General Frank Black Chat
 A Catholic in Puerto Rico!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2006 :  11:04:47  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello amigos!!! Yes tonight I'm going to the Sting concert to see the great Lyle Workman perform with the Englishman.I'm sure this will be a great night to enjoy Lyle's amazing guitar techniques and hopefully hear some of those amazing guitar tones he got with The Catholics.This spring, Sting will bring his Broken Music Tour to the Caribbean. The Broken Music Tour consists of Sting on bass in a four-piece band with longtime band mate, Dominic Miller on guitar, in addition to Lyle Workman (Beck, Frank Black) also on guitar and Josh Freese on drums. Fans can visit www.sting.com for up-to-date tour, ticket and Fan Club membership information.

Broken Music is presented by The Next Adventure, a Live Nation Company and produced by RZO Entertainment, Inc.

02/04/2006 Imperial Festival, Autodromo La Guacima, San Jose, Costa Rica
23/04/2006 Jazz Festival, Plymouth, Tobago
26/04/2006 Altos De Chavon, La Romana, Dominican Republic
27/04/2006 Coliseo de Puerto Rico, San Juan, Puerto Rico
29/04/2006 'Tiger Jam' Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas, USA (Support Anna Nalick)

PUERTO RICO PIXIE

Cheeseman1000
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Iceland
8201 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2006 :  11:39:56  Show Profile  Visit Cheeseman1000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's a great line-up (bar Sting, maybe...); Dominic Miller is excellent, and Josh Freese is a dude also. Anyone want to buy me a ticket to Tobago?

I have joined the Cult Of Frank/And I have dearly paid
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2006 :  16:14:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheeseman1000

That's a great line-up (bar Sting, maybe...)

Enjoy the show, pp.

Go to Top of Page

Johnny Yen
= Cult of Ray =

USA
408 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2006 :  18:38:31  Show Profile  Visit Johnny Yen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
AHh, lyle. He's such an effin' good rock guitarist. He really tore ass playin' w/ Frank. He can really play the hell outta whatever genre he's inhabiting. Hope it's an awesome show! Throw some underpants on stage at Lyle for me!
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2006 :  07:12:16  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
WOW!!!!Lyle exceeded all expectations and played an amazing show.His solo near the end was powerful and louder than the whole show.Lyle played all over the stage,very animated and did all the moves he does just like if Frank Black was at his side.His killer guitar tone elevated all the Police classics and Sting's solo material,the other guitarist played most of the solos at first while Lyle seemed very happy to do rhythm and rock out!!!Que Vivan Los Catolicos!!!!

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2006 :  11:45:00  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lyle played a Telecaster(that's a true Catholic!!!) all night.I suppose it was one of his Hamer sponsored guitars.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

ScottP
= Cult of Ray =

USA
618 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2006 :  18:37:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An opinion:

The Police were great while Sting's solo garbage is painfully boring. Lord, have mercy on his poor wife who has to endure his legendary 6 hour daily love making sessions.

His new music sounds as if he has switched to making love to himself for 6 hours a day.

Lyle is so fluid. Too bad his heart isn't in the right place. Again, my opinion.
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2006 :  19:20:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sting is too white cod-reggae. Ba-doo-ba-doo-ba-doo.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000