New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kathryn
~ Selkie Bride ~

Belgium
15320 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2005 :  09:19:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just heard this song by Vincent Delerm, off his album Kensington Square. I know nothing about him or his music or this song. I'd appreciate it if someone here clued me in. Thanks!

I got some heaven in my head

jediroller
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1718 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2005 :  11:38:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He's a very fashionable boring singer whose biggest hit was a song with the chorus: "The girls from 1973 are 30, la la la la."

I think I must have heard that "Veruca Salt and Frank Black" song once. Or the first half of it - I usually fall asleep at that point. From what I've gathered it's about a girl (who probably turned 30, la la la la somewhere along the way) who was into VS and FB (read: obscure pop music no one else used to listen to).

As far as I understand, all his songs are about girls he didn't get because he was so boring. I guess I should relate, but he's really too smug and just plain fucking boring.

--> FREE MUSIC <--

Edited by - jediroller on 12/24/2005 13:41:15
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2005 :  13:35:47  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I never heard this song, but I suspect Vincent D. is at least as boring as his father Philippe, who has written dozens (and sold millions) of books about nothing - I mean, really nothing.

OK, time to get drunk now.
Go to Top of Page

cassandra is
> Teenager of the Year <

France
4233 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  03:16:33  Show Profile  Visit cassandra is's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yeah, "fucking boring", that's exactly the terms to define this guy and his music (and his father's books as well)

pas de bras pas de chocolat
Go to Top of Page

cassandra is
> Teenager of the Year <

France
4233 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  03:24:01  Show Profile  Visit cassandra is's Homepage  Reply with Quote
he probably thought it was still cool to use that kind of "name dripping" in a bad french light music song, with his dirty Miossec-esque voice kinda saying: "look, I know these bands, I listened to rock 'n' roll in the 90's, now I play my music on a piano, and I like to think I am Serge Gainsbourg"

pas de bras pas de chocolat
Go to Top of Page

Monsieur
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1688 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  08:33:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bad music for indie wantabees

I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2006 :  05:59:41  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
like they say

Denis

"You know what? You know what? You know what? Shut the fuck up!"
Go to Top of Page

Narfk
- FB Fan -

France
19 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  10:42:42  Show Profile  Click to see Narfk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I haven't heard that song and couldn't find the lyrics so I can't tell you what it is about. I only know Delerm's first album and I think some of the songs are not so bad. But I think the way he sings and his voice are not really pleasant to listen to, and the music seems always the same. So I don't really like him.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000