Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2005 :  12:18:29  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by apl4eris

I thought you might like Andrew Bird. I recommend you check out "Oh! The Grandeur". There's all sorts of musical types on his early albums, but they all contain great fiddle playing. He was a classical violinist with a pretty remarkable schoolin, but he does the old swingin and gypsy folk styles so well.

I also have a feeling you might like his more recent work too, it's a little more accessible, less of the older music styles. They're a great band live. Feel free to email me if you'd like some more of his stuff.

Lon the Fisherman has wooden legs, but real feet.

I'm going to be getting into some more of this stuff soon as I get my pooter running again. I definitely like that track!

"Join the Cult of Frank / Seriously."
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2005 :  12:20:20  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've still got a few discs to spin yet. Jen disc 3 and then Brian or Em's are on the chopping block.

"Join the Cult of Frank / Seriously."
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2005 :  13:04:07  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i too promise detailed reviews soon. i'll start with psychic twin's and move forward. in the next few weeks...

-Brian

If you move I shoots!

Go to Top of Page

ObfuscateByWill
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1887 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2024 :  20:54:38  Show Profile  Visit ObfuscateByWill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
These CD swaps have come to mind lately. Truly of a time passed. I hope everyone is doing well.

*Take a bite of the chocolate coffin.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2024 :  08:06:51  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I still have lots of Andrew Bird in my music library plus the playlist (the new mix tape) of Brian's CD...

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000