Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2005 :  13:35:14  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
speaking of emithering.

Radcliffe, he needs to play some frank.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/radcliffe/contact.shtml
contact the show via the interweb
SMS: 88291 (during show mon-thu 22:30-00:00 GMT)
textualise

rally cry people!

The easiest way to sleep at night is to carry on believing that I don't exist
Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2005 :  16:01:50  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
He needs to play it but he's not. I shall persist.

The easiest way to sleep at night is to carry on believing that I don't exist
Go to Top of Page

Apesy
= Cult of Ray =

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2005 :  19:38:07  Show Profile  Visit Apesy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is this single by any chance going to have b-sides?

-=Apesy
Go to Top of Page

Ten Percenter
- FB Enquirer -

United Kingdom
1733 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2005 :  01:30:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Apesy

Is this single by any chance going to have b-sides?

-=Apesy

CV have released it as a promo single only; the other tracks are Sunday Sunny Mill Valley Groove Day and Sing for Joy.

"Fried food, cigarettes, no exercise, chest pain..." (Excerpt from the Angina Monologues)
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6116 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2005 :  02:39:46  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
and those are featured on the record itself,right?

"I joined the cult of Jon Tiven/Bye!"
Go to Top of Page

Ten Percenter
- FB Enquirer -

United Kingdom
1733 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2005 :  03:00:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by billgoodman

and those are featured on the record itself,right?

"I joined the cult of Jon Tiven/Bye!"

That's right, Jop.

"Fried food, cigarettes, no exercise, chest pain..." (Excerpt from the Angina Monologues)
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2005 :  05:09:25  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by starmekitten

He needs to play it but he's not. I shall persist.

i'll be on his case tonight.
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2005 :  15:23:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I posted Radcliffe. Let's deluge him with requests for Frank!
Go to Top of Page

martha_promise
= Cult of Ray =

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2005 :  04:57:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I sent a message to him as well.

~~Come inside, or...Go Away.~~
Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2005 :  10:23:12  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yay people!

I've got my eye on you Radcliffe.

I want to live, breathe, I want to be part of the human race

Edited by - starmekitten on 06/24/2005 10:23:31
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2005 :  06:28:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's another one I just heard about in Minneapolis... it's the University of Minnesota's student station.

Being new here, I am just starting to get hip to some of the things around here.

Requests
(612) 626-4770
request@radiok.org

http://radiok.cce.umn.edu/

I am also getting the word on the street to other fb fans!! :)
Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2005 :  07:20:23  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well I just saw Speedys post about play on woxy (result!) and I have an inbox full of automatic replies, one of these radio swines will play it so help them.

And I've still got my eye on Radcliffe.

Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2005 :  08:30:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been reqesting on woxy as well... i know they played Strange Goodbye too... one time after I requested I Burn Today they played La La Love you instead, so that was cool...

Also requested it on the 89.3 the current, the cool dj played Men in Black!!! I have never heard that on the radio. Maybe they're just waiting for the offical day when they can actually start playing it! :)

I think I am going to scream in a fit of happiness when I finally hear one of HC tracks on the air!!

Just requested it again on woxy... I had just missed them playing Alec Eiffel and Wom Waits... you snooze you looze!

Anyway... I just requested On Ratcliffe and the other BBC shows :) So if anyone wants to return the favor and request on the links 89.3 the Current... and Radio K above... it would be much appriciated... :) One of the djs on 89.3 is a Brit and very good... he seems to get a kick when ppl from GB make requests!!! Thanks guys.

Edited by - Daisy Girl on 06/25/2005 08:31:12
Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2005 :  09:27:53  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Will do daisy lady!

Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2005 :  09:33:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I e-mailed Radio K, and posted a request for I Burn Today (and asked for more Frank in the comments box!) on 89.3 The Current's page. Let's make this a hit! :)

And I just posted a request for it on WOXY's site, since people have been talking about that station!

Edited by - Carl on 06/25/2005 09:39:09
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2005 :  13:02:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow!! thanks star me and Carl!! :) Thanks so much more Frank is an exponentially good thing!!

You guys are not going to believe this serendipitous event.

Long story short... I was not planning at all to be at this place downtown today... I was waiting for Mr. Daisy to get out of a store and these two ladies with a mic and marantz come up to me.

And they ask, "What would you do if you had an hour of airtime on the radio to broadcast your own show?"

So I am like, "Play Frank Black's new album Honeyomb in its entirety when it comes out"

So then they wanted me to talk more and then I was like going on and on about how great FB is and how much I love the Pixies and there are a lot of FB fans here and yadda yadda yadda..

So then they're like ... you really can have your on hour on the radio to do just that... and you just need to apply on our website and have it approved!!!!

How cool is that??? So tonight... I am going to meet up with Joshua (fb.net member) and fill out the app and mail it by Mon am.

If it gets approved... It would be on a Sunday from 3 to 4 pm on a small PBS station I didn't know about until now.. I am still figuring out all the stuff this place has to offer but how cool is that.

Ok I don't wan't to get too ahead of myself... but there is also streaming audio... so you all could check it out!!

I am guessing it would take awhile for it to get approved b/c I bet the have a line of people waiting to do this but how cool is that?

Edited by - Daisy Girl on 06/25/2005 13:04:06
Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2005 :  16:16:45  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Daisy thats superb!

Man, I had a guy come and shove a microphone in my face the other day from BBC radio Sheffield asking if I had any questions I wanted to ask George Galloway (skeezy MP), I said none that would be broadcastable no, unless you think he's heard of Frank Black?, the guy just looked at me odd and wandered off to his next victim.

Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2452 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2005 :  16:39:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wonderful.

Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2005 :  21:18:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by starmekitten

Daisy thats superb!

Man, I had a guy come and shove a microphone in my face the other day from BBC radio Sheffield asking if I had any questions I wanted to ask George Galloway (skeezy MP), I said none that would be broadcastable no, unless you think he's heard of Frank Black?, the guy just looked at me odd and wandered off to his next victim.

Thx Ziggy...are you named after the cartoon caracter ziggy?? He's so cute!

Heeheee Kitty!! :) Yeah...not EVERYONE can have good taste At least you tried!!
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2005 :  06:38:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
haha good one kitten

Oh let it linger
Go to Top of Page

kathryn
~ Selkie Bride ~

Belgium
15320 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2005 :  07:06:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kittie, you are incorrigible!

I still believe in the excellent joy of the Catholics
Go to Top of Page

VoVat
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2005 :  10:38:32  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh, Ziggy. Will you ever win?

I was all out of luck, like a duck that died. I was all out of juice, like a moose denied.
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2005 :  00:55:38  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I posted a request on the FIP (France Inter Paris) website for I Burn Today and Strange Goodbye. I seem to know FB has some fans there.

UPDATE: Just got this message from FIP:

Merci de nous alerter sur la sortie du disque! normalement, si le distributeur fait bien son travail nous ne devrions pas tarder à voir arriver chez nous quelques exemplaires... et nous nous ferons une joie de diffuser du Frank Black sur nos ondes!

Quick translation:

Thanks for your info! If everything's OK we should receive some copies of the album soon.... and we'll be more than happy to broadcast some FB music!

Edited by - Frog in the Sand on 06/27/2005 05:06:13
Go to Top of Page

Ten Percenter
- FB Enquirer -

United Kingdom
1733 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2005 :  03:02:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BBC Radio continues to do us proud. BBC Radio 6 and BBC Radio Scotland are playing tracks all the time - I have now heard songs from Honeycomb on six different shows on Radio Scotland alone (including I Burn Today, Atom in My Heart, Strange Goodbye). Now BBC Radio 2 is getting in on the act, Jonathan Ross played SSMVGD on Saturday morning. Keep up the good work, FB netters.

Go to Top of Page

bazza
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1439 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2005 :  03:36:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The good news from Ireland is that both Today FM and 2FM, Irelands mainstream radio stations, are playing I burn today on their indie shows (after a bombardment of emails). This is great stuff, especially seeing how FB has a very good fanbase over here.

I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.
Go to Top of Page

two reelers
* Dog in the Sand *

Austria
1029 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2005 :  03:36:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carl

I posted Radcliffe. Let's deluge him with requests for Frank!

i posted radcliffe to play billy radcliffe. honestly.

I joined the cult of Souled American / 'cause they are a damn' fine band
Go to Top of Page

Ten Percenter
- FB Enquirer -

United Kingdom
1733 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2005 :  03:54:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sing for Joy was played on Radio 1 over 1 week ago:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/dance/blueroom/tracklistingssat.shtml

Go to Top of Page

Llamadance
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2543 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2005 :  07:41:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ten Percenter

BBC Radio continues to do us proud. BBC Radio 6 and BBC Radio Scotland are playing tracks all the time - I have now heard songs from Honeycomb on six different shows on Radio Scotland alone (including I Burn Today, Atom in My Heart, Strange Goodbye). Now BBC Radio 2 is getting in on the act, Jonathan Ross played SSMVGD on Saturday morning. Keep up the good work, FB netters.

you can hear Jonathan Ross's show here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/ross/playlist.shtml

SSMVGD is about 2hrs 42 mins in.

________________________________________________________________________________
No power in the 'verse can stop me
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2005 :  11:41:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bazza

The good news from Ireland is that both Today FM and 2FM, Irelands mainstream radio stations, are playing I burn today on their indie shows (after a bombardment of emails).

I checked out 2FM's pages on RTE's site, did'nt see anything about requests, though. Maybe I should take another look.
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2005 :  19:45:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok... man I am so bummed I haven't heard the song on the radio yet... I know it only comes out today... but I am kicking myself for spacing the WOxy show featuring HC songs yesterday...

I am redoubling my efforts to request on the BBC... if you have the time... can you please request at the Minneapolis stations?? Thanks!!
Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2005 :  03:04:11  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm not having much chance to check air play at the moment because of the disasters in the lab, but I am still sending out mails to every link for every contact for every radio station I can find.

Daisy, will do that now!

Frog thats brilliant, better than all the "standard e mails" I keep getting, damn these autoreplies, damn them.

But this is so great!

Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2005 :  03:05:39  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ten Percenter

Sing for Joy was played on Radio 1 over 1 week ago:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/dance/blueroom/tracklistingssat.shtml

RESULT! It's as mainstream as it gets!

Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2005 :  05:06:10  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If everything's OK, 'I Burn Today' (and hopefully some other tracks) should be played on the FIP network soon.

Join the Cult of France / And get Honeycomb weeks in advance
Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2005 :  08:13:15  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I see Woxy have Honeycomb on their frontpage now (sorry if this has already been mentioned)

http://www.woxy.com/

I'm still mailing around!

Go to Top of Page

Jontiven
= Cult of Ray =

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2005 :  09:52:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
honeycomb is the number one most added at college and triple A

keep the heat up! call your local station! and THANKS TO ALL!!!

bye,
Jon Tiven
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000