http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?agency=TDC&pid=6090313

yesyesyesyes

same place christmass was filmed

Erebus
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1834 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2007 :  12:22:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the alert MissMaceo. I checked it out but it seemed as though after shipping the cost comes to almost $40, whereas I expect to be able to get "will call" tickets at Harlow's own site ( http://www.harlows.com/ ) for $15 + $2 charge, so I'm gonna wait for awhile. I sent an email to them today asking when they'll be offering tickets, and will try to remember to post here when I get info.

Go to Top of Page

Noah Nelson
- FB Fan -

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2007 :  14:43:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erebus

Thank you for the alert MissMaceo. I checked it out but it seemed as though after shipping the cost comes to almost $40, whereas I expect to be able to get "will call" tickets at Harlow's own site ( http://www.harlows.com/ ) for $15 + $2 charge, so I'm gonna wait for awhile. I sent an email to them today asking when they'll be offering tickets, and will try to remember to post here when I get info.

Go to The Beat record store on 17th and J street, 10 blocks down from Harlows, they should have them for face value, if I remember right from past FB shows.
Go to Top of Page

MissMaceo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  18:11:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
a friend picked some up at R15 (site of the old tower) for me

yeah the shipping charge was just STUPID!

anyone taping?
Go to Top of Page

darwin
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  23:57:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tickets are now up on the Harlow's site. The $2 service charge seems reasonable to avoid the drive. I've got mine!

https://www.gribbendesign.com/harlows/
Go to Top of Page

MissMaceo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  10:54:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
anyone taping?
Go to Top of Page

Erebus
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1834 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  13:35:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got mine too. Harlow's never did reply to my message about when tickets would be on sale, but all is well now.

Go to Top of Page

darwin

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  13:51:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I emailed them too and got no response. They probably correctly wrote us off as Frank Black wackos, who would eventually buy tickets no matter what.
Go to Top of Page

jetblackriver
- FB Fan -

19 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2007 :  16:02:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will anyone be going to this show tonight with an intention of taping? Someone posted on taperssection that they will be trying for a soundboard patch, but not be running mics. So if anyone is going and is planning on taping or knows someone who can tape using their mics, we could get another nice matrix mix (sbd & mics) for this show. Please post on here or send me an email.

Edited by - jetblackriver on 10/07/2007 16:03:34
Go to Top of Page

darwin

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2007 :  09:37:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wet blanket: I've been to about 8 Frank Black shows (solo and Catholic) and the one this week was my least favorite. I didn't walk away feeling cheated or thinking it was a bad show. It just wasn't as good. I never felt swept away by any of the songs. Never had the sense that the band was hitting a groove. Part of it may have been the material. I like Bluefinger and I like the ethos, but during the show I was really wishing to hear the tight Catholics play Rock & Roll or Jane.
Go to Top of Page

MissMaceo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2007 :  20:28:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
where were you darwin?

and

i loved it.

:)
Go to Top of Page

darwin

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2007 :  20:39:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Front center and then I moved to the side to get away from a spastic dancer who was there for Pixie tunes.
Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2007 :  21:08:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by darwin

...a spastic dancer who was there for Pixie tunes.

If that was a girl, I think she was beside me at The Mint seeing FB & the C's in 2001.
Go to Top of Page

bluetorpedo37
- FB Fan -

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  01:02:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a show!!

Crowd was a little sleepy though and likely the reason the man did not give us "Where is my Mind?" BF said he wasn't going to play it simply because violet was not present for the oooo ooo 's. Trust me BF, the crowd will take care of that just fine. Nonetheless, Violet was missed.

Love the Bluefinger songs...especially the intensity in "Tight Black Rubber" and "Threshold Apprehension."

Also, BF's comments were simply hilarious...the road to SanFran, the water bit (any parent would love that one), etc.
Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  03:42:28  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You guys should know that such a short summary is not enough. We wanna know the setlist, we wanna know how the band sounded, we wanna know if Black did anything goofy. Come on!

MissMaceo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  13:38:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
he came out eating an apple and holding the setlist like it was the newspaper and he's on his way to the lazy boy for a nice nap

he opened with acoustic holiday song which was perfect

the bassist came out a few songs later, and the drummer a few songs after that

i never remember a setlist but dead man's curve was a highlight

he was personable and goofy throughout, telling us how he'd just as soon play only sacramento and skip san francisco because you can't get in and out easily - so true

he told one guy who took issue with his ending of a song 'fuck you buddy. i know i fucked it up. at least i got to the end of the fucking song'

Go to Top of Page

darwin

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  13:52:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a terrible memory, but was it Holiday Song that he messed up? And, it was all joking, good natured stuff.

He also repeated some of the "I can't understand you" banter with the crowd. Oh, he also at one point couldn't read the set list because he tossed aside his glasses. He asked someone in the crowd to read it for him, but they couldn't. Someone yelled out a Bluefinger song and off the band went.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000