New Frank Black Song from 2004 I found
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Skatealex1
* Dog in the Sand *

1645 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2005 :  19:22:41  Show Profile
Hey has anyone heard the frank black song-Sugar Daddy? I found it on a soundtrack called Wig in a box and the songs really fucking good. Anyone with itunes can get it or buy the soundtrack. Oh theres also som eother great bands on it like sleater-kinneya nd the breeders

The Truth Is Out There

Skatealex1
* Dog in the Sand *

1645 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2005 :  20:13:01  Show Profile
cool i found another frank black song off an album called "Hitting the ground" and the songs called run and its pretty damn funny

This is why I love internet music :):)

The Truth Is Out There
Go to Top of Page

Jordo
- FB Fan -

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2005 :  21:43:19  Show Profile  Visit Jordo's Homepage
"Hitting the Ground" is Gordon Gano's (Violent Femmes) solo album, which is sort of a soundtrack to an indie film called "Hitting the Ground." Gordon Gano wrote all the songs and had guests sing and perform them.

I was actually EXTREMELY dissapointed in Frank Blacks one, because it is one of Gordon Gano's worst songs and exactly identical, lyrically, musically, structurally, to another crappy song on a violent femmes album called "Bad". Except instead of the word "bad", say the word "run", thats pretty much all he did to write a new song.

Im a huge Femmes fan but this irritated me.

The album DOES have some great songs though.

Jordan

my music! my music!
www.jordancooperLaLaLa.com
www.myspace.com/jordancooper
Go to Top of Page

Jason
* Dog in the Sand *

1446 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2005 :  21:58:44  Show Profile
The Hedwig & the Angry Inch covers album with Frank's version of "Sugar Daddy" came out in 2003, actually.
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2005 :  22:19:23  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage
yeah, both of these are old news and are quite well documented on the website, so i'm locking up this thread. always make sure to search for older posts if its not brand-new info.

all the 'sugar daddy' info you need: http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9260&SearchTerms=,sugar,daddy

and an old 'run' thread: http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6043&SearchTerms=gano

-Brian

If you move I shoots!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000