Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 All Over the World -- Pixies Live!
 How Long Do the Disclive Cds take to Come ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Flashing_Eyes
- FB Fan -

46 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2004 :  13:32:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alright, I ordered my disclive cd last wednesday morning for the Amherst show.I want to know how long i should expect to wait for disclive to ship the cd to my house.Has anyone else here gotten the Amherst live cd yet ? For people who ordered their disc online, how long did it take to come from the day ordered to when it arrived ?

triplett77
- FB Fan -

3 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2004 :  04:28:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately, I wouldn't expect it anytime real soon. I ordered the November 11th Minneapolis show the day after the show. I am still waiting for it. I have sent numerous e-mails to Disclive trying to find out when it will ship, but have gotten no response. I also sent an email to Immediatek over the weekend, apparently they own Dislive, and I got an e-mail back saying that somebody will contact me first thing Monday morning. I'll let you know what I hear.
Go to Top of Page

freakin phreak
- FB Fan -

161 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2004 :  07:06:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah i also ordered amherst on wednesday mornin, reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal early after i got back. sent disclive 2 emails, got nothing in return yet. i would like to know how long it takes too...
Go to Top of Page

frank_black_francis
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
895 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2004 :  14:45:05  Show Profile  Visit frank_black_francis's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I guess its reassuring that my credit card got charged....or is it?

www.jessedenatale.com
Go to Top of Page

skeleton man1
- FB Fan -

30 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2004 :  14:58:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i ordered the regina show 04.15.04 it took em about a month to deliver it so do not panic.
Go to Top of Page

triplett77
- FB Fan -

3 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  15:23:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just got an e-mail from Disclive. They told me that all of their CD's are shipped from a distribution center and that all orders were to be shipped on Wednesday, December 8th. If this is true, they should be arriving any day now. Let's hope so!
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  15:27:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks.... that's really cool...
Go to Top of Page

freakin phreak
- FB Fan -

161 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  16:52:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah i finally got that email, but when i checked my confirmation, it said it still hasnt been sent. hopefully they sent them and just forgot to update the confirmation.
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2004 :  19:45:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I just got this email. You might want to contact DiscLive if you don't recieve your orders by dec 15th.

"I apologize for the wait all of our pixies orders are sent to a distribution center. We spoke with them and they assured us that all orders would go out on Wednesday December 8, 2004. If you do not receive your CD by next Wednesday Dec 15 let us know and I will try a different route.

Thank you for your patience.

DiscLive "
Go to Top of Page

tt
- FB Fan -

70 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2004 :  18:31:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Received my 11/13/04 Live from Chicago today.... awesome!!!!

Seen them twice since and will see them 2 more times this week in NYC!
Go to Top of Page

Flashing_Eyes
- FB Fan -

46 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2004 :  17:09:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I oredered the 11/30/04 Amherst show Over two weeks ago, damn its taking a while to come!!!
Go to Top of Page

tenaciousv
- FB Fan -

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2004 :  21:11:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i placed my order on November 29th, and it still hasn't come! disclive's service is terrible, i will not make the mistake of ordering from them again.
Go to Top of Page

freakin phreak
- FB Fan -

161 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2004 :  21:20:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah i also ordered amherst and am waiting an extremely long time it seems.
or maybe im just really impatient. but i wont be ordering from them again, def try to download them off soulseek. thats not technically illegal right, considering they dont have the copyright for the songs and its the same as an audience taper?
Go to Top of Page

frank_black_francis
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
895 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2004 :  04:38:54  Show Profile  Visit frank_black_francis's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They said, in their 'Pixies FAQs' that the orders are being taken care of by MusicNow.
Go to Top of Page

Triakel
- FB Fan -

119 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2004 :  11:48:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Product:Pixies-Live in St. Paul 11.10.04 (pre-order).
Arrival: Dec. 20, 2004
Product condition: Fair-to-good. (Minor breakage of plastic in sleeve).
Interim: 5.5 weeks.
Grade: Quality "A"/Distribution "D-"
Go to Top of Page

theman
- FB Fan -

22 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2004 :  12:31:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Product: Pixies-Live in St. Paul 11.11.04 (pre-order).
Arrival: Dec. 20, 2004
Case condition: Fair. Front & back of black digipak has major wear. Looks just like the ringwear you'd see on an LP jacket.
CD condition: Bad/Good. Disc 1 is blank(!!), Disc 2 plays fine.
Audio: Disc 2 has mic/amp buzzing throughout several songs, but I guess we could blame that band for that one. Otherwise mix is heavy on the stage mics and not the audience.
Interim: 5.5 weeks.
Grade: Quality "B+"/Distribution "F" = Good, Bad & Ugly
Go to Top of Page

Flashing_Eyes
- FB Fan -

46 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2004 :  14:55:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Product- 11-30-04 (ordered 12-01-04)
Arrival- 12-28-04
Condition of cd: good
Audio: The only negative comment i can make is in the part of debaser where frank is going "got me a movie Ahhhhhhaaaho, slicing up eyeballs ahhhhhaaaaahho" the guitar in the background is mixed down to low so u can only hear FB's voice and only if u really try hard u can hear the guitars.
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2004 :  20:27:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah, mine was warn too and the cd holder on one was somewhat broken. but the cool thing is it sounds BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

DrWorm
- FB Fan -

81 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2004 :  11:56:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I ordered mine oct/nov as well and i'm still waiting...

"Mister, would you please help my pony? / I think it's his lung"
Go to Top of Page

aragon
- FB Fan -

3 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2005 :  07:29:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I ordered the 11/16 Pixies show from Chicago's Aragon theater back in November and was sent the 11/22 show from Detroit. I have tried to contact MusicToday several times and have connected with DiscLive more than several times. This has been the worst online experience that I have ever had. They still haven't corrected my order. What a sham.

Don't count on DiscLive to be able to complete your order correctly or on time. They suck.
Go to Top of Page

Guinardo
- FB Fan -

Canada
11 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2005 :  06:46:37  Show Profile  Visit Guinardo's Homepage  Click to see Guinardo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I can't believe how shitty Disclive (or whoever took over) is. I have sent 4 emails and they managed to give me some story about how "they weren't expecting so much response" from the public. Weren't they saying that in april of last year??

I had ordered my CD for the Montreal-November 26th show on the 25th (one day earlier) but I don't have a (functional) printer at home, which means I couldn't get the CD live at the gig. And so I waited. They told me "all orders have been shipped dec 8th". Total bullshit. They basically want to say "not our problem anymore". Well now its January 11 of the NEXT YEAR and I still haven't gotten my CD. I'm especially frightened by those posts here on the forum concerning people who got the wrong CD. When you add to that the fact that this is a 25 dollar CD (!!), it's outrageous.

THESE GUYS SUCK. Don't buy shit from them. Wait until a (competent) competitor shows up. Tell friends not to buy from them as well. They have NO excuse.

Ah, I feel somewhat better now.

Guinardo
Go to Top of Page

tenaciousv
- FB Fan -

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2005 :  20:32:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i got mine on Jan 6th, about 5.5 weeks after i ordered. I e-mailed them 3 times prior and each time they said they're not handling the shipping anymore sorry etc etc. and when i got it, the cd sleeve was creased in THREE places and it looked like there were fingerprints all over it as well, but in reality it was just worn out and weird looking.
Go to Top of Page

freakin phreak
- FB Fan -

161 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2005 :  18:17:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just picked mine up today b/c it was sent to my adress here at school and it arrived during mid semester break. apparently it arrived the 30th, so all in all it took a month. its not scratched up or damaged or anything, it looks and sounds great. i did break the case on opening it to get to the 2nd cd. oops

a day late, a dollar short
Go to Top of Page

Djarum
- FB Fan -

9 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2005 :  11:41:43  Show Profile  Visit Djarum's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I ordered the 11-15 show on 11-06, it's now 1-30 and no CDs. Bastards won't even reply to my emails or give me a refund. Thieves.
Go to Top of Page

struemper
- FB Fan -

1 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2005 :  21:11:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've eent emails, created tickets on the website, phone calls - nothing
So I'm contacting the BBB and I'm disputing the charge on my card.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000