My Protools Nightmare---please help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

IceManCometh
- FB Fan -

58 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  18:52:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lambaste me if you will, but way back in October 2006 I bought one of those M-Box 2 Protools LE 7 "production packages." Needless to say, this was purchased for home experiments and nothing too serious. At the moment, the thing's a glorified paperweight; I had major compatability issues with my computer, a newish Pavilion Slimline model. Turns out that Protools is tempermental when it comes to the kind of chipset you're using, and it hated mine.

As many of you are probably aware, Digidesign support is practically nonexistent. Moreover, their "recommended computers" page has not been updated in some time. Now, I'm about to buy something that's compatible with this hardware and software, but don't know where to start. Any "success" stories (meaning: getting it to simply work, and being able to use 10-20 tracks) on here? I'd love to go Mac but just don't have the scratch. I understand there are some newer laptops and PCs that are compatible with this software and hardware, however, so any recommendations would be much, much appreciated. Again, I'm not looking to do anything too serious---I'm a dabbler, at best---but getting this thing off the ground after several months would be a worthwhile summer project.

Thanks in advance!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000