too with the slightly cryptic plotlines which are so cleverly woven together and the rewarding plot twists - no more spoilers

I think it will go down well with a few of the regular contributers to this thread

Edited by - pot on 05/27/2023 10:56:26
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2023 :  09:39:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pot forgot if this already came up but have you watched The Silo on Apple at all?
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2023 :  12:05:01  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nope - looks good though see if I can get that bagged while I'm still on 6 months free
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2023 :  23:08:09  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Half way through series 2 of Detectorists - BBC comedy started in 2014 just turned up on the Netflix - Mackenzie Crook of The original Office fame's creation about a metal detectorist club somewhere around Saxondale in England - it's really fucking good actually and I'd say has a bit of an edge on some of the more recent comedies from Gervais
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2023 :  07:09:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like Dune 2 is being delayed due to the writer strike. Wonder how much longer
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2023 :  11:26:50  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
One or two nice celebrity cameos in the latest season of It's Always Sunny - I'll not say in case it's a spoiler for somebody - great stuff again - utterly mental slapstick comedy - up there with all the all time best US comedies now I'd say
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2023 :  03:51:12  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just watched Bull - some weird gangster film from 2021
Best avoided if scary gangster films featuring grotesque violence isn't your thing
That said it is a little bit more than your ordinary gangster flick - confusing plot until the ending and then it's still a bit wtf?
I like a good off beat film that's difficult to fathom and leaves you thinking
Neil Maskel I'd say probably his best performance in anything I've seen yet
Very dark - reminded me of the darkness in the film Naked

Edited by - pot on 10/29/2023 03:51:56
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2023 :  10:53:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Morning Show on Apple must have somebody in production who is a Ween fan
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
813 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2023 :  22:30:32  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The show Superman and and Lois had an episode with 4 or 5 Ween songs in it. It was really crazy.

Currently watching? Kind of in between big shows right now. One episode of Boardwalk Empire left (FINALLY.) Started Superstore which after a terrible pilot has very quickly become delightful.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2023 :  14:25:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Troubles A Foot

The show Superman and and Lois had an episode with 4 or 5 Ween songs in it. It was really crazy.

Currently watching? Kind of in between big shows right now. One episode of Boardwalk Empire left (FINALLY.) Started Superstore which after a terrible pilot has very quickly become delightful.

No kidding?! thanks for the tip Trouble I will look for that
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000