Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Whiskeyshoes
- FB Fan -

67 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2010 :  04:35:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just saw a new posting for FB at McNears in Petaluma. He has played some legendary shows here before and he obviously likes the venue....count me in as this is my town.

WS

Whiskeyshoes
- FB Fan -

67 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2010 :  04:36:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Link....

http://www.mystictheatre.com/show/detail/30888

WS

Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2010 :  17:14:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have fun WS!

Sounds like you're in for a big treat.

(I am a little jealous.)
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2010 :  12:09:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
KTVU.com - Alt-Rock Visionary Plays Solo Acoustic Show.
Go to Top of Page

darwin
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2010 :  16:04:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"I had me a vision.."
Go to Top of Page

Mickey
- FB Fan -

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2010 :  16:48:00  Show Profile  Visit Mickey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll be there!

-Mickey
Go to Top of Page

Mickey
- FB Fan -

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2010 :  06:35:35  Show Profile  Visit Mickey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Awesome show! Not really a lot to talk about, but it was a great performance with a great setlist. The gentleman right in front of Frank who was having too much fun has got to be a forum member. Was that you Whiskeyshoes? You're the guy to hang with at a Frank Black show. Anyway, I'm pretty sure this is everything he played, though not in this order, I just wrote it up chronologically to make it easier on myself.

Caribou
The Holiday Song
Where Is My Mind
Cactus
Wave Of Mutilation
Velouria
Planet Of Sound
Los Angeles
I Heard Ramona Sing
Two Reelers
This Is Where I Belong
Men In Black
All My Ghosts
Western Star
Bullet
The Swimmer
California Bound
Whiskey In Your Shoes
Horrible Day
I Burn Today
Fitzgerald
That Burnt Out Rock ‘n’ Roll
Tight Black Rubber
Angels Come To Comfort You
She Took All The Money
When They Come To Murder Me
Dead Man’s Curve

One very interesting tidbit; before he played "Dead Man's Curve" he noted that it was originally demoed for a Pixies album that never happened. Is this something we've heard before?

-Mickey
Go to Top of Page

matto
= Cult of Ray =

USA
943 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2010 :  07:09:25  Show Profile  Visit matto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey

One very interesting tidbit; before he played "Dead Man's Curve" he noted that it was originally demoed for a Pixies album that never happened. Is this something we've heard before?

-Mickey

yeah... heard here originally:
http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17118&whichpage=1

sminki pinki
Go to Top of Page

Mickey
- FB Fan -

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2010 :  07:26:24  Show Profile  Visit Mickey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
huh! Thanks matto, I missed all of that somehow.

-Mickey
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2010 :  19:24:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mickey! Sounds like a great show!
Go to Top of Page

moksha23x
- FB Fan -

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2010 :  14:54:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Awesome show! Not really a lot to talk about, but it was a great performance with a great setlist. The gentleman right in front of Frank who was having too much fun has got to be a forum member. Was that you Whiskeyshoes? You're the guy to hang with at a Frank Black show. Anyway, I'm pretty sure this is everything he played, though not in this order, I just wrote it up chronologically to make it easier on myself.

Mickey, I was there too! I may have been the guy having "too much fun"! I was definitely having a blast! I was right up front but a bit to the right not directly in front of Frank. I had a great time! Here's a photo i shot from my iPhone......

Go to Top of Page

Mickey
- FB Fan -

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2010 :  07:25:58  Show Profile  Visit Mickey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, that might have been you. I was right up front myself, a little bit to the left. What an awesome time.

-Mickey
Go to Top of Page

Whiskeyshoes
- FB Fan -

67 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2010 :  17:05:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Caribou
The Holiday Song
Where Is My Mind
Cactus
Wave Of Mutilation
Velouria
Planet Of Sound
Los Angeles
I Heard Ramona Sing
Two Reelers
This Is Where I Belong
Men In Black
All My Ghosts
Western Star
Bullet
The Swimmer
California Bound
Whiskey In Your Shoes
Horrible Day
I Burn Today
Fitzgerald
That Burnt Out Rock ‘n’ Roll
Tight Black Rubber
Angels Come To Comfort You
She Took All The Money
When They Come To Murder Me
Dead Man’s Curve

-Mickey

No that wasnt me, I enjoyed it though...

fav tunes....

Western Star
Two Reelers
Swimmer
Whiskey
Angels

cant wait for his return to the Mystic in 2011

WS
Go to Top of Page

DrDark
- FB Fan -

12 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2012 :  09:13:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey folks, first time poster here.

I was at this gig and shot 720p video of the entire performance from the right side balcony rail. I'm looking for someone to author a DVD of it and torrent it. Here's a frame grab:

If you're interested or if you know of someone who would be send me a PM.

Here's the setlist in order.

01 Bullet
02 Cactus
03 Wave Of Mutilation
04 The Swimmer
05 Los Angeles
06 The Water
07 Velouria
08 Horrible Day
09 I Heard Ramona Sing
10 The Holiday Song
11 When They Come To Murder Me
12 California Bound
13 Two Reelers
14 Angels Come To Comfort You
15 She Took All The Money
16 Tight Black Rubber
17 Planet Of Sound
18 I Burn Today
19 That Burnt Out Rock 'n' Roll
20 Where Is My Mind
21 This Is Where I Belong
22 All My Ghosts
23 Men In Black
24 Fitzgerald
25 Whiskey In Your Shoes
26 Western Star
27 Dead Man's Curve
28 Caribou
Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7434 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2012 :  09:21:42  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's too good to be true. It that a nigerian scam?
Anyway, I can't help but I'll be the first in line to download that thing. The setlist is just PERFECT.

Denis

Obsidiana Bijoux
Go to Top of Page

DrDark
- FB Fan -

12 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2012 :  10:41:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vilainde

Anyway, I can't help but I'll be the first in line to download that thing. The setlist is just PERFECT.

Denis

Obsidiana Bijoux

No scam . I've always wanted to learn how to do that, but just never got the time. Here's my scan of the gig poster that would make nice 'album artwork' for a DVD case:

-Clyde
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3894 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2012 :  10:53:33  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Why don't you just post up where to download this?

I can't email posters for some reason, I've probably had my privileges removed because I'm a cunt or something.

** https://twitter.com/artStuvsSeaton ** https://plus.google.com/u/0/109863394112152727620/posts **
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2012 :  11:22:12  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
heheh i think this time it's the or something. I'm sure email is down.

Yes Dr Dark! I think that would make a sweet cover.
Go to Top of Page

DrDark
- FB Fan -

12 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2012 :  15:32:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pot

I can't email posters for some reason, I've probably had my privileges removed because I'm a cunt or something.

** https://twitter.com/artStuvsSeaton ** https://plus.google.com/u/0/109863394112152727620/posts **

Well, I can't post a link to this since it only exists as about 11 gigabytes of .m2ts video files on my computer. Uploading files of that size somewhere is problematic. What I plan to do is burn 4 DVDs of the raw video and mail them to whoever can author a playable DVD and torrent it on a tracker (like dimeadozen).
Go to Top of Page

shineoftheever
> Teenager of the Year <

Canada
4307 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2012 :  17:04:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
can you cut it into 28 youtube videos?

The waxworks were an immensely eloquent dissertation on the wonderful ordinariness of mankind.
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2012 :  18:13:19  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DrDark

quote:
Originally posted by pot

Well, I can't post a link to this since it only exists as about 11 gigabytes of .m2ts video files on my computer. Uploading files of that size somewhere is problematic. What I plan to do is burn 4 DVDs of the raw video and mail them to whoever can author a playable DVD and torrent it on a tracker (like dimeadozen).

DrDark, I could help you out.
I do live in New Zealand, but if you don't have any problems with posting 4 x dvd's to me here, then we might be in business.
I have done plenty of sharing audio with our fellow fb.net friends over the years (check out my dime account: http://www.dimeadozen.org/account-details.php?id=217532), and have done a few pixies dvds in the past too.
i would very gladly sort out the video for you.
if you keen, let me know and we can take this to email....

edit: i tried sending you a message via fb.net but it wouldn't work.

all i can say, thank god for polio! brian

Edited by - benji on 11/11/2012 18:19:20
Go to Top of Page

shineoftheever
> Teenager of the Year <

Canada
4307 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2012 :  18:32:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
woohoo! thanks benji. i was going to volunteer you for this anyways, lol.

i'll chip in a buck for postage! actually everybody who ends up seeing this should mail the guy a dollar in local currency. that would be kinda cool...

keep us posted.

The waxworks were an immensely eloquent dissertation on the wonderful ordinariness of mankind.
Go to Top of Page

Mac E. Doobage
= Cult of Ray =

503 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2012 :  02:22:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can cut it and make some DVDs...just send me photographs and files...
Go to Top of Page

DrDark
- FB Fan -

12 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2012 :  19:18:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benji

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by pot

DrDark, I could help you out.
I do live in New Zealand, but if you don't have any problems with posting 4 x dvd's to me here, then we might be in business.
I have done plenty of sharing audio with our fellow fb.net friends over the years (check out my dime account: http://www.dimeadozen.org/account-details.php?id=217532), and have done a few pixies dvds in the past too.
i would very gladly sort out the video for you.
if you keen, let me know and we can take this to email....

edit: i tried sending you a message via fb.net but it wouldn't work.

Hey guys, sorry I've taken so long to get back here. I'll fire up the DVD burner tomorrow. Postage to New Zealand is not a problem. I've mailed media to the UK before, NZ shouldn't be too bad. Benji, my email is underwood clyde at yahoo dot com. Reverse the underwood and the clyde and put an underscore ("_") between them and that should work (I intentionally swapped first and last name).

Mac Doobage, thanks for the offer. I'll let Benji have first crack at the footage since he offered first and can torrent the final result to all.

I'm still impressed by FB's performance that night. It really was a tour-de-force.

-Clyde
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2012 :  20:11:59  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
awesome DrDark.
I have sent you an email.

cheers,
benji.

Go to Top of Page

shineoftheever
> Teenager of the Year <

Canada
4307 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2012 :  21:54:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
woot woot. benji, do me a favor. send me a message once it is available please: pure denizen at hotmail dot com. reverse pure and denizen and then reverse them again; i did that on purpose....can't frickin wait!

three cheers for dr dark! hip hip hooray hip hip hooray hip hip hooray

20th Anniversary Tour; Teenager Of The Year: Live and Complete - Coming Soon in 2014 to your favorite venue!
Go to Top of Page

Whiskeyshoes
- FB Fan -

67 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2012 :  17:50:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow,
this is great news! I would love to get this recording. How can I arrange that?

WS

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by vilainde

Denis

Obsidiana Bijoux

No scam . I've always wanted to learn how to do that, but just never got the time. Here's my scan of the gig poster that would make nice 'album artwork' for a DVD case:

-Clyde

Go to Top of Page

DrDark
- FB Fan -

12 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2012 :  20:31:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Whiskeyshoes

wow,
this is great news! I would love to get this recording. How can I arrange that?

WS

Once Benji creates a DVD from the footage, I assume he'll let us know (here) when he's put it up on a torrent tracker like dimeadozen.org. If you don't already have a dime account now's the time to get one. With something this large, if this is your first time downloading a torrent it would help your ratio to jump on some other large torrent when it first arrives and hang in there for a while and seed it.
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  21:42:05  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have made a Blu-Ray version of the show and am now trying to make a 1 DVD version.
am moving in a week so won't be able to get it seeded to dime for a wee while, but I will once I get the transcoding right for the dvd version.

Go to Top of Page

Whiskeyshoes
- FB Fan -

67 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2012 :  17:29:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Benji,
Your first sentence made complete sees, but I lost you shortly thereafter! I am very interested in getting any version of the performance and I thank you for your efforts....mate!
Go to Top of Page

DrDark
- FB Fan -

12 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2012 :  18:29:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the update benji! If you can, please give us a heads up here of the exact date and time when you plan to start seeding it on dime so we can be ready to jump on it.

Latecomers (who mostly download it) will take a serious hit to their ratios with a large torrent like this. A ratio of 1 or so (uploaded bits/downloaded bits) is good. At a ratio of 1/4 and below, dime makes things hard until you bring up your ratio. So it pays to get your ratio above 1 before these torrents (especially the Blue-ray one) become available. It's best to start early when the torrent first arrives so you do at least as much uploading as downloading. Once the initial "swarm" is over (which can be short, sometimes only a day or less), latecomers mostly download.

I'll seed both versions as long as I can once they're up.

Edited by - DrDark on 12/07/2012 18:36:35
Go to Top of Page

DrDark
- FB Fan -

12 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2014 :  06:34:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=502806
Go to Top of Page

- FB Fan -

49 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2014 :  08:59:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
can I find this on any other torrent site, maybe one that is not password protected?
Go to Top of Page

DrDark
- FB Fan -

12 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2014 :  19:13:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately no.

It isn't hard to register on dime. Just be persistent. It's worth the trouble to get a dime account. There's tons of great live stuff there.

http://wiki.dimeadozen.org/index.php/DimeFAQ:Frequently_Asked_Questions#Is_DIME_membership_closed.3F_Every_time_I_try_to_register.2C_you.27re_always_full.

If you're new to dime keep in mind that it pays attention to your download/upload ratio so if you initially try to download this big of a torrent you'll likely end up throttled by dime. Folks who are already on dime and have a ratio close to 1 should be okay, but this will be make a dent in your ratio.

http://wiki.dimeadozen.org/index.php/DimeFAQ:Frequently_Asked_Questions#Share_Ratio_related_questions

Yes, it's nazi-like, but trust me, dime is worth it.

Edited by - DrDark on 08/25/2014 19:25:21
Go to Top of Page

shineoftheever
> Teenager of the Year <

Canada
4307 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2014 :  04:05:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how to get d/l started. i picked a few with more seeders to try and get going and bump up ratio but as a new user i am getting nothing. just looks like i'm trying to leech...

"There are things known and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors of perception."
Go to Top of Page

DrDark
- FB Fan -

12 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2014 :  06:26:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pick a torrent (any torrent) on dime that is brand new and jump on it. If you are among the 1st to snatch it, stay there and seed it. That should get your ratio up. The key is to be among the first.

If you "browse" the torrents they are shown in order of upload, with the most recent first. Pick the most recent one with one seeder and few leechers and that should allow you to seed to others more than you leech (thus making your ratio above 1. If it's a really popular torrent and the original seeder has a fast connection, this can happen pretty fast, within hours. If the seeder has a slow connection and the torrent is large (like a DVD) it can take days.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000