Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

s_wrenn
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1851 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  05:25:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last month i was seaching the web for more info on this. And all i came up with was recycled old news. It has been knocking around since the show ended.
Today i came across this:
http://www.totalfilm.com/movie_news/x-files_2_in_the_works

So do people still care about the X-Files?
Is there the general interest in the show there used to be?
I know that i would welcome the movie, as long as it redeems the pile of shite that was the last two seasons and the shameful finale.
Then again, it could be the worse thing Chris Carter ever did to the show.
{Favourite X-Files episode? I always liked the one that had Jack Black in it. You know the one with the guy who gets struck with lightening}

http://myspace.com/seanwrenn

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  06:05:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave Grohl was in it too, apparently.

I read about this last night. Non-alien plot. Hmmm. I suppose another UFO story would be too obvious. Could go either way. A decent script and a bit of passion, could be good. The first one wasn't bad, I actually have it on DVD.

Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey
= Official forum monkey =

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  06:47:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got baored after the first couple of series, which were excellent. I preferred it when the episodes didn't link together. The continuing storyline with regards aliens etc got very boring. I preferred the one-off storylines from the early days.

I'd walk her everyday, into a shady place
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  06:49:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When it first started, I thought it seemed really corny. Later, with the UFO stories, Iw atched it sometimes, but I never really followed it.

Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey
= Official forum monkey =

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  06:56:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The early ones were less believable, but I think it worked better as fantasy, rather than plausible conspiracy theorising.

I'd walk her everyday, into a shady place
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  06:57:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like to watch the whole thing, the DVD boxsets crop up in sales from time to time.

Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  07:02:14  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Toombs was the squeezy funny looking guy, right? All I really remember, that and David Duchovny is a pervert.

forum ebook: end of miles
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  07:11:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not so familiar with the last few series, with Robert Patrick. He's a good actor, though, really intense. Just watched him in Copland recently.

Go to Top of Page

s_wrenn
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1851 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  11:44:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They got in Robert Patrick and made reoccurring character Monica Rhyes a main player to make up for duchovny's absence.
Dispite the crappy last two seasons (Season 8 slightly better than 9 considering Mulder gets abducted and Scully tries to find him, season 9 was just utter shite) they could have been forgiven if they got the finale right. But they ened the show like they were expecting a tenth season. It was overly sentimental and too open ended.

http://myspace.com/seanwrenn
Go to Top of Page

Malax
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1340 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2006 :  18:57:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am currently aquring and watching every season in order I'm up to the back end of season 4 and its ace and suprisingly its not dated to much. Stopped watching it when Mulder left as it was getting awful anyway.

I May've Joined The Cult Of Frank If I Knew What The Balls Was Going On.

*Adapted By Carolynanna*
Go to Top of Page

Erebus
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1834 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2006 :  19:35:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice try with Robert Patrick but without Duchovny it just wasn't gonna happen. Duchovny, great name that. "Sorry - not this Frank Black", another fun show that succumbed to recurrent plot. I'm glad to see the mods have retained that graphic at the fb.net hompage. I bet that makes Frank chuckle when he thinks of it.

perfection could use an upgrade
Go to Top of Page

Z_Zoquis
- FB Fan -

145 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  15:22:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The first few seasons had some of the creepiest stuff I've ever seen on TV (The wonderfully messed up Pigeon family comes instantly to mind). But after about the third season the show started to really burn out. Much like Twin Peaks, it's tough to maintain interest in a show where there can really never be an answer to the show's "ultimate mystery". I too preferred the episodes that weren't devoted to the whole alien conspiracy narrative...
Go to Top of Page

darwin
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  15:27:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I've got sucked into Lost I can't help but think, "Hope this goes somewhere and makes some sense in the end, unlike X Files." It was for awhile, but ultimately made no sense.
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  19:33:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Z_Zoquis

Much like Twin Peaks, it's tough to maintain interest in a show where there can really never be an answer to the show's "ultimate mystery".

X-Files seems a bit influenced by that in a way, actually. And Silence Of The Lambs.

Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  19:37:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carl

I'm not so familiar with the last few series, with Robert Patrick. He's a good actor, though, really intense. Just watched him in Copland recently.

he lives down the street from me

"I don't have any money to buy new clothes and if they paid me to get some I'd probably buy more hoodies." - Mark Wainfur
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  19:50:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really?! Have you ever seen him do this?:

Go to Top of Page

soundofataris
= Cult of Ray =

USA
715 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2006 :  14:10:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I remember correctly, this show ended with Mulder and Scully on the run, having found out the date of the alien invasion. If the 'Super soldiers', i.e. alien replicants, are still in control of the government, how could they possibly get rehired, let alone reassigned, to the x-files? Mr. Carter, you will have to be pretty clever to get me back on board. What? Skinner stood up for them? Good enough for me. I'll be there opening night.

---------------------------------------
i try to be mallory but i'm still skippy
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2006 :  16:09:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like you're handling scripting duties, soa! ;)

*bumpy*

Looks like there may be an sequel after all:

http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2162&Itemid=99

Edited by - Carl on 03/28/2007 00:48:55
Go to Top of Page

Skatealex1
* Dog in the Sand *

1645 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  09:25:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) IM SO HAPPY

The Truth Is Out There
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  11:22:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.empireonline.com/news/feed.asp?NID=20576

02 April 2007

Exclusive: Scully Talks X-Files Sequel
Gillian Anderson reveals all

It’s been talked about for nearly ten years, but now, thanks to an out-of-court settlement, it might actually happen. David Duchovny, aka Agent Fox Mulder from the smash ‘90s sci-fi show The X-Files, recently spilled that show creator Chris Carter is finally in talks with 20th Century Fox about a second X-Files movie, having settled with them in a lawsuit over syndication profits. So when Empire got the chance to sit down with Gillian Anderson, aka Agent Dana Scully, to discuss her new film, Straightheads, we couldn’t resist bringing up her mooted return to the shadowy basement beneath FBI headquarters.

“They’re starting to talk about doing a feature again,” she confirms. “Every year or two they talk about it again, but it seems like it might be for real this time. Somehow it seems like somebody’s really serious about it. I know that Chris’ lawsuit with Fox is over, so maybe now it can be done.”

There’s no getting plot details out of her (“I keep in email contact with Chris but he won’t talk about it. At all”), but Anderson was able to say that it’s unlikely we’ll see the return of the little grey aliens at the heart of the series’ long-running conspiracy thread. “All Chris says is that he wants to make a really scary horror, like a stand-alone episode. I don’t think they’re interested in touching on any of the conspiracy stuff.”

The show disappointed many of its followers by petering out without wrapping up the story to their satisfaction. But Anderson says that the movie sequel’s function isn’t to appease the hardcore fans. “I actually don’t have enough of a perspective to say whether questions were answered or whether it was wrapped up enough in the end, and honestly there’s part of me that doesn’t care. I can be sympathetic to die-hard fans who might feel left in short shrift, but that’s where my sympathies lie!”

For the latest news on The X-Files’ bid to mutate into a big-screen franchise, trust no-one — except Empire.
Go to Top of Page

MissMaceo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  13:59:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love X files but I honestly could do without a sequel.

Go to Top of Page

Arm Arm Arm
* Dog in the Sand *

1035 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  16:17:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The X-Files imploded in an unspectacular display of sloppy storytelling and stands as an example to all future creative teams on how NOT to run a show. The Conspiracy, 1/2 of the moody atmospheric heart of the show (the other half being the relationship between Mulder and Scully) became clogged with too many random and unrelated elements that never cohered.

I was never expecting a resolution void of any ambiguity but Carter and team should've at least brought the Conspiracy storyline to a close. The motion picture was a blown opportunity. They should've built to feature in the series and used the larger canvas to wrap up the Alien Invasion story.

But hey! The music was always good.

Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2007 :  17:30:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MovieWeb.

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: David Duchovny Says The X-Files 2 Shoots in December!

Source: Evan "Mushy" Jacobs

Tuesday, September 25th, 2007

During a recent interview with David Duchovny for the recent DVD
release of The TV Set, we asked him to tell us what he could
about The X-Files 2.

Looking at at your work on The X-Files, it ran for a very long
time, are there still things that you would like to see Mulder
do? Is that maybe why you're interested in doing another X-
Files
movie?

David Duchovny:
Well, I had always kind of wanted to segue the
television show into a movie franchise. I never really wanted the
show to die or to quit it. I got tired of the grind of making a
network television show but I never tired of the character or the
possibilities of the show. I would love it if we were able to expand
it into a movie franchise because I love playing the character and
I love the show.

Can you talk at all about The X-Files 2? Maybe where that's at
or what people might expect from that?

David Duchovny:
It's at... the script is written and as far as I
know we're all trying to shoot in December at some point. We
would all love it if we could keep it a secret and just give
everybody a fresh experience of not knowing what the movie's about. I know if I was a fan of the
show I would kind of be excited to be surprised.

Go to Top of Page

Jefrey
= Cult of Ray =

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2007 :  01:00:08  Show Profile  Visit Jefrey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I watched the first movie a couple weeks ago - it was on HBO or something, so I tivo'd it.

It was way worse than I remembered it being. I also tries watching some episodes of the show and thinkit;s aged terribly.

The X-Files is best remembered as the lesson that the Lost creators learned. They have already said they have an ending the the show, so they know exactly where it's going. The X-Files lost everyone, and the movie doesn't stand the test of time either.

As a fan of the show back in the day, I'm completely uninterested. They're gonna have to come up with one hell of a thing to get any butts in the theaters for this one.

Qu'ils aillent se faire foutre <-- yeah, what he said.
Go to Top of Page

s_wrenn
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1851 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2007 :  01:20:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They need to fix the shows ending with the movie IMO, before they make it into a whole film franchise.
OR
They could do a film showing where Moulder was during the abduction in season 8, and him being in hiding in season 9

Also Jefery, you posted at 01:00:08 Very Lost-esque of you

/ " @ * ~ ¦ ¬ . , |
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2007 :  08:25:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by s_wrenn

Moulder

Haha!!

Anyone for knob Marmite?
Go to Top of Page

s_wrenn
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1851 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2007 :  13:36:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whoops! Maybe i was thinking too much about that mouldy finalé...eh?....eh?.......ah, fuck

+ / " @ * ~ ¦ ¬ . , |
Go to Top of Page

Malax
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1340 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2007 :  14:49:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Random x-file about monsters and suchlike. Yes please

I May've Joined The Cult Of Frank If I Knew What The Balls Was Going On.

*Adapted By Carolynanna*
Go to Top of Page

shineoftheever
> Teenager of the Year <

Canada
4307 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2007 :  15:02:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
{Favourite X-Files episode? I always liked the one that had Jack Black in it. You know the one with the guy who gets struck with lightening}http://myspace.com/seanwrenn

i liked that one too! missus kaveet! it was jack black and giovanni ribisi.

also liked the ones with toombs in it. he would hibernate for 40 years or so then come up and get a social service job for a few months and eat some human livers before making a cocoon out of newspaper and disappearing for forty years, come to think of it i'm glad mulder solved that one!

The waxworks were an immensely eloquent dissertation on the wonderful ordinariness of mankind.
Go to Top of Page

s_wrenn
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1851 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2007 :  18:08:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Remember the one where you couldn't stand in the guys shadow, or you'd melt?

+ / " @ * ~ ¦ ¬ . , |
Go to Top of Page

Jefrey
= Cult of Ray =

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2007 :  00:14:29  Show Profile  Visit Jefrey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shineoftheever

quote:
{Favourite X-Files episode? I always liked the one that had Jack Black in it. You know the one with the guy who gets struck with lightening}http://myspace.com/seanwrenn

i liked that one too! missus kaveet! it was jack black and giovanni ribisi.

also liked the ones with toombs in it. he would hibernate for 40 years or so then come up and get a social service job for a few months and eat some human livers before making a cocoon out of newspaper and disappearing for forty years, come to think of it i'm glad mulder solved that one!

The waxworks were an immensely eloquent dissertation on the wonderful ordinariness of mankind.

I always liked the ones by the funny writer. Darrin Morgan - I think he was one of the producer's brother or something. He did 3 or 4 episodes one season and they were all great. Offbeat, but still X-Files. They had one where Mulder screams like a little girl and had one of the grey aliens hanging out in a cage smoking a cigarette. Those were my favorite ones.

Jose Chung's From Outer Space and War Of the Coprophages were a couple of them.

Go to Top of Page

Jefrey
= Cult of Ray =

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2007 :  00:16:46  Show Profile  Visit Jefrey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey wow - I never watched Millenium ,but according to IMDB, Darrin Morgin penned an episode called "Jose Chung's 'Doomsday Defense'" for that show. Anyone see that?

Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  11:56:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ComingSoon.net.

The X-Files 2 Starts Shooting December 10
Source: Diva
October 29, 2007

After years of David Duchovny talking about the sequel, and almost 10 years after the first feature, 20th Century is finally ready to start production on The X-Files 2 with the actor in place to reprise his role of Special Agent Fox Mulder. Gillian Anderson is also expected to be back on board to play Special Agent Dana Scully.

Shooting is scheduled to begin on December 10 in Vancouver under the direction of series creator Chris Carter. Carter and Frank Spotnitz wrote the script.

The studio is referring to the film in casting breakdowns as "Done One."

The popular series ran on Fox from 1993 to 2002. Rob Bowman directed the first feature, which hit theaters on June 19, 1998.
Go to Top of Page

Skatealex1
* Dog in the Sand *

1645 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2007 :  14:38:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://movies.ign.com/articles/831/831319p1.html looks true!!!!!!!!!!!

The Truth Is Out There
Go to Top of Page

s_wrenn
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1851 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2007 :  15:05:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NEXT SUMMER!!!

+ / " @ * ~ ¦ ¬ . , |
Go to Top of Page

soundofataris
= Cult of Ray =