RBST in milk
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

awestruck
= Cult of Ray =

USA
377 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  15:35:06  Show Profile  Visit awestruck's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This was posted by a friend in myspace and I thought I would post it here for anyone interested.

Subject: RE: Walmart Milk Warning
Body: WAL-MART MILK: Just in case any of you shop at Wal-Mart like me, you Might want to reconsider buying their Milk after reading this... Please read This and pass along to as many people as you can think of. Mitzi Lyons and Her husband Kyle live in Gainesville, TX.

Their daughter, Marissa, has been experiencing menstrual problems (bleeding every day) for three years and within the last year; she started Producing milk (lactating). They have performed every test, every surgery, put her on birth control and in January were scheduled to undergo a hysterectomy.

NEVERTHELESS,
Mitzi's dad started researching his granddaughter's condition on the internet found out about RBST in milk. RBST is a hormone injected into cows to produce more milk. Wal-Mart Great Value milk contains RBST and is the brand that the Lyons family has used for years. Three months ago, they pulled Marissa off Great Value Milk and she quit bleeding and lactating.

Her doctors in Houston are going to write a medical journal discovery about Her case, because the FDA says that RBST is safe. Mitzi asked me to please Share this with everyone I could think of to I hope that save someone the pain and suffering that Marissa has endured. I have pulled my family from Wal-Mart Great Value milk and bought Borden instead. Borden has a label on their milk that states that RBST is not used on their cows.

It's not you I don't like

The King Of Karaoke
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3759 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  15:48:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've known about this for at least ten years, but you know me I'm just a wacky conspiracy nut. It's much more than a Walmart issue. The FDA approved this hormone yes but the people that worked for Monsanto and developed this hormone later got jobs at the FDA to approve their own research.

http://www.google.com/search?tab=nw&hl=en&ned=us&q=milk%20the%20deadly%20poison

See the udders on this cow? Not normal.

--------------------------

Edited by - The King Of Karaoke on 10/29/2007 16:00:26
Go to Top of Page

darwin
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  15:55:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This email may not be all true or correct, but we (my family) don't drink RBST milk. The idea of drinking milk from infected (and thus pussy) udders is reason enough for me to not drink RBST milk.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/potables/walmart.asp

Edited by - darwin on 10/29/2007 15:59:15
Go to Top of Page

The King Of Karaoke
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3759 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  16:07:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My understanding of it is that they inject the cows with a bacteria that releases RBGH into the cows this gets converted to IGF1 (Insulin growth factor 1) This is the same substance used by bodybuilders to become monstrous freaks. The argument for approval was that growth hormone does not survive stomach acid. This is true. Bodybuilders have to inject growth hormone in order for it to be effective because of this fact. Problem is the lactose contained in t he milk neutralizes stomach acid allowing IGF1 to pass into the small intestine where it is then taken into the bloodstream.

This is the average Joe laymen's version I don't need every higher than thou book snob attacking me about my facts being wrong.

Edited by - The King Of Karaoke on 10/29/2007 16:26:52
Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  16:28:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I stopped drinking milk a year and a half ago. Even before that we bought Alta-Dena milk, which is free of RBST.
Go to Top of Page

Thomas
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1615 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  16:31:23  Show Profile  Click to see Thomas's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Please use Snopes.com before fueling the fire.

Of course someone will probably say snopes is run by the US government.

"Our Love is Rice and Beans and Horses Lard"
Go to Top of Page

ObfuscateByWill
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1884 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  16:35:17  Show Profile  Visit ObfuscateByWill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My little girl drinks RBST-free milk. Rest of us stopped three/four years ago. Son never cared much for it.

-

Too many little girls developing too early. Another layman here, but I can't help but to think it's somewhat related to the gunk in milk/beef.

*Take a bite of the chocolate coffin.
Go to Top of Page

The King Of Karaoke
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3759 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  16:43:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The book "Milk the Deadly Poison" is very informative on this subject. I haven't really drank any milk since reading it.

The first half is pretty dry because he focuses on how Monsanto ended up getting this RBGH approved. There is no shortage of milk this is what's so disturbing. It's just because they invented this biotech bacteria and lobbied heavily to get it approved soley for the purpose of being able to make more money.

The whole idea of drinking milk for your health is a fabricated lie perpetrated by the dairy industry. People are not supposed to be drinking cows milk throughout their lives. baby cows are supposed to be drinking cows milk so that the can rapidly grow from newborns to three hundred pound calves in a matter of months. The idea of humans drinking it throughout their lives only develpped because during the time of the colonist,s cows were brought in so that they could make butter and have a source of fat to survive the harsh New England winters. That first winter here they lost a lot of people due to malnutrition. From there it became and industry.

The idea of drinking milk for calcium is also bogus. High protein foods cause you to become acidic. When your blood is acidic your body tries to adjust this by leaching calcium from your bones. So although there is calcium in milk it's calcium lactate which is not very digestible to begin with and the protein in milk causes your blodd to become acidic. Studies have been done showing after a glass of milk your urine will contain more calcium than was contained in the milk itself.

Go to Top of Page

The King Of Karaoke
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3759 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  16:43:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey look who's not copy and pastiiiinnnnggg! Like a big boooyyyy!

Go to Top of Page

The King Of Karaoke
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3759 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  16:48:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thomas

Darwin just used Snopes. They address the walmart thing directly it doesn't actually address the issue of RBGH in milk as a whole.

I love Snopes and use it frequently particularly for bullshit pro-war emails I receive like "Iran boy gets arm crushed for stealing bread" or Pepsi and Coke delivery guy neighbors get store closed after muslims owners are caught laughing on 9/11".

You probably rabidly forward those on to your entire address book, huh?

Go to Top of Page

kathryn
~ Selkie Bride ~

Belgium
15320 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  18:41:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For many years now, rBGH has been a huge issue in ag states, such as Vermont. One of the neat-o differences that made Ben & Jerry's so popular and progressive is that the farmers whose milk they use pledge not to pump their cows with rBGH.

Happy hearts fall from my shaking hands

Go to Top of Page

awestruck
= Cult of Ray =

USA
377 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  19:02:30  Show Profile  Visit awestruck's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have to say that I have never heard about the milk having this... I really need to pay more attention to the news.

Go to Top of Page

kathryn
~ Selkie Bride ~

Belgium
15320 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  19:08:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll happily turn this into an "animal rights = human health" thread, if you like. Most of the meat that's available (and likely all the meat you buy)comes from animals that were pumped full of antibiotics, hormones and other crap. (Let's skip the part where the animals had short, horrible lives, where they were confined and bred just to be slaughtered.) Same deal with most cow's milk you buy.

Go to Top of Page

awestruck
= Cult of Ray =

USA
377 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  19:23:32  Show Profile  Visit awestruck's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kathryn

I'll happily turn this into an "animal rights = human health" thread, if you like. Most of the meat that's available (and likely all the meat you buy)comes from animals that were pumped full of antibiotics, hormones and other crap. (Let's skip the part where the animals had short, horrible lives, where they were confined and bred just to be slaughtered.) Same deal with most cow's milk you buy.

I know...it is sad. I have started researching it some and it is
sickening what happens to animals.

Going vegie is getting more and more appealing.

Go to Top of Page

The King Of Karaoke
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3759 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  19:40:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PETA video - http://youtube.com/watch?v=CxloCd1kBCY

Go to Top of Page

kathryn
~ Selkie Bride ~

Belgium
15320 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  19:49:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not clicking on that link. Meat-eating = condoning and paying for animal abuse. If people wanna eat meat it's fine with me.

awestruck, as a mom you cannot go wrong with reading labels and knowing what you're feeding your kids.

Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  20:00:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
vegetarians and vegans: please keep up the good work. hopefully you'll eventually make some good changes. please forgive those of us too lazy and selfish to make the lifestyle choice.

I like to complain

Edited by - PixieSteve on 10/29/2007 20:02:58
Go to Top of Page

Srisaket
= Cult of Ray =

Thailand
313 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  20:13:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PixieSteve

please forgive those of us too lazy and selfish to make the lifestyle choice.

I like to complain

...and those that are too dirt poor to have a choice and will gladly eat what is put in front of them be it animal, vegetable, fish, fruit or fowl etc.
Go to Top of Page

The King Of Karaoke
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3759 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  20:16:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Srisaket

quote:
Originally posted by PixieSteve

please forgive those of us too lazy and selfish to make the lifestyle choice.

I like to complain

...and those that are too dirt poor to have a choice and will gladly eat what is put in front of them be it animal, vegetable, fish, fruit or fowl etc.

Generally those that are too poor - in other parts of the world - have cleaner food choices. Unless they are poor in and live in the good old U.S of A

Edited by - The King Of Karaoke on 10/29/2007 20:16:34
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  21:34:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The King Of Karaoke

quote:
Originally posted by Thomas

Darwin just used Snopes. They address the walmart thing directly it doesn't actually address the issue of RBGH in milk as a whole.

I love Snopes and use it frequently particularly for bullshit pro-war emails I receive like "Iran boy gets arm crushed for stealing bread" or Pepsi and Coke delivery guy neighbors get store closed after muslims owners are caught laughing on 9/11".

You probably rabidly forward those on to your entire address book, huh?

i think it's funny how everyone trusts Snopes as the final word on everything.

Snopes can suck my balls
Go to Top of Page

The King Of Karaoke
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3759 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  21:38:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Particularly the slaves.

By the way... The other night - with a mouth full of KOK testes satchel - BLT commented on how your balls lack even more elasticity then mine do.

Edited by - The King Of Karaoke on 10/29/2007 21:39:14
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  22:01:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
come on kok, you can do better than that can't you?
Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  22:42:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

By the way... The other night - with a mouth full of KOK testes satchel - BLT commented on how your balls lack even more elasticity then mine do.

C'mon, you call those a mouthful???
Go to Top of Page

The King Of Karaoke
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3759 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  23:12:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BLT

quote:

C'mon, you call those a mouthful???

Sorry , I forgot you worked for the circus there... frog boy.

Go to Top of Page

The King Of Karaoke
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3759 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  23:21:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by awestruck

I have to say that I have never heard about the milk having this... I really need to pay more attention to the news.

No, don't pay attention to the news. It's all lies designed to keep slaves asleep.

Do some of your own research on the net. The peoples medium.

Go to Top of Page

VoVat
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2007 :  14:25:21  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've never liked milk. Now, cheese, on the other hand, is excellent. And I don't know what hormones that contains.

"If you doze much longer, then life turns to dreaming. If you doze much longer, then dreams turn to nightmares."
Go to Top of Page

MissMaceo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2009 :  12:33:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was hoping this might be about the movie Milk.
As a non-milk drinker myself, I don't come across the acronym RBST much.

People still shop at Walmart eh? Damn.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000