New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sgirl
- FB Fan -

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  17:54:24  Show Profile
whoever did not physically go to a ticketmaster outlet to line up and get tickets was really taking a risk..and probably didnt get tickets.
for any important show {pixies or otherwise} my advice is to actually go to a ticketmaster counter in person.

Amazed
- FB Fan -

178 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  18:04:12  Show Profile
Did you just wake up from a 7 year sleep?
Go to Top of Page

Jefery With One F
- FB Fan -

Canada
184 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  18:15:21  Show Profile
Tickets purchased by people physically lined up: 0

Tickets purchased by people who were not physcially lined up: all of them
Go to Top of Page

sgirl
- FB Fan -

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  19:04:07  Show Profile
what are you guys talking about? i got tickets from going to ticketmaster and so did 3 of my friends. and what it sounds like from all of you on this forum...is that none of you got tickets.
so keep your lame insults and i guess i WONT BE SEEING YOU AT THE SHOW!
Go to Top of Page

kottke
- FB Fan -

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  19:11:00  Show Profile
That comment is false, sgirl. People got tickets both ways. And the people who need tickets are posting here, not typically the other way around. Due to sheer volume availability and speed, most tickets were purchased online. But I am sure you have friends who got tickets lined up. Congrats to you and them! (I got mine online.)

"He bought me a soda"
Go to Top of Page

sgirl
- FB Fan -

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  19:16:45  Show Profile
kottke: yeah, i totally agree with you. people got tickets both ways. not zero in-person. that guy is just jealous.
and i will tell you that i had a few friends that used to work for ticketmaster, and their advice to me was for any important show you should go directly to ticketmaster.
it worked for me,. so that's all i can advise anyone.
i wasn't looking for insults from the ignorant.
Go to Top of Page

TheCroutonFuton
- Mr. Setlists -

USA
1728 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  19:18:41  Show Profile  Visit TheCroutonFuton's Homepage
Ummm...sgirl...what was the point of this topic, anyways? It seems like a "HAHA! You're jealous that I got tickets because you don't have any just like everyone else on this shitty forum! I WON'T BE SEEING YOU AT THE SHOW!"

.....Amazing how many new members come on and start topics like this...

"Join the Cult of Gunn / And Then You'll Be Destined to be a Rock and Roll Star of Epical Proportions!"
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  19:31:03  Show Profile
While it is true that people are more likely to post if they didn't get tickets, the success rate reported in the Winnipeg thread seemed much greater than that in the Vancouver one. In fact, immediately after the sale there seemed to be about twice as many successes as failures reported for Winnipeg, whereas in Vancouver there seemed to be much less than a 50% success rate.

I'm not sure about the point of this thread either, but figured I'd throw in my view of the facts.
Go to Top of Page

sgirl
- FB Fan -

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  20:03:48  Show Profile
To: CroutonFuton,

yeah, you're right, i was mad because i just hate ignorant insults to a post that was honestly meant as just a tip. i mean, if friends that WORK at ticketmaster told me to go there, i believe them {and my efforts paid off}. i just put that out there {if you look at the original topic starting post} to honestly give anyone a tip.
i didn't mean to imply that everyone here were ticket-less losers,...just maybe those two who responded in obvious jealousy or just misery of their own lives.

Go to Top of Page

One_Angry_Dwarf
- FB Fan -

57 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  20:36:44  Show Profile
Sure, going to the kiosk is great if the employees were capable of showing up on time. I got screwed by that, I was the first person in line and didn't get any because of that incompetent fool. I wrote TicketMaster and managed to score two tickets that way. The only truth in this is that the people who really wanted tickets got shafted completely while scalpers and hipster wannabes got the huge majority of them. When some asshole is auctioning off their tickets on eBay in Britain, then there is a huge problem.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000