General Frank Black Chat
 My EX- Girlfriend Ruined Frank Black For Me
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stymie
= Cult of Ray =

385 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2005 :  08:44:28  Show Profile  Visit stymie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just wondering if anyone else has feelings where you can put your life experiences and situation's into a frank black song? Good or Bad? I turned my ex onto frank during SMYT and Honeycomb. Now when I listen to those albums it hurts. Other songs that come to mind that remind me of sadness or lost love are king and queen of siam, suffering, I don't wanna hurt you. Etc, Etc... How can I still enjoy this music without all the pain?

speedy_m
= Frankofile =

Canada
3581 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2005 :  08:51:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Girlfriends come and girlfriends go, but Frank is forever. Focus on the important one, and the significance of the other will fade away.
Go to Top of Page

frank black conspiracy
~ Abstract Brain ~

1126 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2005 :  09:41:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
but your wrist will ache
Go to Top of Page

Jordo
- FB Fan -

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2005 :  10:01:42  Show Profile  Visit Jordo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Time time time...wait it out. This is a great oppurtunity to get into totally new bands.

When I got dumped, I couldn't listen to ANY of my music without crying violently...Then I found some Young Fresh Fellows albums I never bothered to listen to... They became my favorite band for a few months, and their song "Sitting on a Pitchfork" meant so much to me, I started covering it at shows. The lyrics are great for a breakup...

I never knew that anything could feel so good
SITTIN ON A PITCHFORK, AHUH
I never thought that anything could feel so fine

I never thought the sun could shine all night and day!

I didn't think that happiness could come so easy
SITTIN ON A PITCHFORK, OH YEAH
Never figured misery could disapear so fast

I never thought that love could last all night and day!

Cause I thought the world was a very bad place
But I've changed my mind since you slugged me 'cross the face

now I'm...

SITTIN ON A PITCHFORK!

So if you wanna know what love is all about...
There's a couple billion experts who could turn you on!

Dont believe the feelings gone, its a new day...

Cause I thought the world was a very bad place
Yes I thought the world was a very bad place
You see, I thought the world was a, A GODAWFUL PLACE

NOW I'M

SITTIN ON A PITCHFORK

OH YEAH!

-Jordan

my music! my music!
www.jordancooperLaLaLa.com
www.myspace.com/jordancooper
Go to Top of Page

frank black conspiracy
~ Abstract Brain ~

1126 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2005 :  10:35:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can't say any fb songs hold a significance to my lost love, but there are plenty of others out there, and some serious love lost.

Take it form me, there's someone out there you're suppose to be with, not now, and obviously not the ex, but every day brings her closer. You're just being tested, being strengthened. You'll soon get over it, and knowing she already has will bring it sooner.
Go to Top of Page

langdonboom
= Cult of Ray =

USA
260 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2005 :  12:19:52  Show Profile  Click to see langdonboom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You can't understand it at the time, but after say, two months, you'll be able to listen to all your music again and you might even find yourself trying to 'find' that sad feeling you used to have with the music, and its gone!

Just just cellular. It'll pass!!! Just don't listen to Show Me Your Tears right away!

Alienation confers freedom. Obscurity will keep you pure. Pray that you won’t be discovered young, so that you won’t be tempted to sell out early, or won’t be seduced by celebrity.

--THE PATH OF THE ARTIST
Go to Top of Page

Johnny Yen
= Cult of Ray =

USA
408 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2005 :  13:08:16  Show Profile  Visit Johnny Yen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hmm, you must reclaim FB. Maybe you should listen to Pistolero REALLY LOUD and scream along with all the words.... Yes. Do that.
Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2005 :  13:23:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In 1989 I wrecked my car while listening to XTC's English Settlement ("Senses Working Overtime" specifically). I didn't listen to the album for about 10 years after that, but the passage of time eventually paved the way for me to once again enjoy it. Stop listening to Frank now. Try again in a few years.
Go to Top of Page

shineoftheever
> Teenager of the Year <

Canada
4307 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2005 :  14:21:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I lost my virginity while listening to The Cure. The girl knew I wasn't a Cure fan so she told me it was a band called "Disintegration." While we were listening I was thinking the music was cool but the guy sounded a little like Robert Smith, then she said "let's have sex". "ok" says I. not long after I get up to flip the tape and look at it and boy was I pissed, I don't know why, but it took me a couple years before I could enjoy the Cure. I guess I just felt tricked. As Kyle from South Park would say "Disintegration is the best album ever!"

I'm what you call a repeat offender. I repeat, I will offend again!
Go to Top of Page

VoVat
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2005 :  15:49:37  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
In 1989 I wrecked my car while listening to XTC's English Settlement ("Senses Working Overtime" specifically).

Well, Andy Partridge isn't particularly fond of cars.

Oh, and "Sittin' On A Pitchfork" is an awesome song.

"Reunion? Shit union!"
Go to Top of Page

kathryn
~ Selkie Bride ~

Belgium
15320 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2005 :  17:44:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by speedy_m

Girlfriends come and girlfriends go, but Frank is forever.

Listen to Speedy!

And to Frank.

I still believe in the excellent joy of the Frank
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2005 :  19:00:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Yen

Hmm, you must reclaim FB. Maybe you should listen to Pistolero REALLY LOUD and scream along with all the words.... Yes. Do that.

Amen, Preach it Brother!

And, may I suggest, when you listen to "Bad Harmony" think of that as you and your ex, and then when "I Switched You" comes on, push repeat, turn it up to 11, and get your confidence back and feel better about your situation.

The Man has been there before, he feels your pain, his songs are for people just like you. Listen, now, he'll show you the way!
Go to Top of Page

dogjones
- FB Fan -

USA
142 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2005 :  19:23:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
most of my ex's are happy to have less frank in their lives...if i had a nickle for every time "how many fucking songs does this guy have, anyway?" was said to me i could have enough loot to call one of them from a payphone to ask them if they ever plan on paying me back the $80 they owe me. =p
Go to Top of Page

stymie
= Cult of Ray =

385 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2005 :  10:16:29  Show Profile  Visit stymie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone. I do feel a little better. All in due time. Until then I going to have to switch bands. Any suggestions on something new? I haven't found a band that I like that came out in the last 10 years although I seen a few on SNL that i'd like to hear, but I don't know about spending the $$$. Might be risky? What do you think about The Killers or Keene? Either of those or not at all.
Go to Top of Page

frank black conspiracy
~ Abstract Brain ~

1126 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2005 :  11:21:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
not at all.
sorry that's not very helpful is it.

don't mean this to be Frank related, but try and sort out some of the music that inspires him to write.
the old stuff. the musicians he gives a nod to in songs.

Crush my heart with Desmond Dekker
Little itty bitty of Freddy Fender
Henry Sloane in my soca soul

this could be fun.
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2005 :  08:28:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, Stymie, get a hold of yourself, man! You're acting irrational. Talk of switching bands is scary and foolish.

I'm telling you, listen to "I Switched You" turned up to 11, at least five times without interruptions, and turn the tables on this situation. It's her loss, any sad feelings should be your pitty for her.

Come on, you can do this. And, hey, whether you believe it or not, your next love is just around the next corner.
Go to Top of Page

theFILLshow
- FB Fan -

Canada
65 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2005 :  15:46:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember I had a similar situation as shine of the ever, except it was with Velouria on in the background. After she dumped me for another guy, I couldn't listen to Velouria/Bossanova for a while. I just listened to FB and the C's and other Pixies albums more. Just give it time, and you can get back to listening to all your Frank faves.

_____
http://ww.hotncold.vzz.com
I'm a man of, constant sorrow..
Go to Top of Page

Elephant
- FB Fan -

Canada
240 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2005 :  16:54:15  Show Profile  Visit Elephant's Homepage  Click to see Elephant's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I burnt my teacher a mix CD because he was interested in the kind of music I was listening to, because sometimes he would suggest some music or whatever and we would talk about music and such.

I remember burning him a CD with Frank Black and Pixies on it and I remember he liked the song... uhhh... "Switch You" and now I really can't stand that song.
Go to Top of Page

Jordo
- FB Fan -

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2005 :  09:46:01  Show Profile  Visit Jordo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Now I'm going through a similar thing. My girlfriend of 2 years broke up with me last night. Im devastated and feel like I've been shot. And theres lots of music I cant listen to now. I don't know why Im posting this.

Jordan

my music! my music!
Go to Top of Page

olympus mons
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2005 :  03:18:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me too, just found out my girl fucked my best friend. It hasn't sunk in yet. All those old pixies songs that i would sing along to with her. Dam her.

into the mountains i will fall.
Go to Top of Page

Jordo
- FB Fan -

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2005 :  11:56:05  Show Profile  Visit Jordo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pixies is one of the few things I could listen to, because she liked solo frank black more than the pixies...But pixies is too violent and stomach turning now...I need something a little bit gentler, cause I feel like I'm on the verge of throwing up all the time

Jordan

my music! my music!
Go to Top of Page

frank black conspiracy
~ Abstract Brain ~

1126 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2005 :  12:28:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jesus guys. You've had a rough couple of days.

grab a few friends and indulge in whatever vices turn you on. try something new. take a toke.
before you know it you'll be far from single and wishing you were.

ain't life shit at times. Girls too. i totally sympathise and you have my empathy.
been there, had it broken, glued it together, broke it again.
one day it sinks in these are the times that shape us for the future. then we smile.

what you feel now, it will go away.
Go to Top of Page

misterwoe
= Cult of Ray =

Greece
675 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2005 :  13:53:09  Show Profile  Visit misterwoe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stymie

Just wondering if anyone else has feelings where you can put your life experiences and situation's into a frank black song? Good or Bad? I turned my ex onto frank during SMYT and Honeycomb. Now when I listen to those albums it hurts. Other songs that come to mind that remind me of sadness or lost love are king and queen of siam, suffering, I don't wanna hurt you. Etc, Etc... How can I still enjoy this music without all the pain?

Gee...I can't wait until I get to listen to Honeycomb. Oh yeah, and I'm pretty sure I lost my virginity to Teenager of the Year. I really hate that girl as she turned out to be not only an aweful lay, but a compulsive liar. I still haven't stopped listening to that album though. Why would I do a thing like that?

FYI--the second and last time with this girl I put on queens of the stone age, songs for the def. Admittedly, I couldn't listen to that album for like two weeks.

How about some Ether?

Edited by - misterwoe on 02/23/2005 13:54:16
Go to Top of Page

dogjones
- FB Fan -

USA
142 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2005 :  14:28:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how about some prozac?

=p
Go to Top of Page

misterwoe
= Cult of Ray =

Greece
675 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2005 :  12:13:56  Show Profile  Visit misterwoe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
how about some chewable flinestone morphine?

Pablo Picasso never got called an asshole.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000