Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Steak n Sabre
* Dog in the Sand *

Uzbekistan
1013 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2004 :  10:55:36  Show Profile  Visit Steak n Sabre's Homepage
The first song at the first show they play will be.... Tame.

I'll be waiting til they get to the Midwest somewhere, and if they don't, I'll just buy the "Behind the Making Of The Pixies Re-union Gone Wild" DVD.

The Cult of Frank: More Than You Think, For Less Than You Thought.
Go to Top of Page

kromkamp
= Cult of Ray =

291 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2004 :  13:27:58  Show Profile
I cant imagine the rumored date in Belgium (Rock Wercher festival) is not also true then. So there's at least two dates. And I'm sure there will be more. Why would they reform for one show if they werent the headliners? That would be madness.
Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2004 :  17:37:03  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by gracie

I think they should confirm whether there are going to be other dates.
If thats the only date their playing then i might give some thought to going, even though it'll cost me an absolute fortune.
I would have to go for a holiday, but the desert doesn't sound like that much fun.

Its almost certain that they'll do at least some dates in England... isn't it, tell me it is.

Thats what I am thinking, they are bound to do a date in the UK. Saying that going to see the Pixies in LA would be great, and probably not much more expensive than going to see them in the UK (maybe even cheaper if I can find somewhere to stay for free). The only problem that I have about LA is that if they are not headlining, then at festivals this usually means that a band will play for 45mins to an hour.... thats a f*ck of a long way to go, and a lot of money spent for only an hours worth of music from your favorite band.

Obviously if they do a headlining tour in the UK then that would be great as you'd get almost two hours out of them and you could attend a few dates on the tour.... hmmm decisions decisions, and the wife in three days time is not happy about that fact that I am even considering it.

Who's the man that won't cop out when there's danger all about?
Go to Top of Page

Jason
* Dog in the Sand *

1446 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2004 :  21:29:00  Show Profile
if they tour, here's hoping some smart label out there has made a deal to record and release a reunion live album.
Go to Top of Page

usernick
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2004 :  16:17:16  Show Profile  Click to see usernick's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by kromkamp

I cant imagine the rumored date in Belgium (Rock Wercher festival) is not also true then. So there's at least two dates. And I'm sure there will be more. Why would they reform for one show if they werent the headliners? That would be madness.

There's more info on that http://www.festivalinfo.nl/festival_detail.php?festival_id=1996

l8rs,

Nick ;)
Go to Top of Page

TheCroutonFuton
- Mr. Setlists -

USA
1728 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2004 :  18:48:49  Show Profile  Visit TheCroutonFuton's Homepage
Uh...so I have a horrible herxheimer and when I come back the Pixies are supporting Radiohead?! What the fuck is happening? Is the world coming to an end? The sky isn't blood-red, though...

"Join the Cult of Gunn / And Then You'll Be Destined to be a Rock and Roll Star of Epical Proportions!"
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2004 :  03:21:59  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
Uhm, the werchter-site doesn't mention the pixies yet,
but almost all the unofficial werchter sites do

I'll keep my fingers crossed

"I joined the Culf of Frank/ And now I do not know what...to do"
Go to Top of Page

humpy-wheeler
- FB Fan -

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2004 :  14:12:36  Show Profile
I'm sure they don't care if they aint headlining. Their paycheck for this show is probably going to be awesome! Which is cool; I mean I think I read something recently where Frank alluded to the fact that a Pixies reunion would be a big financial help with his recent divorce and all. It's nice to be a purist but I would think at times you gotta realize that that's all these guys do for a living and they may not be as well off as a lot of us think they are, and the older they get the more they realize how necessary security (financial or otherwise) is. This will also most likely mean more money to pour back into some coming Catholic/Breeders projects and whatever else. The most I'm hoping for from the actual reunion is that maybe things will go well enough between them that they will do their own tour so we won't haft to get financially fucked in the fannys by these festival organizers. A festival during summer in the California desert and you can't even bring your own water, so stand in lines from here to the moon to pay some exhorbitant price? FUCK THAT! I wish all the best for the band though, a cream dream would be a new album but I guess we should wait for them to play their first show before postulating about that.

Edited by - humpy-wheeler on 01/17/2004 14:24:04
Go to Top of Page

whoreatthedoor
> Teenager of the Year <

Spain
2873 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2004 :  05:52:55  Show Profile
I've heard on the radio that Pixies will reunite in Benicassim Festival (August, Spain) also with Radiohead and Kraftwerk. I don't believe a word. Kinda Suspicious.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000