Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 122

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  18:34:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Songs with lyrics that use musical terms (if that makes a goddam bit of sense)

1. Bullet -- FB & the C ("And if you don't like my melody / I'll sing it in a major key," etc.)
2. Only A Northern Song - The Beatles ("If you're listening to this song, and it seems the chords are going wrong/Well they're not/He just wrote them like that")
3. Hallelujah - Leonard Cohen ("Now I've heard there was a secret chord/That David played, and it pleased the Lord/But you don't really care for music, do you?/It goes like this/The fourth, the/fifth/The minor fall, the major lift/The baffled king composing Hallelujah")

Go to Top of Page

HeywoodJablome
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1484 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  20:00:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

1. Bullet -- FB & the C ("And if you don't like my melody / I'll sing it in a major key," etc.)
2. Only A Northern Song - The Beatles ("If you're listening to this song, and it seems the chords are going wrong/Well they're not/He just wrote them like that")
3. Hallelujah - Leonard Cohen ("Now I've heard there was a secret chord/That David played, and it pleased the Lord/But you don't really care for music, do you?/It goes like this/The fourth, the/fifth/The minor fall, the major lift/The baffled king composing Hallelujah")
4. Talk Dirty to Me - Poison ("C.C. pick up that guitar and uh, TALK TO ME!")

_______________________________________________________________________________________
"My name is Doug and I'm outta hhhhheeeere."
Go to Top of Page

mr.biscuitdoughhead
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1729 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  20:50:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carolynanna

quote:
Originally posted by mr.biscuitdoughhead

quote:
Originally posted by HeywoodJablome

10. Fuck the Police - NWA

Isn't that by Public Enemy?

"Is someone gonna come kick the ball, like in Charlie Brown?"
-Nicole

Nope, NWA for sure.

Hmm...I must be thinking of a different song.
Was there a Public Enemy song with "Police" in the title?
No really, don't answer that.

"Is someone gonna come kick the ball, like in Charlie Brown?"
-Nicole
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  20:52:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That wiki page about the song mentions that Public Enemy covered it. So you were right, actually. But it's really NWA's song.

When do I get my first bee, damnit?
Go to Top of Page

HeywoodJablome
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1484 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2006 :  07:05:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually I think Morrissey originally did Fuck THA Police.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2006 :  10:35:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe Ice Cube does version, I mean aside from NWA!

Go to Top of Page

darwin
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2006 :  10:54:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
5. Jesus was right -- FB ("I like distortion when I bar chord")
Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2006 :  11:03:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
6. Getting in Tune - The Who ("I'm singing this note 'cause it fits in well with the chords I'm playing...")

"Tomorrow you're homeless / Tonight it's a blast"
Go to Top of Page

hammerhands
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1592 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2006 :  12:37:05  Show Profile  Visit hammerhands's Homepage  Reply with Quote
6. Getting in Tune - The Who ("I'm singing this note 'cause it fits in well with the chords I'm playing...")
7. Better Things - Kinks ("Here's hoping all your verses rhyme, and the very best of choruses too")
Go to Top of Page

NimrodsSon
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1938 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  07:50:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
7. Better Things - Kinks ("Here's hoping all your verses rhyme, and the very best of choruses too")
8. "Round Again" - The Association ("...6/8 time...")

ˇViva los Católicos! http://www.myspace.com/shadoplay
Go to Top of Page

jediroller
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1718 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  08:53:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
9. The Lyre of Orpheus - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds ("Orpheus strummed till his fingers bled / He hit a G minor 7")

free music | Blackolero | Frank Black & Pixies Tributes
Go to Top of Page

Carolynanna

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  10:09:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
9. The Lyre of Orpheus - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds ("Orpheus strummed till his fingers bled / He hit a G minor 7")
10. Shot in the Arm - Wilco (We fell in love in the key of C...)

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  10:18:40  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
11. Tribute - Tenacious D ("So we played the first thing that came to our heads, which just so happened to be the best song in the world")

-Brian - http://bvsrant.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  11:18:30  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
11. Tribute - Tenacious D ("So we played the first thing that came to our heads, which just so happened to be the best song in the world")
12. Fields of Marigold - FB ("Hey how about a drum roll")

Denis

Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  13:06:19  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
12. Fields of Marigold - FB ("Hey how about a drum roll")
13. Fiddle Riddle - FB ("Don't know if its right, but i like the bass/So turn up the bass")

- - - - -

New Topic:

Songs You Would Purge From the Universe:

1) Takin' Care of Business - Bachman Turner Overdrive

Go to Top of Page

kathryn
~ Selkie Bride ~

Belgium
15320 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  13:34:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

2) Life is a highway - Tom Cochran

I’m the only one who can say that this light is mine
Go to Top of Page

HeywoodJablome
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1484 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  13:58:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

3) Fly - Sugar Ray

Go to Top of Page

darwin

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  14:22:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

3) Fly - Sugar Ray
4. Hotel California - The Eagles
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  18:32:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

3) Fly - Sugar Ray
5. All 'Bout The Money -Meja

Go to Top of Page

Cheeseman1000

Iceland
8201 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  02:41:32  Show Profile  Visit Cheeseman1000's Homepage  Reply with Quote

3) Fly - Sugar Ray
6. Bohemian Rhapsody - G4

Numberwang?
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  02:44:15  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote

3) Fly - Sugar Ray
7. Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

Denis

Go to Top of Page

cassandra is
> Teenager of the Year <

France
4233 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  02:46:10  Show Profile  Visit cassandra is's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vilainde

Denis

you'll burn in hell for that!

pas de bras pas de chocolat
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  02:59:26  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"David, kill the Queen!"

Denis

Go to Top of Page

Cheeseman1000

Iceland
8201 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  04:11:06  Show Profile  Visit Cheeseman1000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"It's on random!"

Numberwang?
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  04:33:56  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"- Why is Queen still playing?
- Ah, we have a situation here.
- I KNOW!"

Denis

Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  08:25:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

3) Fly - Sugar Ray
8. Margaritaville - Jimmy Buffett (I choose this because darwin already took my first choice)

"Tomorrow you're homeless / Tonight it's a blast"
Go to Top of Page

HeywoodJablome
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1484 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  08:41:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
3) Fly - Sugar Ray
8. Margaritaville - Jimmy Buffett (I choose this because darwin already took my first choice)
9. Violet - Frank Black

Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  08:56:05  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
3) Fly - Sugar Ray
9. Violet - Frank Black
10. Take it Easy - the Eagles

Go to Top of Page

darwin

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  10:05:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
3) Fly - Sugar Ray
9. Violet - Frank Black
10. Take it Easy - the Eagles.
11. Red red wine - UB40 (any UB40 song would do, but I actually like this song when Neil Diamond sings it)

Edited by - darwin on 10/23/2006 10:09:48
Go to Top of Page

Carolynanna

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  10:11:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I watched some blip on the news that said the #1 voted worst song is We Built this City by Starship. Meh, I've heard worse.

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  10:55:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

3) Fly - Sugar Ray
9. Violet - Frank Black

That takes balls on this board. But I can't help but want to second it. Nothing against the woman, but the song is just too much.

Go to Top of Page

Cheeseman1000

Iceland
8201 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  12:05:22  Show Profile  Visit Cheeseman1000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Shut up kids, We Built This City and Red Red Wine are genre classics. Although, darwin, check out the Tony Tribe version (which UB40 covered) if you want to hear the really good reggae version.

Numberwang?
Go to Top of Page

darwin

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  12:13:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Which genre would that be?
Go to Top of Page

HeywoodJablome
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1484 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  12:48:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coastline

quote:

9. Violet - Frank Black

That takes balls on this board. But I can't help but want to second it. Nothing against the woman, but the song is just too much.

Yeah, I'm not trying to be "punk rock" or anything. It's just when I think of songs I can't bear to listen to, that one seems to pop into my head pretty quickly. Sorry Frank.

And even though it may be the only good UB40 song EVER, Red Red Wine is definitely a classic, this has been proven!

Edited by - HeywoodJablome on 10/23/2006 12:54:19
Go to Top of Page

darwin

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  12:57:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Quit teasing around, Red red wine by UB40 has no redeeming value. You can feel your soul leaking out of your body when that song is on.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 122 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000