General Frank Black Chat
 other albums in the discography?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

barnard666
- FB Fan -

38 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  06:05:02  Show Profile  Visit barnard666's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK so I havent been here in ages, and I finally got around to grabbing honeycomb, so I realised I neededto get my FB collection up to date. I know there are a few compilation albums with him on that I have missed (some of the stuff from SSMVGD did get released on comps didnt it?)

as far as I know I have everything up to pistolero era, I am missing the jap dog in the sand (didnt that have an acoustic track as a bonus??) and any guest appearences he's made on other peoples records...

so if anyone could fill me in on what I need to go and buy, that would be awesome!

why isnt this stuff in the song data base?

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7441 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  06:20:22  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey James!
Let's see, after Pistolero there was:
- Oddballs
- DITS: japanese edition has a super cool acoustic version of Le Cigare Volant; the 2003 reedition has demo versions of Blast Off, Robert Onion, Stupid Me, If It Takes All Night
- St Francis Dam Disaster ep (w/ Constant Sorrow Man, Sleep)
- Robert Onion ep (w/ Pan American Highway, Angst)
- Everything Is New ep (w/ Take What Yu Want, Down In The Hole)
- Nadine UK ep (w/ Snake Oil, Ludwigshafen)
- Nadine US ep (w/ Hermaphroditos, Los Angeles, Jane The Queen Of Love, Gouge Away, all live)
- Show Me Your Tears ep: only available on iTunes, w/ Don't Clip Your Wings, A Dab'll Do Ya, Preacher's Daughter, Show Me Your Tears
- Frank Black Francis
- I Burn Today promo ep (what's on it by the way?)
- Honeycomb japanese edition w/ Atlantis (Donovan cover)

Compilations:
- Powerpuff Girls soundtrack (Pray For The Girls)
- Crime & Punishment In Suburbia soundtrack (Bullet instrumental)
- Seen/Unseen (I Will Run After You)
- Delicatessen 4: Cooking Vinyl sampler (End Of Miles acoustic)
- Wig In A Box: the songs of Hedwig & the Angry Inch (Sugar Daddy)

Collaborations:
- Gordon Gano - Hitting the Ground (Frank sings on Run)

with the Pixies:
- Bam Thwok (on iTunes only)
- Warren Zevon tribute (Ain't That Pretty At All)

Am I missing something?

Denis

"We brush our teeth with tequila." - Guitar Wolf
Go to Top of Page

barnard666
- FB Fan -

38 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  06:42:10  Show Profile  Visit barnard666's Homepage  Reply with Quote
wow thanks! and hi denis,
I hadnt missed all that much -
Seen/Unseen (I Will Run After You)
Delicatessen 4: Cooking Vinyl sampler (End Of Miles acoustic)
Gordon Gano - Hitting the Ground
I Burn Today
Nadine US EP, seems to be the hardest to obtain...
and the DITS/honeycomb japanese CD's, can I justify £30 each?? !! - probably!

oh so I had missed quite a lot then! I found nadine on amazon for £16, seems really steep :(

I hate buying music from I tunes, it sucks ass, I like to have a real record in my hand! and I always fear that buying stuff from itunes helps the demise of real CD's.....saying that I am currently ripping my whole record collection to my PC, which is why I realised I best get up to date with my FB.

is there a lot of sharing going on with rare frank audio at the moment? I am sure I have some stuff that I could contribute...

nice signature by the way!! it just so happens that guitar wolf are doing a split single with some crappy band or other ;) http://www.mustdestroymusic.com/
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7441 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  06:59:27  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No shit! I'll kill to get my hands on this ep (name who!). You have to know that I'm heavily promoting both GW and Sludgefeast by including a song of yours on a CD swap thing we just did. So far nobody has commented on it.
By the way... So Guitar Wolf still exists? Did they find a new bassist?

About the FB songs you don't have: I think the release version of I Will Run After You is the same as the one on SSMVGD. Not completely sure though.
End Of Miles acoustic is excellent, you can get the CV sampler on their website for a very cheap price (£2.99!)
I Burn Today doesn't have any b-sides, it's just a promo ep.
Nadine ep is quite good, great live versions but strangely Los Angeles is cut in half and thus ruined. It's on amazon.com for $7.99, by the way.

Denis

Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  07:13:43  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Denis you also forgot the Springsteen cover ('i'm goin' down') that i think was a brown album bside that has since been released in a vinyl only release by spinART. '...the audible spectrum'
http://www.spinartrecords.com/site/popups/album.php?a=170

-Brian

If you move I shoots!

Go to Top of Page

barnard666
- FB Fan -

38 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  07:27:58  Show Profile  Visit barnard666's Homepage  Reply with Quote
do you mean the UK Nadine EP? I managed to get one of those :)
I just purchased the newport acoustic show from pixiediscs.com seeing as that looks to be one of the highlight of the disclive type stuff...
I got the sampler thing for 25p on amazon !!! but stupidly purchased the US nadine for £16, should have gone to amazon.com doh!

I had to listen to something else instead of frank to stop me buying records, holy diver by dio, is now flying from my stereo!! emmiting pure metal!!

yeah GW got a new bassist, they did record a tribute song for billy, just guitar and drums, no bass! cant wait to hear it, theres a video too. the single we are doing together is pretty limited 300 copies or so, I'll post you one...along with those files I have of yours. we might stop in on paris next month to play a show, I am not sure yet...I'll let you know if we do, thanks for sending our stuff around, shame you dont have the new album, it seems its quite good http://www.musicunderwater.com/sludgefeast_virtua_rock.html !!! :) shame no one will buy it though.
so what about the file sharing thing? is anyone sharing their frank stuff?
Go to Top of Page

The Marsist
= Cult of Ray =

Ireland
730 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  07:31:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
where can i get the warren zevon tribute? is it easily downloaded? i only heard about it for the first time yesterday

"To be known as an underdog - that can only be a good thing. It's better than sucking."
- Frank Black

Go to Top of Page

barnard666
- FB Fan -

38 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  07:58:47  Show Profile  Visit barnard666's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just purchased it from amazon for £6 or so new from a market place seller. but they do have it too for £10.99.

is it good?
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7441 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  08:20:20  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by barnard666
yeah GW got a new bassist, they did record a tribute song for billy, just guitar and drums, no bass! cant wait to hear it, theres a video too. the single we are doing together is pretty limited 300 copies or so, I'll post you one...along with those files I have of yours. we might stop in on paris next month to play a show, I am not sure yet...I'll let you know if we do, thanks for sending our stuff around, shame you dont have the new album, it seems its quite good http://www.musicunderwater.com/sludgefeast_virtua_rock.html !!! :) shame no one will buy it though.

I will! I have to complete my Sludgefeast collection. Did I miss something between Nise Action Noise and the new album?

Denis

Go to Top of Page

barnard666
- FB Fan -

38 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  08:21:28  Show Profile  Visit barnard666's Homepage  Reply with Quote
we did a mini album called king of the arcade, theres an almost complete discography here http://www.sludgefeast.com/discography.html
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000