Frank Black Singles, EPs, ...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  09:00:03  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've been going through the Song DB a bit lately, it runs parallel to some other work we're doing, and touching up/including stuff for Tre while she's busy. One thing I noticed is the singles section is woefully shy on graphics. I'm not much of an EP collector so I'm having trouble matching images and eps in the case where there are multiple releases (i.e. Europe, North America, promo, etc).

I've found a healthy collection to start with that I can't match, so if anyone fancies themselves an EP collector/expert/lover, or just happens to look at these images and know where one is from, please let me know. Here's a link to a bunch of them:

http://images.google.ca/images?q=site:quimby.gnus.org+frank+black&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&safe=vss&start=0&sa=N

Thanks for your help. Can always use some of that around here.

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  09:25:38  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sorry to just dump this link on you without weeding out the info myself, but it's a little goldmine:

http://quimby.gnus.org/html/group/blackfrank.html

some of the tracklists are missing for some EPs, but I have a few and will fill in the blanks when I can (if they haven't already been done)
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  09:27:08  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote

This one is the first (French) edition of the FB Black Session. I bought it the day it was released :)

-----
"I want to change the world but it's changing me!"
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  09:29:51  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks FBC. I was on to that site but didn't find the link to FB, that is very handy. Also thanks Yann. I've got that one in there.

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  09:34:48  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That was the good old time - every French release then included a bonus disc...

-----
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  09:51:27  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Apparently these 2 are French ("Diffusion exclusive Virgin France"). The 2nd is a numbered limited edition.

-----
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  08:18:13  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK, got them too (thanks again). Does anyone out there have the I Burn Today single?

Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  09:04:40  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
just a promo, if that helps.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  09:55:45  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you have the cover imaged somewhere? Actually, I'm not sure that that promo is in the db at all so any info on that would definitely help thanks.

Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  13:14:54  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i do indeed. it's a bit blurry, but...

Cooking Vinyl (FRYCD240 - CDR)

1. I Burn Today
2. Sunday Sunny Mill Valley Groove Day
3. Sing For Joy

cover painting by Julian Clark

...is all it says.

edit: tell a lie. there's a little sticker that reads:

quote:
Frank Black Makes Magic in the Studio with Lengendary Musicians.
'Honeycomb' is Frank's first solo album since 1996's "The Cult of Ray". It was recorded at Dan Penn's Better Songs and Gardens studio in Nashville, TN over a four-day period in April, 2004, a few days before the Pixies kicked off their very first reunion tour date. It features some of the most celebrated players in music: Steve Cropper, Buddy Miller and Reggie Young on guitars, drummers Chester Thompson, Anton Fig, Billy Block and Akil Thompson, David Hood on bass, and Spooner Oldham on keyboards, among others. This is the first time that many of these veteran musicians, whose collective histories are entrenched at Stax Records, Muscle Shoals and American Studios - the three studios synonymous with Southern soul music - had plaed together. "Honeycomb" was produced by Jon Tiven (Wilson Pickett, B.B. King, Robert Plant). "It was wonderful to have these incredible musicians poking fun at my non-Nashvillechord progressions," said Black. "And then give me a wink after a take to let me know that they approved and enjoyed it. I was so lucky to have them playing on this album." Opening single 'I Burn Today' will be performed solo by Frank on BBC's Later With Jools Holland Friday 27th May

Edited by - fbc on 02/18/2006 13:51:15
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  13:36:50  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote

From asterid.com ;)

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  14:42:45  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, FBC, song db updating continues...

And, yeah I had the art sans text already Yann man, but now I have the final artwork. :P

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  14:54:09  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Any idea if the US version (non-Cooking Vinyl) has the same art?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000