Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

darwin
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2005 :  16:29:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Didn't you once post pictures of a fat guy that you claimed were you?

Edited by - darwin on 05/04/2005 16:30:01
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2005 :  16:31:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh, right. hah. yeah. did you believe me?

Oh let it linger
Go to Top of Page

darwin

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2005 :  16:47:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't believe you, but I also didn't dismiss the possibility that you were fat middle aged guy.

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2005 :  20:07:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pixie Steve! Nice to meet you! I enjoy your posts.

Hey... as far as the girlfriend thing goes. I am sure it's just a matter of time before you meet one.

You're funny, inteligent and cute. She'll find you sooner or later
Go to Top of Page

whoreatthedoor
> Teenager of the Year <

Spain
2873 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2005 :  03:11:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't get that. If you're a conservative, it means you want things to stay like they are now. So you should vote Blair, or am I wrong?

I'm not looking for an argument. Really, I don't get what the word "conservative" means.

El amor es la distancia más larga entre un punto y otro
Go to Top of Page

Cheeseman1000

Iceland
8201 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2005 :  03:51:40  Show Profile  Visit Cheeseman1000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by whoreatthedoor

I don't get that. If you're a conservative, it means you want things to stay like they are now. So you should vote Blair, or am I wrong?

I'm not looking for an argument. Really, I don't get what the word "conservative" means.

It means Strawberry Jam, for example.

en el amor se esconden las respuetas
Go to Top of Page

whoreatthedoor
> Teenager of the Year <

Spain
2873 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2005 :  04:01:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheeseman1000

en el amor se esconden las respuestas

Sorry, but it was making me nervous. A good old joke, BTW.

Go to Top of Page

Cheeseman1000

Iceland
8201 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2005 :  04:10:07  Show Profile  Visit Cheeseman1000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You're quite right. Does respuetas mean anything?
I still think it's a little over the top to be nervous about it...

Go to Top of Page

whoreatthedoor
> Teenager of the Year <

Spain
2873 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2005 :  04:24:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think "respuetas" means anything. Anyway, the word you're looking for is "respuestas".

Sorry, I can't stand grammar mistakes. Thanks God I can't see my own mistakes in english, hoohoohooy!

Go to Top of Page

hawken
- FB Fan -

USA
178 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2005 :  05:28:30  Show Profile  Visit hawken's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They have that show "The Office" here in the states....but rather than use the already existing show that was so successful across the pond the network execs decided it would be more accepted by a US audience if they used American actors.

Basically the same show (I think) just with different actors. I like the US version....but would like to see the British version to compare.

Edited by - hawken on 05/05/2005 05:30:53
Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2005 :  08:07:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hawken

They have that show "The Office" here in the states....but rather than use the already existing show that was so successful across the pond the network execs decided it would be more accepted by a US audience if they used American actors.

Basically the same show (I think) just with different actors. I like the US version....but would like to see the British version to compare.

I saw all the British episodes before the American version, and I actually think the American version is good. It's created by the same people-- even Ricky Gervais is involved (executive producer, I think). Steve Carell rules.

Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey
= Official forum monkey =

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2005 :  08:24:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You like I expected, kinda. You also remind me of someone.

At least now I will know who to look out for at Reading.

I joined the secret forum, and all I got was this lousy secret
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2005 :  08:59:54  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The American one lacks a little of the subtlety, I think, but not as bad as it could've been. Steve Carell doing Chris Rock was hilarious. As was that whole session of diversity training. I think they went to far with the new "Gareth" whose name is escaping me. You hated the old Gareth, but in a pitiful way - the guy was still human. The guy in the American office is like a comic book supervillain. Pure evil. This guy's hanging up on sales calls (and then stealing them). Sales calls that add up to 25% of Tim2's annual income. You wouldn't let that go. You'd beat the %$@^* out of that guy. You never wanted to beat up Gareth.

"Joined the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey
= Official forum monkey =

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2005 :  09:04:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They have finished the American one? I wonder when we will get it.

I joined the secret forum, and all I got was this lousy secret
Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2005 :  09:05:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, Gareth was a lovable loser. Dwight is just a complete dickhead. Where Gareth was a brown-noser, Dwight borders on a powerhungry psychotic.

IMO, the basketball game was as frustrating as anything on the original series.

Edited by - BLT on 05/05/2005 09:07:36
Go to Top of Page

VoVat

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2005 :  17:11:12  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
If you're a conservative, it means you want things to stay like they are now. So you should vote Blair, or am I wrong?

Well, that's one definition of "conservative," but not the one that's generally used in the political arena.

Some people who consider themselves conservatives don't want things to stay the way they are, but rather to return to how they were in the past.

I was all out of luck, like a duck that died. I was all out of juice, like a moose denied.
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2005 :  09:57:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
are the scripts the same, or are they completely new (in the american one)?

Oh let it linger
Go to Top of Page

Erebus
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1834 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2005 :  11:07:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by VoVat

quote:
If you're a conservative, it means you want things to stay like they are now. So you should vote Blair, or am I wrong?

Well, that's one definition of "conservative," but not the one that's generally used in the political arena.

Some people who consider themselves conservatives don't want things to stay the way they are, but rather to return to how they were in the past.

Thank you Vo. As a rather renegade 'conservative', I endorse the hobbesian past red of tooth and claw, not because of any intrinsic moral or pragmatic superiority so much as because it is THE state of nature to which we, as a species, as but one of all species, will inevitably return, with selective (naturally selective) interest to be paid on these generations where we benightedly congratulate ourselves for holding at bay the ruthless, indifferent forces that have heretofore shaped the magnificent being we have somehow managed to become, despite our "higher" moral impulses.
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2005 :  12:05:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
longest sentence ever

Oh let it linger
Go to Top of Page

VoVat

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2005 :  12:10:00  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well, many conservatives long for a time when the sentences were good and long. You just don't get proper sentences nowadays.

I was all out of luck, like a duck that died. I was all out of juice, like a moose denied.
Go to Top of Page

Erebus
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1834 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2005 :  14:55:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you guys crack me up, at least in part because I too looked back on that paragraph thinking Is that second really a coherent sentence? Schopenhauer would be proud, I hope.
Go to Top of Page

darwin

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2005 :  01:26:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erebus

quote:

quote:

Thank you Vo. As a rather renegade 'conservative', I endorse the hobbesian past red of tooth and claw, not because of any intrinsic moral or pragmatic superiority so much as because it is THE state of nature to which we, as a species, as but one of all species, will inevitably return, with selective (naturally selective) interest to be paid on these generations where we benightedly congratulate ourselves for holding at bay the ruthless, indifferent forces that have heretofore shaped the magnificent being we have somehow managed to become, despite our "higher" moral impulses.

No offense (you've heard it from me before), bullshit.
Go to Top of Page

Erebus
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1834 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2005 :  03:23:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by darwin

quote:
Originally posted by Erebus

quote:

quote:

No offense (you've heard it from me before), bullshit.

Not offended. But as a biologist, would you actually think there is an alternative? It's all about resources. For a few generations, post industrial revolution, ironically, we, as a species, have inserted our finger in the the dike of actuality, suspending the forces of selection. Yes, abstract verbage for death. Not murder, and not immoral, but death nonetheless. I know you, d-man, understand the disctinction. Evolution is about both life and death, lest we forget. And no, human beings are NOT different, NY Times, BBC, and Reuters not withstanding.
Go to Top of Page

darwin

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2005 :  13:46:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But you can often improve your fitness through cooperation. It's not all about death and competition.
Go to Top of Page

Cheeseman1000

Iceland
8201 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2005 :  14:47:16  Show Profile  Visit Cheeseman1000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
we, as a species, have inserted our finger in the the dike of actuality, suspending the forces of selection

Awesome, once again.

Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  07:32:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I miss Erebus

green star member since 2006. smb?
Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  08:09:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PixieSteve

Great! Stumbled across this old thread with a few personal details, tried to edit them out, which just brought more attention to it by bringing it to the top. If a moderator sees this, can you delete it please? I don't think I can.

Pixiesteve, this is an excellent thread, I liked to know a bit more about you, and to see how you look in person.

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  08:36:07  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I love necro threads here. It's like suddenly being on a new forum where I don't know anyone.

By the way, how did you get this thread to go backwards?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000