Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Off Topic!
 Suggestion Box / Website Discussion
 WANTED: Graphics Person - Make This Site Prettier!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 20

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2005 :  16:09:38  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Back from the dead momentarily.

Yeah, definitely was a browser thing, meant to post that. I'm pretty set on the splash looking as is, now. It scales really nicely and I think it's impressive that I can view it fullscreem (1600x1200) and it still looks as good as it does smaller.

Though I appreciate the commentary, I think it's kind of done now. Sorry, I know this comes off harsh and not meant to at all, I'm just too tired to figure out why/change the message. Appreciate it, really I do.

"I joined the Cult of Frank / Wooteenie!"
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2005 :  18:27:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Dean, it looks great!!!!

Drop me a line if there is anything more I can do to help out!!!

Take it easy and get feeling better
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  16:24:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TO: Active Duck, Apl4Eris, Daisy Girl, Frank Black Conspiracy, Starmekitten, Cult of Frank, Dave Noisy, and everyone else involved.

I hope this is the thread to express A HUGE, HUGE, HUGE, THANK YOU for the one-of-a-kind website for The Man that you all have unveiled. One that is as grand as He Himself.

You guys and gals really outdid yourselves here and it is much appreciated. Thank you so much for all of your hard work and countless hours.

Certainly, something to be proud of. Your birthday present to Charles, if you will. You know he must be so proud of the new look!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2005 :  10:04:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Old Man in the Coffee Can :) It's amazing the talent of all those besides me... it's awe inspriring. It was great working with such a talented and dedicated team. :) Keep your eye out on the other pages of the site, Dean and Dave have more to come :)

Edited by - Daisy Girl on 04/16/2005 10:05:32
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2005 :  13:38:32  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tre, can you get me a full-size image for the top of the main page (FB flying)?

Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2005 :  13:54:21  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote

this one? I only have the re-coloured one and it might have got cropped along the way...
do you want me to try find the original?

Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2005 :  14:09:50  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you could, that'd be great. I'm trying to recolour that animated Pixies icon.

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2005 :  14:23:47  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Also, I need the Pixies "P" that we have there already in silver. I can't seem to get it to look good modifying that.

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2005 :  14:44:43  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Actually, I think I've got the "P" to finally work...

Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2005 :  14:48:13  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote

thats the original (I forgot it had a blue border)

Lets see some P then

(hehehehehehehe, 'P' hehehhehehhehehehe)

Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2005 :  15:07:05  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, I just create the frames and I need to Dave to put them together as animation (unless someone can tell me how to save an animated GIF from the animation frames in Adobe ImageReady).

Go to Top of Page

hammerhands
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1592 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2005 :  00:13:01  Show Profile  Visit hammerhands's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ass-backwordsly, you need to set your file settings before you save.
http://user.fundy.net/morris/redirect.html?photoshop12.shtml

Would it be confusing for the General Chat description to read "Anything to do with anything." ?
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2005 :  10:52:58  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I'll give that a whirl later today!

Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2005 :  17:23:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Dean, how's it looking?
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2005 :  18:26:19  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It worked. But Dave & I are gonna need time to do the whole site, and that's not something I have much of anymore...

Go to Top of Page

slaveish
= Cult of Ray =

USA
269 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2005 :  21:32:46  Show Profile  Visit slaveish's Homepage  Reply with Quote
wow, the site looks so pretty. who did the front page? nice, nice work!
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2005 :  23:32:19  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I believe it was Active Duck (Damien) - one clever guy
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2005 :  15:32:42  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
me again.

erm, is there anything else need doing? i'm bored

it all looks beautiful to me
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2005 :  13:50:03  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is, but it'll probably wait til I get back. Thanks tho. Ñ) Ooh, some sort of Spanish smiley!

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

landoblack
- FB Fan -

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2005 :  09:43:01  Show Profile  Visit landoblack's Homepage  Reply with Quote
just an idea

Edited by - landoblack on 10/16/2005 20:54:45
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2005 :  19:51:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, not bad but it needs to be thematic!

Hello, BTW!
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2005 :  09:37:49  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
All I have is a broken link...

Go to Top of Page

landoblack
- FB Fan -

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2005 :  11:43:21  Show Profile  Visit landoblack's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yea i noiced the image isnt showing. 250free.com seems to be down and thatswhere my image is hosted and i dont have a backup since it was just something i threw together at school. so remade it and posted it on another image host

Edited by - landoblack on 10/16/2005 20:56:38
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2005 :  13:52:31  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks quite nice, doesn't fit with the theme at the moment but I like your work. Maybe it'll come in handy on our next graphical revisitation, thanks!

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  05:25:44  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just keeping this up so I have reference material for when the main page finally gets done. Other stickies should be disappearing soon.

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  11:53:12  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have a copy of Jen's typewriter. I finally am getting around to mod'ing the front page and want to have that in there. I guess I could email her, too, but I don't think I have the right address any more. Or she just doesn't answer my emails...

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  09:09:30  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey guys, long time.

I had done a little work on the main site before I got busy. It's not much, but it's a start. As I continue to work on it, the progress can be seen here:

http://www.frankblack.net/main2.asp

I need that font that was used in FrankBlackFrancis to replace words like "newsflash", etc. I'm thinking I'm going to keep the dark blue links, they just stick out a little more. I also need, as always, new icons for the little dog and star, and I'm also going to change the icons for FB appearances away from the card theme. The Pixies icon, I'd just like to recolor the circle's background to a brown instead of gray

So, I'm going to restart this thread with the emphasis now on the site itself and matching it thematically to the forum. I will change the background to be the same as the background in use here in the forum, and the colours of the poll as well, when we finally get to that point.

For now, I need:
1) New banner (does anyone have that one I designed oh-so-long ago kicking around)
2) Font used for FBF album (the name I forget once again)
3) Icons for the dog, star, FB shows (perhaps a small flower to fit the theme of late), and so on.
4) Maybe a different "Not this Frank Black" banner at the bottom?

If anyone did want to redesign the layout of the site, now is the time. My intention is to simply change the colour/font/look and not tweak the layout, but if someone comes up with an awesome mock-up, I will definitely change my tune.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  09:36:00  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
*falls off chair*

Which banner? I don't remember a banner?

forum ebook: end of miles

Edited by - starmekitten on 06/27/2006 09:39:07
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  09:41:54  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The banner is that "Welcome to FB.Net" graphic. The one I had done was that guitar pic with him and/or halo standing embossed in brown. Not great, but an option. :)

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  11:45:40  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can't help, I'm on computer three since then and haven't saved anything. I remember though, it looked like an angelic terminator Frank right? If it's lost can I play? How big does it have to be? I've read through the thread and I don't think the font was mentioned anywhere I'm afraid :(

Edited by - starmekitten on 06/27/2006 11:46:11
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  12:14:36  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, for sure. Play away. This is open to anyone interested.

Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  14:50:16  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
how about something like this:

which would look something like this:

http://i4.tinypic.com/15yht7c.jpg

just to get the ball rolling...

Edited by - starmekitten on 06/28/2006 07:25:15
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  15:18:34  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's not too bad, though I'd move that banner from black to browns/earth tones. The font could be a little smaller but it may well be worth changing as well... thoughts?

Thanks Tre for helping.

Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2006 :  07:34:01  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Maybe we could try and ape the FM/RM-esque font for the banner. I figure, the banner could be easily changed with each album (or at least modified), and we might as well capitalize on FM/RM while the record is hot.

I also agree w/ the earth tones.

-Brian - http://bvsrant.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2006 :  07:38:11  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No problem, I quite plainly like playing with the pretty pictures.

I've just been trying to follow this:

But because I'm quite limited in what I can do I'm just doing standard blocks of stuff. I have no idea how to make things see through like that. Where are all the graphically minded folks hiding?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 20 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000