Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  02:49:27  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So I bought my first TM album this week-end, University, for €3 (bargain bins, I love you!). It seems nobody has mentioned this record except benji, so I'm not sure it's the best place to start, but hey, it was the only one. Kristin's voice is great. I find the sound a bit dated, but I'll listen closely and see if I'm hooked.

Denis

Your team sucks
Go to Top of Page

lonely persuader
= Cult of Ray =

Ireland
488 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  03:57:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"In a DogHouse", has to be the best and nearly all you need when getting the muses. It a brilliant double CD. Real ramona, University or House Tornado aint nothing to the songs on DogHouse.
Go to Top of Page

jimmy
= Cult of Ray =

USA
876 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  12:20:13  Show Profile  Visit jimmy's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Throwing Muses are going to be in Boston at the Middle East, Friday, August 11, 2006. There's a NYC show too, it's all on the website.
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  12:53:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got In A Doghouse a little while ago, and only actually listened to it recently-well, the first disc (the debut album and EP stuff). Great. Kind of early REM but more angsty and wild. Kristin Hersh's vocals actaully remind me a bit of Les Claypool. I've been considering checking out the rest of their catalogue, I've seen most of their albums going cheap.

--------

"Leguman...Leguman!"
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  17:58:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hunkpapa

I googled the name to spell it right and this is what came up. I don't know if it's related to the alb title.

"Hunkpapa
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
The Hunkpapas were a Native American group, one of the seven branches of the Lakota Sioux tribe. During the 1870s, when the Native Americans of the Midwest were fighting the United States, they were asked to join and did fight alongside Sitting Bull.

[edit]
External link"
Go to Top of Page

mcil
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  05:24:02  Show Profile  Click to see mcil's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hunkpapa is my least favourite Throwing Muses album, although my favourite Throwing Muses song - Dizzy - is on it. Same story with the Pixies, Dig for Fire is my favourite song, but Bossanova least favurite album.

"Your Bone's Got a Little Machine..."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000