New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Superabounder
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2004 :  18:00:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was wondering how many members are in Pixies and/or FB tribute bands, and what kind of reaction you get when you perform. It seems like a lot of bios I've read mention playing in a band. I would like to start one in Dallas mainly just for the fun of playing FB music, but I've always wondered if anyone would actually go to listen to such a thing. There are a number of other tribute bands in this area that draw quite a few people (Beatles, Tom Petty, Grateful Dead, Queen). Any good stories or best moments out there?

frank black conspiracy
~ Abstract Brain ~

1126 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2004 :  04:33:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've played a few supporting gigs with my brothers band, but only around town and for local fund raisers. It was mainly warm up, bout 6 or 7 songs to pass the time but each one was a Frank song, except the last which was Pixies.

Luckily we knew most of the people there, but most thought they were original songs. My dad loved the distortion and few heads were bobbing. The biggest reaction were from my bros band members who were watching from the wings with their mates. They know exactly who Frank is so it went down well.

It was purely for my own amusement, andt it was real fun.

I'd love to be in an FB cover band, but don't you think everybody would wanna be Frank? Me too.

Go to Top of Page

Superabounder
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2004 :  21:33:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah I could see how most FB songs would fly beneath the radar and even be construed as originals. If only, right!?!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000