Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  08:28:09  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
At last an official FB compilation, and a clever one. Well done guys, as always.

I'd never have thought Saskatchewan and New Jersey could bring so much to the civilized world...

-----
blackolero le only Frank Black / Pixies site 100% in français

Edited by - Frog in the Sand on 06/16/2006 08:30:06
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  08:44:50  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hahaha, thanks guys. Always a pleasure (otherwise I could never justify the time I spend on it).

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
Go to Top of Page

kfs
= Cult of Ray =

USA
889 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  10:25:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really enjoyed podcast #10! Well done, guys!
Also, the FM/RM commercial was cool...and effective. I'd buy it if I hadn't already ordered it! Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  11:00:15  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Number 10?! Send it to me... think of the work I'll save. :P

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  11:09:36  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
(thanks for the Coastline demo, Brian/Dean. It's another gem for my collection I never knew existed)
Go to Top of Page

kfs
= Cult of Ray =

USA
889 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  11:54:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oops! I meant #9....It's just that I'm really looking forward to #10 for some reason
Go to Top of Page

beckett trance
- FB Fan -

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  16:32:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A trip to Los Angeles and no advanced warning for the West Coasters in the house?

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  21:46:35  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey man, i posted stuff in General Chat - ya gotta check there for all the mod travel info! (next up for me - Chicago, end o' July)

-Brian - http://bvsrant.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

dula
- FB Fan -

Switzerland
1 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  08:18:39  Show Profile  Visit dula's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Podcasters
Just wanted to say that i like it a lot and never miss one.
by the way, the song "ludwigshaven" that you played in one of the first episodes is pronounced "Ludwigs - Hafen" wich means Ludwig's (a Name) harbour. This is a town in germany. So it got nothing to do with shave or shaven ;-).
Anyway. Frank sings it also like ludwig-shaven... so i guess that's the name of the song.
But you know what, i think nobody really wants to know anyway...
Keep up the good work guys. i'm looking foreward to the next podcast.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  08:32:34  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for listening, dula, and the heads up on Ludwigshaven.

Go to Top of Page

Waiting for Godot
- FB Fan -

Australia
21 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2006 :  17:58:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Brian and Dean:

This is my favourite podcast after Chess is Cool with Alexandra Kosteniuk!

I'm a tenderfoot in the Frank Black jungle, so these podcasts are a godsend. Love the live stuff.

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2006 :  18:28:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm trying to catch up on the podcasts, haven't heard the latest one yet. They're great. Hearing that full-band version of Boom Chicka Boom from a few episodes back was great. Keep up the good work, guys!!

--------

"Leguman...Leguman!"
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2006 :  21:52:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brian and Dean: I love the podcasts. Is there a way you could offer the tracks that are on them separate from the podcasts themselves? I'm not smart enough to know how difficult that might be, whether it would create bandwidth issues for you, and whether there are licensing issues, but I often wish I could listen to some of these rarities without having to scroll to a certain point in a podcast to find them. Oh, and keep up the good work. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Edited by - coastline on 06/21/2006 21:52:50
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2006 :  22:56:52  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, guys, very much appreciated. I'll check out Chess is Cool, always looking for good podcasts. My personal favourite is the CBC Radio 3 podcast. Excellent music week after week and they've got a whole year's worth available. And I also love that version of Boom Chicka Boom.

There's no way to offer those songs exclusively, at least not the album tracks. We may be able to do rarities at some point, but we're not ready for that yet. However, there will be something in the next podcast that may help you nonetheless...

Go to Top of Page

The Holiday Son
= Quote Accumulator =

France
1995 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  03:46:33  Show Profile  Visit The Holiday Son's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's really nice to hear all those demo versions.
Do you take requests ? Cause I'd love to hear the demo version of New House of the Pope.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  07:16:56  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Of course, I'll check into that for 'ya. Incidentally, we _love_ requests when the person sends us an MP3 explaining their attachment to the song. :) <hint hint>

Go to Top of Page

stymie
= Cult of Ray =

385 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  11:39:34  Show Profile  Visit stymie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, again! And when is # 10 coming out?
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  11:40:36  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Saturday, most likely.

-Brian - http://bvsrant.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Born to Lose
- FB Fan -

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  05:17:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to say I'm really diggin' the podcasts. Its nice to have something where I can listent to discussions and commentary on my favorite songs, not to mention all the rare goodies. Keep up the good work!
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  10:01:35  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for sharing podcast 9 with friends and others. We went from 3500 (ep. 8) to 4600 (ep. 9) listeners which means that potentially 1000 new listeners may have been turned on to FB. And turned off to Brian & I. :)

So, thanks for all the feedback and for listening, whether you contributed to one of the 12,000 downloads this month or not. See you at the 10th Podcast Penthouse Party this Saturday night!

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  06:25:47  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK, well it's so late on Friday night that it's Saturday morning (7:30 AM to be exact) but podcast 10 is finally done. We hope you find it worth the wait. The number of hours spent on this was ridiculous but as always, lots of fun. Thanks largely to cohost and cohort, Brian.

Thanks to everyone who helped us with this episode too. Great sports, the lot of ya.

Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  07:11:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't know if maybe the problem is on my end, but Podcast #10, which I just got through iTunes, is 13 minutes of silence. Is that the surprise, Dean? :)
Go to Top of Page

badronald
- FB Fan -

USA
70 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  08:01:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coastline

Don't know if maybe the problem is on my end, but Podcast #10, which I just got through iTunes, is 13 minutes of silence. Is that the surprise, Dean? :)

It 62 minutes of goodness for me here. Awesome guys.
Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  08:22:48  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I hate you both

forum ebook: end of miles
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  08:32:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, the new podcast!

I still haven't caught up, but I'm downloading it now!

Join the Cult Of Pob!
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  08:54:44  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coastline

Don't know if maybe the problem is on my end, but Podcast #10, which I just got through iTunes, is 13 minutes of silence.

No silence here, but yeah, it lasts 13:05 exactly. Stops abruptly after "Johnny Barleycorn"

-----
blackolero le only Frank Black / Pixies site 100% in français
Go to Top of Page

Sir Rockabye
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1158 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  09:05:37  Show Profile  Visit Sir Rockabye's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good stuff guys.

Very impressed.

You run all kinds of red lights except the ones on the street.
When you run out of exits you can always count sheep.
Go to Top of Page

Born to Lose
- FB Fan -

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  09:37:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The podcast, for me, is also 13 minutes. Its not silent though.
Go to Top of Page

Wulstan
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
32 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  09:46:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 12mb, 13 minute podcast too.
Go to Top of Page

Johnny Barleycorn
- FB Fan -

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  09:48:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The podcast is 13 minutes for me too, and I was really looking forward to it :(
Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  09:58:31  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have an hour and two minutes through itunes but I think it is shorter than it should be because looking at the episode guide the last songis missing.

Poor Dean and Brian, you've worked so very hard.

forum ebook: end of miles
Go to Top of Page

The Holiday Son
= Quote Accumulator =

France
1995 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  10:05:51  Show Profile  Visit The Holiday Son's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by starmekitten
I have an hour and two minutes

Me too.
Go to Top of Page

beckett trance
- FB Fan -

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  12:19:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Holiday Son

quote:
Originally posted by starmekitten
I have an hour and two minutes

Me too.

Not I. Just 13:05.

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  12:55:06  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Shit, I was so tired I went to bed after starting to upload and my connection cut out, uploading again now. What the %$&^#%&@$ was the point of staying up that late to finish it, heheheheh.

Sorry guys... I'm sending again.

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  13:08:06  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is it easy/possible for you guys to redownload? How does that work in iTunes?

I've altered the feed so hopefully it will appear to download again for you guys. Let me know one way or the other...

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000