F#07 Chord
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hawken
- FB Fan -

USA
178 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2004 :  08:25:10  Show Profile  Visit hawken's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know most chords on the guitar....an F#7 is a common and easy chord, but what's an F#07? I'm trying to figure out a progression and this is the only chord I'm not sure about and I can't find it in any chord books I have.

Does anyone know how to play this chord? Could you tab it for me? What is the significance of the 0 in F#07?

Any help would be appreciated.

hammerhands
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1592 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2004 :  15:02:41  Show Profile  Visit hammerhands's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think F#°7 is F# diminished 7th.

e-----5--
b--1--4--
g--2--5--
D--1--4--
A--------
E--2-----

Edited by - hammerhands on 10/29/2004 15:15:43
Go to Top of Page

Newo
~ Abstract Brain ~

Spain
2673 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2004 :  12:20:00  Show Profile  Click to see Newo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Diminished chords are symmetrical i.e., play one then play it three frets up you get the exact same notes in a different order, and any of the notes can be the root.

--

But whenever, as scholars sometimes do, I turned my back on books, declaring them to be the graveyards of the language, and sought contact with the simple folk, I encountered the little cannibals who lived in our building, and after brief association with them, felt very glad to get back to my reading in one piece.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2004 :  12:21:06  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's called an 'inversion'.

"Join the Cult of Frank 2.0 / And you'll be enlightened (free for 1.x members)"
Go to Top of Page

hammerhands
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1592 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2004 :  13:02:55  Show Profile  Visit hammerhands's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yah, if you keep moving three steps up and say things like, "First he tied her to a railroad track.", "Then a train whistle blew.", "She struggled and she struggled."
Go to Top of Page

hawken
- FB Fan -

USA
178 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2004 :  08:23:26  Show Profile  Visit hawken's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the help!
Go to Top of Page

mammynuns
- FB Fan -

85 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2004 :  15:14:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hammerhands

Yah, if you keep moving three steps up and say things like, "First he tied her to a railroad track.", "Then a train whistle blew.", "She struggled and she struggled."

or you can move them up by half steps and say things like, "Will Janice say yes to Maurice?" "Is Mrs. Sanders going to come out of that coma?" "Did Peter's dog really eat Susan's neighbors?" "Find out next week!"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000