Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

FranknWeezer
= Cult of Ray =

USA
356 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2006 :  07:52:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A guy...you're partly correct. Before Gyaneshwar, he said, "Here's another chance for a bathroom break." The first time was before My Terrible Ways.
-FranknWeezer
Go to Top of Page

shakibmahavari
- FB Fan -

1 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2006 :  08:36:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For the nitpicky guys like myself, here's the complete setlist:

1. Ten Percenter
2. Remake/Remodel
3. Living on Soul
4. Suffering
5. My Terrible Ways
6. Dog Gone
7. Gyaneshwar
8. Horrible Day
9. Bullet
10.I Burn Today
11.Pittsburgh (I'm Not Dead)
12.All Around the World (Needle in my Arm)
13.Raiderman
14.Calistan
15.I'll Be Blue
16.The Swimmer
17.Johnny Barleycorn
18.Nadine
20.Dead Man's Curve
----
21. Sing For Joy
Go to Top of Page

FranknWeezer
= Cult of Ray =

USA
356 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2006 :  08:41:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're absolutely right about AATW. I believe that was actually the one they hadn't yet practiced together and he recommended a bathroom break.
-FranknWeezer
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2006 :  09:09:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yo Ryan, thanks man, 'preciate you thinking of me and passing on the picture I took of The Man.

Wow, that gig poster looks really cool. He used the fmrm promo posters for his gig poster here, not nearly as interesting looking as the Memphis one, though.

So, how did he make himself available to meet and greet/sign autographs/chat? I'm telling you,
he's a generous sonofabitch, isn't he!

That's funny 'bout EDF honestly telling you he didn't know what you were talking about.

Hey man, I enjoyed your review. Don't ever lose the honesty.

While waiting for "Schwarma", I joined the "Cult of System of a Down", Huh...
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2006 :  10:48:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Thing

I just watched the You Tube snippet of Dead Man's Curve, and all I can say is that Old Man In A Coffee Can's assessment of my state of "jonesin'" is fairly accurate right now

Yep, I always missed mine whenever we were apart and now I just miss the goodtimes, huh...(Sounds like a country song there doesn't)

While waiting for "Schwarma", I joined the "Cult of System of a Down", Huh...

Edited by - OldManInaCoffeeCan on 10/09/2006 10:52:00
Go to Top of Page

Tiny Team Concerts
- FB Fan -

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2006 :  18:56:18  Show Profile  Visit Tiny Team Concerts's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That Memphis gig poster looks great.

Here's a gander at the limited-edition posters we've done for the Savannah show. They're printed beautifully on a very thick, textured cream-colored cardstock with a soft matte finish.

The bumblebee's obviously a Honeycomb/Queen Of Love reference, and though it might be hard to see in this image, the background is made up of a bunch of heiroglyphic-style drawings which allude to some of Frank's lyrics as well as to a lot of Jainist mythology and religious symbolism.

Our designer did a really nice job. There are less than 50 of these that were printed which we held back and did ot put up. We'll have them for sale (and hopefully for signing) at the gig on October 15.

We still have advance tickets available through our website (www.tinyteamconcerts.info), but we'll be shutting down online sales this Thursday afternoon at the latest and consolidating all the remaining tickets at our local outlets.

So, if anyone was planning on making the drive to beautiful Savannah for this show, I'd go ahead and order a ticket online now, or there's no guarantee you'll be able to get in the night of the gig.

Thanks!

--
Tiny Team Concerts
"Good music for nice people"
Go to Top of Page

FranknWeezer
= Cult of Ray =

USA
356 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2006 :  19:44:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah I really liked the Memphis gig poster, too. When I walked up to buy it, though, I was a little put off by the fact that they charged $10 for it. But hey, they had supply, and anything with "Frank Black" on it is in demand for me.
By the way, TTC, do you guys have to show it to Charles or his management and get approval before running the final copy and placing it for sale at the venue? Does he have any say in whether or not he approves of the content?
-FranknWeezer
Go to Top of Page

Apesy
= Cult of Ray =

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2006 :  21:34:52  Show Profile  Visit Apesy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You seriously think $10 is too much for such a quality, limited edition poster?

-=Apesy
Go to Top of Page

scruvs
= Cult of Ray =

353 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2006 :  21:41:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ejcampbell

Don't know about that, but judge for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixh5nRgonf0

That's sick. Solo, I liked it better on the tele than acoustic, and it's that much better with the band. The drums behind "so sweeeeeeeeet honey," is good stuff. Scream it, Frank!

Thanks for sharing the video.

two reelers
* Dog in the Sand *

Austria
1018 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2006 :  03:20:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TEN PERCENTER ! HOLY C*********G CHRIST !!

man, an european tour would be so great...

I joined the cult of Souled American / 'cause they are a damn' fine band
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2006 :  05:59:02  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote

quote:

all I can say is that Old Man In A Coffee Can's assessment of my state of "jonesin'" is fairly accurate right now

"Jonesin'"? Could anyone translate, please?

-----
Blackolero le only Frank Black / Pixies site 100% in français
Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2006 :  06:03:11  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Same here, this expression escapes me.
Go to Top of Page

kfs
= Cult of Ray =

USA
889 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2006 :  06:05:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wants something very badly...
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2006 :  06:15:08  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh.

Ok.

Emmm.

By the way Kelly, thanks for your pics--I stole one of 'em for my FB site :)

-----
BLACKOLERO le only Frank Black / Pixies site 100% in français
Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2006 :  06:37:59  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mr. Grenouille ensablée: I found this on the internets: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jonesing
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2006 :  06:54:32  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mr. Czar.

"Sheeeit beeeitch after smokin' dat weed I'm jonesing for some grub!"

-----
BLACKOLERO le only Frank Black / Pixies site 100% in français
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2006 :  07:29:39  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tiny Team Concerts

That Memphis gig poster looks great.

Here's a gander at the limited-edition posters we've done for the Savannah show. They're printed beautifully on a very thick, textured cream-colored cardstock with a soft matte finish.

The bumblebee's obviously a Honeycomb/Queen Of Love reference, and though it might be hard to see in this image, the background is made up of a bunch of heiroglyphic-style drawings which allude to some of Frank's lyrics as well as to a lot of Jainist mythology and religious symbolism.

Our designer did a really nice job. There are less than 50 of these that were printed which we held back and did ot put up. We'll have them for sale (and hopefully for signing) at the gig on October 15.

We still have advance tickets available through our website (www.tinyteamconcerts.info), but we'll be shutting down online sales this Thursday afternoon at the latest and consolidating all the remaining tickets at our local outlets.

So, if anyone was planning on making the drive to beautiful Savannah for this show, I'd go ahead and order a ticket online now, or there's no guarantee you'll be able to get in the night of the gig.

Thanks!

--
Tiny Team Concerts
"Good music for nice people"

This looks quite nice indeed, a pat on the back to your designer and you guys for knowing enough to create a poster like this as well as being what I would consider on the ball as far as promoting goes. We should be so lucky as to have promoters like you up here.

"Now you're officially my woman. Kudos. I can't say I don't envy you."
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2006 :  09:08:13  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
but less of the "of the Pixies" ;)
Go to Top of Page

scruvs
= Cult of Ray =

353 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2006 :  15:29:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frog in the Sand

quote:

all I can say is that Old Man In A Coffee Can's assessment of my state of "jonesin'" is fairly accurate right now

"Jonesin'"? Could anyone translate, please?

-----
Blackolero le only Frank Black / Pixies site 100% in français

The top two definitions from urbandictionary.com (although posting these might introduce new words that will need to be defined):

1. Jonesin
117 up, 7 down

A word used to describe an intense craving for a drug. Comes from Great Jones Street in New York City, between Broadway and Lafayette Street, a former junkie hangout.

I'm jonesin' for some coke

1. jonesing
214 up, 53 down

to have a strong need, desire, or craving for something.
see also: jones

Sheeeit beeeitch after smokin' dat weed I'm jonesing for some grub!

Shaniqua is mad jonesing for Rasheed, dat bitch follow him around everywhere.

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2006 :  15:39:46  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fbc

but less of the "of the Pixies" ;)

True, didn't notice that, though I suppose if it helps attract new people then great. I don't know how many people would see that that weren't already closely inspecting the sign because it said Frank Black in the first place, but...

"Now you're officially my woman. Kudos. I can't say I don't envy you."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000