New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2006 :  17:53:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
anyone check out that aussie/canadian freestyle skier yesterday? he's 21, supposedly a self made multimillionaire and won the gold medal. pretty interesting.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000081&sid=ax2I0XLbO2BA&refer=australia

and aboot fuckin time, eh! canada finally had a descent day on the podium.

"I joined the Cult of Frank/ cause I'm a real go-getter!"

Monsieur
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1688 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  00:42:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go France!

I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Go to Top of Page

Scarla O
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
947 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  01:18:02  Show Profile  Visit Scarla O's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Skeleton driver rulez.

----------------------
Scarla O'
Thursday 16th March 2006
The Pleasure Unit
Bethnal Green Road
On stage: 10pm
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  01:22:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
DUDE the pleasure unit. my sister used to work there.

Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey
= Official forum monkey =

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  05:22:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go Jamaica!

I'd walk her everyday, into a shady place
Go to Top of Page

Scarla O
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
947 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  05:41:02  Show Profile  Visit Scarla O's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PixieSteve

DUDE the pleasure unit. my sister used to work there.

Very good!

I really like the place - have you been there?

----------------------
Scarla O'
Thursday 16th March 2006
The Pleasure Unit
Bethnal Green Road
Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  06:35:46  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
But did anyone see that chinese skater woman who took the nasty tumble? that was nasty.
Go to Top of Page

Llamadance
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2543 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  06:42:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought she was amazing. To get back up and skate for a silver was fantastic.

Come on Rhona Martin!!

That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  08:40:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been watching loads of these Olympics and the main thing I want to say is...SNOWBOARDING SHOULD NOT BE AN OLYMPIC SPORT.
Go to Top of Page

Superabounder
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  16:42:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BLT, if you feel that way about snow-boarding, then you must LOVE what the US snowboarder did today as she was about to cruise in for the gold. I bet she wishes she could have a do-over. For anyone who missed it, she was way in front and just about to the end, and she did a celebration jump and grabbed her board to look cool, and wiped out right before the end. The swiss racer way behind her caught her and beat her across the line for the gold medal. She still got the silver. Reminds me when the Dallas Cowboy Leon Lett hot-dogged it as he ran back a long fumble for a touchdown. Only problem was, he celebrated too soon and Don Bebe came up behind him and knocked the football out of his hands before he crossed the goal line. Doh!

I tend to think of human beings as huge rubbery test tubes, too, with chemical reactions seething inside
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  16:57:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Scarla O

Skeleton driver rulez.

----------------------
Scarla O'
Thursday 16th March 2006
The Pleasure Unit
Bethnal Green Road

yeah, to see a band. and also i might have see one of pete doherty's impromptu-type gigs there, but i may be confusing that with another place.

anyway, winter olympics... not watched any tv in ages, this has completely passed me by...

Go to Top of Page

misleadtheworld
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  17:23:08  Show Profile  Visit misleadtheworld's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I quite enjoyed watching the Luge the other day, and the one where the skiers have to jump really far with ridiculously long skis. That one was today.

?
Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  23:20:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Superabounder

BLT, if you feel that way about snow-boarding, then you must LOVE what the US snowboarder did today as she was about to cruise in for the gold. I bet she wishes she could have a do-over. For anyone who missed it, she was way in front and just about to the end, and she did a celebration jump and grabbed her board to look cool, and wiped out right before the end. The swiss racer way behind her caught her and beat her across the line for the gold medal. She still got the silver. Reminds me when the Dallas Cowboy Leon Lett hot-dogged it as he ran back a long fumble for a touchdown. Only problem was, he celebrated too soon and Don Bebe came up behind him and knocked the football out of his hands before he crossed the goal line. Doh!

I tend to think of human beings as huge rubbery test tubes, too, with chemical reactions seething inside

ya that was kind of funny in a sick kind of fucked up way. poor girl.

Go to Top of Page

Cheeseman1000
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Iceland
8201 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  03:18:18  Show Profile  Visit Cheeseman1000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A chap on the telly made a point the other day that I'm surprised I'd never thought of before.
Why oh why is there no Olympic Snowball Fight?

I have joined the Cult Of Frank/And I have dearly paid
Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  07:09:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Superabounder

BLT, if you feel that way about snow-boarding, then you must LOVE what the US snowboarder did today as she was about to cruise in for the gold.

It was hilarious! At first she denied she was hotdogging, but in her evening interview with Bob Costas she said it was "possible" but also said that if she had it to do over again, she'd do the same thing and she is happy with silver. IMO she'd look a lot less stupid if she just came clean and admitted she made a mistake and was disappointed. Her body language in the interview already said that but I guess she's still trying to convince herself otherwise.

Also...the main difference between her and Leon Lett is that Leon still won the game.

Edited by - BLT on 02/18/2006 07:12:04
Go to Top of Page

HeywoodJablome
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1484 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  07:49:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I watched the Women's skeleton luge thing the other night, takes some real nerve to do that shit.
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  08:53:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BLT

I've been watching loads of these Olympics and the main thing I want to say is...SNOWBOARDING SHOULD NOT BE AN OLYMPIC SPORT.

if curling is an olympic sport than snowboarding should get to be an olympic sport
Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  09:14:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by floop

quote:
Originally posted by BLT

if curling is an olympic sport than snowboarding should get to be an olympic sport

Curling is the Olympic test pattern. The vivid primary colors and lack of motion attest its role as a late-night television time sink.
Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  05:06:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the candian men's team is going to the final!! hurry hard...hard...hard...hurry hard... fuck i get excited watching curling!!

big day yesterday. canadian men get upset in ice hockey. very disappointing of course but i was very impressed hearing wayne in the post game interviews afterwards. wayne is a total class act.

then local winnipeger cindy klassen wins gold in speedskating. her 4th of the olympics- a canadian record! that was super cool. i heard an interview with her former high school principal on the local radio yesterday. he said all the students were gathered in the gym cheering her on. then after she won, all the students broke out into an impromtu of oh canada! i think a few tears may have been shed...

and then how about the cross country skiing story - project maple syrup!

"Project Maple Syrup is the brainchild of a Montreal man who wants to thank Norwegians for helping Renner and Becky Scott recently win a silver medal in the women's team sprint event.

After Renner's ski pole broke in mid-race last week, Norwegian ski coach Bjoernar Haakensmoen jumped in, handed her a new one and then saw her slide past the finish line as his own team ended up in fourth spot."

here's the link. true story!
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060221/norway_syrup_050221/20060221?s_name=torino2006&no_ads=

Edited by - fumanbru on 02/23/2006 05:07:38
Go to Top of Page

Carolynanna
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  07:53:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahahahahahaha, cool!

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  07:57:55  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Those are Saskatoon curling rocks on the ice, too Fu. Which has led to me somehow enjoying watching bits of curling.

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  08:23:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've really enjoyed the biathlon events this year. The men's 12.5k pursuit was one of the greatest races I've ever seen in any sport. And it was nice to see the American men finish a respectable 9th in the relay the other day (no sarcasm intended).

Tough time for Norwegians in all sports. I can't believe how badly they're doing.
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  18:04:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
man they make it look so easy. but i know if i tried any one of those for 2 minutes I would fall flat on my you know what!!
Go to Top of Page

danjersey
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
2790 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  21:44:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the getups for ice skating are a bit ridiculous
hows about fatigues
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2006 :  22:24:33  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm all for the speed skating, remarkably similar to track racing too. =)

"Live life like you're gonna die...because you are." - William Shatner, You'll Have Time / Has Been
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000