Frank Black Live Mar 31 - Canada
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2004 :  12:25:29  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's right, if you're looking to see FB live again, Ticketmaster is reporting that he is playing Ontario's 25,000 seat Molson Centre.

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/10003909DEFBDF1C?brand=&artistid=841656&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

The word from above is, yes, you guessed it, this is a heckuva mistake. There's no way FB could fill the Molson Centre, love him though we do. But perhaps it's a sign that we'll get to see him tour to promote Honeycomb?

I'd love to hear the Catholics rock some of those up a little more <hint hint>.

"Join the Cult of Frank 2.0 / And you'll be enlightened (free for 1.x members)"

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2004 :  02:09:09  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is awesome and weird. Perhaps he's just opening for some well-known band? Let's say, David Bowie or something?

Denis

"I do feel sorry for people who don't collect records and obsess about music. Why? Because collecting, consuming and obsessing over music and records is very interesting. That's why." - Johan Kugelberg
Go to Top of Page

hammerhands
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1592 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2004 :  03:16:37  Show Profile  Visit hammerhands's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That doesn't appear to be The Molson Centre.

Edited by - hammerhands on 10/06/2004 03:43:22
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2004 :  07:20:37  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ah hahaha... I'm not sure if that made it more or less weird.

Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2004 :  07:21:42  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks like it's actually a 4,200 seat venue. Still pretty big for a FB solo gig, huh?

Denis

"I do feel sorry for people who don't collect records and obsess about music. Why? Because collecting, consuming and obsessing over music and records is very interesting. That's why." - Johan Kugelberg
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6013 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2004 :  12:30:35  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
pfff, the dark side clouds everything
impossible to read future is

I really want to know what the deal is here

"I joined the Cult of Serge/'Cause he invented indierock before Frank did"
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2004 :  12:47:56  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It could be something as silly as Ticketmaster assigning the wrong artist ID to the event or something and it's really a show for some other band. Or it could be that they got the wrong venue. All I know is that this is "a whopper of a mistake".

Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2004 :  15:12:52  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
richard presley posted on the breeders forum that he is meeting up w/ the pixies this week to hang out with kim for 10 days or so to write some new breeders stuff w/ kim. that would make me assume that the breeders will be recording something new at some point in the not-too-distant future, which would give charles time to do some honeycomb touring.

-brian

- "I joined the Cult of Frank / And they tried to cut off my nuts and make me put on a blue jumpsuit"
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6013 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2004 :  03:21:00  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yeah, the breedes already have something new in the can, right?
The Pixies probably have a couple of months off next year
I can't say that's a bad thing
(although I hope they will team up again later)

"I joined the Cult of Serge/'Cause he invented indierock before Frank did"
Go to Top of Page

Cheeseman1000

Iceland
8201 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2004 :  03:48:19  Show Profile  Visit Cheeseman1000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Maybe its a Pixies/FB/Breeders mega-show.

Mmmmm....

"You ever seen a man say goodbye to a shoe?"
"Yes, once..."
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2004 :  11:34:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, I know where to go for my year out! Wooh!

But seriously, sounds like a mistake.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000