New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zippermouth29
- FB Fan -

Canada
40 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  17:42:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you guys seen these videos? There pretty funny.

Brett

http://www.4ad.com/frankblack/video/

s_wrenn
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1851 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  17:55:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
goodstuff. Is there any more videos for his later stuff?

"I'm Rick James, Bitch"
Go to Top of Page

jimmy
= Cult of Ray =

USA
876 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  18:14:04  Show Profile  Visit jimmy's Homepage  Reply with Quote

i still can't get over how cool the video for "headache" is. love the chainsaw and the aspirin.

if i didn't know who he was, or already like him, and i saw that video- that's all it would take.

i forget where i heard it, but i remember him saying that the director used to direct the re-enactments for "unsolved mysteries".

4ad.com has some of his old videos, headache and hang on, at least, maybe l.a., too.

read somewhere there's a video for "robert onion", the video for "men in black" is neat.

"Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you." JOHN 15:14
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  19:22:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i worked with a guy who claimed that his friend worked on the video, and desined the giant aspirin. now that's pretty cool huh? knowing someone who might have known the guy who designed the aspirin in the Headache video.

"I don't have any money to buy new clothes and if they paid me to get some I'd probably buy more hoodies." - Mark Wainfur
Go to Top of Page

kathryn
~ Selkie Bride ~

Belgium
15320 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  19:26:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
indeed it is cool. even cooler than my having worked with a guy who knew the guy who wrote the ny post headline "headless body found in topless bar." way cool, floop!

I’m the only one who can say that this light is mine
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  19:36:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my friend Joe used to work out at the same gym with the nephew of the guy who's head the found at the bar

"I don't have any money to buy new clothes and if they paid me to get some I'd probably buy more hoodies." - Mark Wainfur
Go to Top of Page

Apesy
= Cult of Ray =

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  19:42:59  Show Profile  Visit Apesy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My favorite part of that video is how it appears the aspirin didn't split apart quite as planned. Frank looks like he's about to start laughing when it kind of weakly separates.

-=Apesy
Go to Top of Page

s_wrenn
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1851 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  04:46:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If anyone comes cross the robert onion video online, could they post the web address

"I'm Rick James, Bitch"
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  07:51:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by floop

i worked with a guy who claimed that his friend worked on the video, and desined the giant aspirin. now that's pretty cool huh?

That's too cool.

Aside from the aforementioned, there is, of course, a vid for Los Angeles, and also one for I Don't Want To Hurt You (Every Single
Time).

Go to Top of Page

pixiestu
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2564 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  09:23:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
These have both been posted in the Frank Links thread by fbc I think. I like the 'Headache' video best because it's awful, but in a good way.

"The arc of triumph"
Go to Top of Page

IceCream
= Quote Accumulator =

USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  18:48:58  Show Profile  Visit IceCream's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy

i still can't get over how cool the video for "headache" is. love the chainsaw and the aspirin.

if i didn't know who he was, or already like him, and i saw that video- that's all it would take.

i forget where i heard it, but i remember him saying that the director used to direct the re-enactments for "unsolved mysteries".

4ad.com has some of his old videos, headache and hang on, at least, maybe l.a., too.

read somewhere there's a video for "robert onion", the video for "men in black" is neat.

"Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you." JOHN 15:14

Supposedly, there's a black and white video for "I Don't Want To Hurt You". It's not very popular, though.
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2006 :  02:02:21  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i remember my first ever frank experience was seeing the video for headache back when teenager was released. while at that time i had no idea who frank was, and didn't for about 2 more years, the memory of seeing that video has stuck with me forever.
i thought "fuck, thats a damn cool video" and went back to listening to something else.

all i can say, thank god for polio! brian
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2006 :  03:26:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by IceCream

Supposedly, there's a black and white video for "I Don't Want To Hurt You". It's not very popular, though.

Yeah, I only ever saw a tiny bit of it on MTV, which they showed during a Frank interview.

Go to Top of Page

Doog
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1220 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2006 :  06:15:38  Show Profile  Visit Doog's Homepage  Click to see Doog's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Just stumbled across this, sorry if it's common knowledge.

http://home.germany.net/100-132380/video.htm

------------------
Nimrod's Son: tribute to t'Pixies - Live @ The Venue, New Cross, London - Fri 2nd June
www.myspace.com/doog = solo choons
www.myspace.com/casabonitaband = noisey stuff
www.myspace.com/weevilknievel = surfrockpop geekery
www.myspace.com/ukpixiestribute = Nimrod's Son
Go to Top of Page

FrequencyOfGlow
- FB Fan -

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2006 :  11:30:08  Show Profile  Visit FrequencyOfGlow's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can't get this to work on my Mac. I click on it and it just launches this GoLive program and nothing happens. Help, please! I've never seen Hang On To Your Ego before.

I think the winter is going to be a real whirligig
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2006 :  12:11:21  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you have RealPlayer? If not, go get it.

Click on the 'play: video high' link and it downloads as a .ram file. Click on .ram file and it automatically opens 'Hang On To Your Ego' in RealPlayer.
Go to Top of Page

VoVat
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2006 :  13:47:37  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The "Headache" video is awesome. It kind of reminds me of TMBG's "Ana Ng" video, which was directed by the same guy.

"If you doze much longer, then life turns to dreaming. If you doze much longer, then dreams turn to nightmares."
Go to Top of Page

ScottP
= Cult of Ray =

USA
618 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2006 :  19:49:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great stuff! Thanks, Brett!

Frank and Frank dancing and singin' backups together kicks ass.
Go to Top of Page

Holy Fingers
- FB Fan -

USA
149 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2006 :  07:20:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great videos. I have never seen either of these before. I love the close-ups of Frank's "sausage" fingers rubbing his very fleshy temples. Thanks for putting up these links, Brett.

"The only difference between lilies and turds is whatever difference humans have agreed upon; and I don't always agree." - George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

hammerhands
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1592 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2016 :  12:41:15  Show Profile  Visit hammerhands's Homepage  Reply with Quote
https://youtu.be/dzA29tCwyR4
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000