Great Pet Stories
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3424 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2007 :  16:56:13  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thought that since we've a sad pet thread going for a while that we needed a good pet thread to counter it.
and since i started the sad pet thread, i felt it was my duty to also initiate the good pet thread.

so i'll start....

Title: Swallowing Pills

we've just had to give our two cats some pills from the vet.
one of the cats somehow got a pretty nasty gash on her back leg so got some stuff so it doesn't get infected. at the same time we got some worm tablets for them both to enjoy.

now the one who didn't get the gash (muffin) was not impressed with us trying to give us her pill...when the vet shows you how to do it it looks just so easy, but as soon as you try it never ever works like that....guess they gotta have something to show for their huge student loan afterall.
anyways, after absolutely ages of trying to get the thing rammed down her throat we gave up and thought we'd try our other cat, ember.
well we picked her up and had the pill in our hand and got all prepared to hold her paws and get our hand over her head so we could force her jaw open, but before we could do any of that she gobbled down the pill right out of my hand...
we were flabberghasted....
she just ate it right out of my hand...
cats are normally very good at eating food out of your hand, but are not good at eating pills out of your hand.
they also usually dont fall for the 'pill mushed into food' trick, hence the ramming it down their throats, but ember is either a very stupid pussy cat or a very clever cat and didn't want to go through the ramming phase so decided to take the initiative....
regardless, we thought it very funny.
and this morning i had to do it again and once more she ate it right out my hand.

our cats continue to amaze us.

so in celebration here's a piccy:

all i can say, thank god for polio! brian

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2007 :  17:35:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aw, that's cute.

"I hate how the reptile dreams it's a mammal. Scaley monster: be what you are!!" - Erebus.
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2007 :  18:38:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are cute. Who is who and how old are they?

bluefinger
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3424 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2007 :  18:50:29  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ember = black.
muffin = grey.

they'd be 9 months old now.
and they like each other alot.
they're not related but they get on very well.

Edited by - benji on 07/19/2007 19:16:20
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2007 :  19:05:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
awww... what a cute photo!!!

bluefinger
Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey
= Official forum monkey =

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2007 :  05:56:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you need to use psychological warefare on Ember, similar to that used by Kyle, Stan and Cartman on Butters after Kenny died (sorry if you don;t watch South Park).

You: "Wow what a great cat muffin is"
Your Wife: "Yeah did you see the way she just ate that pill from your hand, no problem? What a great kitty"
You: "Yeah she's a hell of a cat, the greatest"

Either that or just mix it in with her food.

I'd walk her everyday, into a shady place
Go to Top of Page

Srisaket
= Cult of Ray =

Thailand
313 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  07:06:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You need to spoil them, buy them each a new outfit...

Or maybe this one:

Edited by - Srisaket on 07/22/2007 07:06:38
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  16:45:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha!!

"I hate how the reptile dreams it's a mammal. Scaley monster: be what you are!!" - Erebus.
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  17:22:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if they're chewable, make sure they don't swallow. you wouldn't want them to choke.

"Idiot" is just her sig.
Go to Top of Page

mr.biscuitdoughhead
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1729 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2007 :  09:12:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had a kitten a while back that we have since given to the Humane Society 'cos we had way too many, and one day we found he had climbed into a dollhouse we had, and stuck his head out the window:

i'm actually not sure how he got up there, or how he stayed up there, but it's very cute.

ummm... salad?
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3424 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2007 :  13:03:12  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
that is ridiculously cute....
very very funny.

how could you ever have too manu kittens?

Go to Top of Page

mr.biscuitdoughhead
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1729 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2007 :  13:59:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benji

how could you ever have too manu kittens?

there were about five more, too. now we have just four, and one stays outside all the time. but it seems like five - we have this stray cat that thinks it belongs to us, 'cos we keep feeding it.

ummm... salad?

Edited by - mr.biscuitdoughhead on 07/30/2007 14:32:27
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2007 :  14:35:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We got some new cats over the weekend. Like benji, we subscribe to the theory that you can't have too many. Anyway, we named one Neko, the Japanese word for cat (and yes, there was some threadal influence in that name). It looks remarkably like the one in mr.bdh's dollhouse.

There's a perfect explanation for the shit that I've been in. As soon as I find out, I'll let you know.
Go to Top of Page

mr.biscuitdoughhead
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1729 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2007 :  14:47:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well as long as i'm going thru a bunch of old pictures, i might as well show one of my favorites:

i wish our cats were still kittens, they were so cute!

ummm... salad?

Edited by - mr.biscuitdoughhead on 07/30/2007 14:47:49
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3424 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2007 :  15:35:21  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
so many cute cats...
love it.
we had 13 cats when i was younger.
but we lived on a farm and only a couple lived inside.
so i'm a big fan of many cats.
we've only got the 2 now, and i do think that'll be enuf for a while...

Go to Top of Page

glacial906
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2007 :  17:10:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Funny you should start this thread...

Yesterday I was moving all day and at the end of the day I needed to take my cat, Secret, over to our new place. My in-laws have this cardboard carrying case that they got from the Animal Shelter awhile back. They let me borrow it for the transport. It's pretty cramped but the drive was short, so I wasn't worried. Secret was pretty chilled out for about half of the trip, but then at a red light, I suddenly caught the unmistakeable whiff of catshit, and Secret started meowing kind of frantically. I had to open the window, the air just wasn't cutting it anymore.

So I arrived at my new place and, with dread opened the box. Upon lifting Secret out there was shit everywhere. It had to have been the most opportune time for him to have diarrhea. And it was all over the cat: in his fur, on his legs and tail. Needless to say he got a bath that day. I called my in-laws and told them they probably wouldn't want their cardboard pet-carrying-case back!

Signature censored by forum moderators.
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3424 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2007 :  17:28:26  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
oh dear.
so how did secret like his bath?
i've never considered giving a cat a bath, but have never had reason to give one....
you had a damn good reason...

when we first got muffin we had to sometime cut dags out of her fur cause she had runny poohs for a while and it just got stuck to her.
now that was unpleasent.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000