Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

shineoftheever
> Teenager of the Year <

Canada
4307 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2007 :  17:48:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i waited to get this album "legally". i have only heard threshold and tight black rubber and captain pasty. i would like to get this cd at least a week or two before the show so i can get familiar. i am fuming! this is just unethical! grrrr.

The waxworks were an immensely eloquent dissertation on the wonderful ordinariness of mankind.
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2007 :  19:59:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At least you get to see the songs live ;) I wish I could say that.

bluefinger

Edited by - Daisy Girl on 09/14/2007 20:00:11
Go to Top of Page

quadrophenic
- FB Fan -

16 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2007 :  23:00:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brank_Flack

well the majourity of people would rather have the phyical cd instead of the iTunes download, and since its a physical cd it costs more. 15 dollars is good, especially with the current free shipping
i got an email saying they're waiting to recieve more copies of bluefinger before they can ship it out, i hope it wont be too long
maybe an autographed copy charles? ;)

That's what I'm talking about though. The physical CDs cost under $10 at places like CD Universe. Even with shipping, if you buy two (or more) at a time, you're STILL paying less.
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3423 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  00:12:49  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
just cause he's selling them from his store, it doesn't mean you have to buy it from him.
and he can really charge what he likes.
most people seem pretty pleased with $15 so i wouldn't really worry about it.

all i can say, thank god for polio! brian
Go to Top of Page

mr.biscuitdoughhead
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1729 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  08:16:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
every fb album i've ever bought was at least $15. except the used ones but still.

"How do you like that, Sir Harold?"
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  09:07:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bought 93-03 for €19.99. Most new release CDs are around the 21 quid mark here. I have bought a couple of FB albums at sale price for around €15 before.

"I hate how the reptile dreams it's a mammal. Scaley monster: be what you are!!" - Erebus.
Go to Top of Page

quadrophenic
- FB Fan -

16 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  14:09:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm not saying "Bad Charles!" or anything. He's free to charge what he likes. I just noticed it and it was weird to me. It was probably a stupid thing to bring up...

I will say, though, that I would'nt have known about "Snake Oil" and "One More Hit" if not for the site, though...so that's good! Got $20 from me for those, and I was happy to give it! :)
Go to Top of Page

gyaneshwar
- FB Fan -

194 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  14:26:22  Show Profile  Visit gyaneshwar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Site rocks, Charles. The TBR video is great - obviously a very relaxed set. There are a ridiculous number of boob shots in that video - overall it's hilarious and light-hearted and fun.

-------

I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.
Go to Top of Page

Brank_Flack
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
912 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  13:34:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is there anyway to cancel my bluefinger order on the site? i'd like to get it from amazon as it's actually in stock there
Go to Top of Page

Grotesque
= Cult of Ray =

France
777 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  04:53:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Tight Black Rubber video is great: just as sexy and funny as the song itself. He should put the videos done for Christmass, they were great too. Those videos are so relaxed they are just what you need when you feel disgusted having watched MTV a few minutes.
They got some kind of lost innocence. But it's the lost inocence of a nasty little devil !!!

For the rest of the site, I suppose it's a bit more normal than the first yellow and red page, it looks a bit more like any music site. I guess it's a good thing to have an online shop and everything, but I'll still be looking first for the creative stuff, like the videos.
Go to Top of Page

shineoftheever
> Teenager of the Year <

Canada
4307 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2007 :  17:16:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i got an e-mail saying they shipped it yesterday.

The waxworks were an immensely eloquent dissertation on the wonderful ordinariness of mankind.
Go to Top of Page

Brank_Flack
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
912 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2007 :  18:19:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
same :)
i wonder how long a shipment from oregan to ontario will be
Go to Top of Page

shineoftheever
> Teenager of the Year <

Canada
4307 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  02:38:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
depends on the customs clearance process i guess.

Go to Top of Page

Jason
* Dog in the Sand *

1446 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  08:39:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While I really don't know anything, I kinda doubt that the blackfrancis.net webstore is a direct line to Frank. It's probably some office in Pennsylvania or somewhere that takes the orders and then sends out the CDs.

It's just a guess. Again, I don't know nuthin'. I just don't see Frank himself dealing with something like this.
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  09:26:45  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have you read the update:

quote:
Octember 2.0
from thebureau.us: Congrats to our new customers at BlackFrancis.net, we appreciate your patience while we set up shop. Mr. Francis has asked for a little something extra to be included with your order so check your mailboxes at least every 10 minutes. In the near future, we hope to be able to provide a 2-way conversation between you and us so that we can continue to tweak the site to suit deepest desires.

The contact address for the webstore is "The Bureau, PO BOX 50310, Eugene, OR. 97405-0976, USA". I think The Bureau and BF.net is somewhat connected, whether it be through Frank Black or the makers of the two sites.

Didn't FB mention somewhere about setting up a label or something similar? I guess all will be revealed once the TheBureau.us is up and running.
Go to Top of Page

kfs
= Cult of Ray =

USA
889 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  10:05:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

There's another update:
quote:
Octember 2.5 from thebureau.us:
Black Francis and his band are starting rehearsals this week for their upcoming west coast swing. We are able to confirm that Mrs. Violet Clark will be participating in a vocal capacity. It appears the set will include all of the Bluefinger tracks, other Black Francis material (that is to say, PIXIES) and maybe even some new stuff. We will be debuting three new Black Francis tees on tour which will eventually make their way onto the store.
Go to Top of Page

Steak n Sabre
* Dog in the Sand *

Uzbekistan
1013 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  10:08:29  Show Profile  Visit Steak n Sabre's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In my case, the 'little something extra' was a signed Polaroid from The Man. Nice touch......

Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  10:37:04  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
<i>the set will include all of the Bluefinger tracks</i>

YESSS! Angels live. I'm gonna go banana.

Jason
* Dog in the Sand *

1446 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  12:44:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fbc

Have you read the update:

quote:
Octember 2.0
from thebureau.us: Congrats to our new customers at BlackFrancis.net, we appreciate your patience while we set up shop. Mr. Francis has asked for a little something extra to be included with your order so check your mailboxes at least every 10 minutes. In the near future, we hope to be able to provide a 2-way conversation between you and us so that we can continue to tweak the site to suit deepest desires.

The contact address for the webstore is "The Bureau, PO BOX 50310, Eugene, OR. 97405-0976, USA". I think The Bureau and BF.net is somewhat connected, whether it be through Frank Black or the makers of the two sites.

Didn't FB mention somewhere about setting up a label or something similar? I guess all will be revealed once the TheBureau.us is up and running.

Unexpected (by cynical me, at least)! Very cool.
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  13:47:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apparently fb had wanted to play the entire album from from the start, on the euro tour.

I reckon the upcoming tour is perhaps the best representation of the Bluefinger 'experience', if you like. Good to see him, having taken the step of playing all the guitar on the album, actually playing it live!
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6013 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2007 :  01:45:07  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think the best Bluefinger 'experience' would be his concert at the Hedon, Zwolle. I mean how more connected can you get? BF singing about the small town where the concert is. Unfortunately, I didn't go.

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?
Go to Top of Page

tisasawath
= Cult of Ray =

Wallis and Futuna Islands
783 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2007 :  07:10:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i can't stop singing Alabaster

and the chords(?) are just killing me.. has anyone tried to decipher those? fbc?

-----
AAAAWWWWWRRRIIGGHHTTTTT !! !
Go to Top of Page

MajorKey
- FB Fan -

41 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2007 :  15:23:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like "Alabaster" too but it sounds too much like a demo for me to really get behind. If the man ever decides to fully produce this one it could be a killer.
Go to Top of Page

matto
= Cult of Ray =

USA
944 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  11:26:51  Show Profile  Visit matto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
my email sez I'm order no. 25 - does that mean anything? I mean, I can't believe there have only been that many orders so far. anyone know?

sminki pinki
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6013 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  14:06:33  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I got a great polaroid from the Man! Best deal I made on the net so far!

Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  14:22:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'm #26
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  15:04:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by billgoodman

Didn't you just get 50 CDs for a cent or something?

Please pardon me, for these my wrongs.
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  19:26:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How cool is it that Black Francis is giving out something extra w/ the cds? I wasn't expecting anything extra other than the free shipping which was already very cool and I can't wait to get mine.

bluefinger
Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  19:58:51  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Daisy, have you received a confirmation that your order was shipped? I didn't get anything yet...

billgoodman

Netherlands
6013 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  00:34:21  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coastline

quote:
Originally posted by billgoodman

Didn't you just get 50 CDs for a cent or something?

make that 20, but yes, that was maybe the best deal moneywise. But did ebay give me a signed polaroid with BF and a toycar on it? Nope!

Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  06:02:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, that's good marketing, I guess. I'm gonna go look around and see what I might buy to add to my collection. I've still never bought a copy of Honeycomb (got a copy from a friend) ...

Edited by - coastline on 09/24/2007 06:02:30
Go to Top of Page

pixiestu
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2564 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  06:12:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've just ordered Bluefinger (finally). If that gets here okay I'm gonna get a few others, they are really good prices. I never bought Honeycomb either.

"The arc of triumph"
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  19:58:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Czar

Daisy, have you received a confirmation that your order was shipped? I didn't get anything yet...

I didn't recieve info that it was shipped. i was out of town last week and I am not sure exactly when it showed up but it was in the stack of mail waiting at the post office when my husband picked it up today.

Have you gotten yours Czar?

I got the pic and it rocks. i can't tell you how lucky and happy it made me feel. i jumped around for 5 minutes and i still have a huge grin on my face!!!! of course getting bluefinger alone would have made me giddy, too. :)

bluefinger
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  22:45:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can somebody post one of these pix?

Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6013 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2007 :  04:47:05  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
maybe I can scan them next weekend

btw, the free shipping-deal is over, but they are still very reasonable. I bought another bluefinger for my brothers.
I encourage everybody do to so, it's easy, cheaper than a physical store and the closest you get (I think) to give BF money directly. I was order number 6 and number 25, I hope it will soon be more.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000