Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

darwin
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
5452 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2005 :  09:19:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In evolutionary biology, studying the interaction of environment and genotype is a very old and well established area of study. We're finding out more cool stuff about the mechanisms, but I don't think it's very novel to think that our morpholohy and behavior is a result of that interaction.

Left/right brain: I think it's overstated to say that scientists don't use their right hemisphere very often. At least in some areas of science, creativity and being able to see things from different perspectives is a key to being a good (and successful) scientist. My main job is thinking about how I think individuals interact with each other and their environments. What kind of rules and behaviors would best adapt an individual to their environment? This allows alot of creativity in regards to how to put the pieces together.
Go to Top of Page

Newo
~ Abstract Brain ~

Spain
2673 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2005 :  05:13:05  Show Profile  Click to see Newo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Leftbrainrightbrain I didn't say scientists but education, based on experience in school, uni, teaching and teaching teachers and professors - from what I saw all the way though was the distribution of activities that stimulate the right and left hemispheres is so wildly uneven I could only take it to be intentional.
I understand it is nothing new, I figured it out when I realised I could heal a sore stomach or kidney or bladder by visualising it bathed in warm white light a few years ago, like I said just underlooked in comparison to say, state narcotics.

--

Develop interest in life as you see it; in people, things, literature, music -- the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000