Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Here Comes Your Subbacultcha
 Can we stop it with all the chilis bashing?!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  11:20:21  Show Profile
Popularity dos'nt always(or usually, even) equate with goodness...although I suppose it's subjective. Alotof people like The Beatles, but then a lot of people like Justin Timberlake.

CARL.

"ME TOO!"
Go to Top of Page

flim flam
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  12:32:42  Show Profile  Visit flim flam's Homepage  Click to see flim flam's MSN Messenger address
wayyyyyyyyy overrated

They're not a bad band, but not that great either, especially live.

Go to Top of Page

MrSelfDestruct
- FB Fan -

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  14:12:31  Show Profile
ill have to agree with most people on this topic...the chilis were good when they first came out but went downhill, for the most part, from there. i say for the most part cause i did like a lot of stuff on One Hot Minute.

and im not joining the chili bashing because im a pixies fanatic and only listen to pixies or indie bands. there a lot of bands that are mainstrem that i thuroughly enjoy. just not the chilis.

to me the music they make now is not very ground breaking. its been done. and the vocals im sorry to say could just as easily be put on a backstreet boys or nsinc album

Edited by - MrSelfDestruct on 02/20/2004 14:17:30
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  15:49:05  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Stevio10

the albums By The Way and Californication have both been played to death pretty much. My favourite song by the "new chilis" (just like new labour, gone are their roots to attract new fans) is "Cabron" because it sounds like whispering weeds.

dude, you are so right about cabron! i like that song too. i wouldn't be a fan of the chilis so much, but i'd have to say i like 'em a bunch more than the foo fighters. y'know, they know what a tune is. i don't know why, but otherside is probably in my top 100 favourite songs. i think i liked the rhcp a bit about 3 years ago, so i guess that song holds some sort of sentimental value...
Go to Top of Page

Mr DNA
- FB Fan -

27 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  18:41:26  Show Profile
I don't see why you guys are calling them a bad live band...I saw them a few months ago, and they were really great. Their set was indeed pretty short, but it was fun the whole time. No downers at all. All four of those guys are great musicians, they have great chemistry.

But I do agree that they should at least be Co-Headlining, if not opening for the Pixies. Just out of principle. One of the most influental bands in recent memory reunites, they shouldn't be opening for ANYONE.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000