With all due respect Mr. Frank Black...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

i_bleed
- FB Fan -

27 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  08:15:11  Show Profile
... fuck you and your small ass venues...

"when you look at the sky in a poetic kind of way..."

mrgrieves1971
= Cult of Ray =

USA
544 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  08:34:42  Show Profile
What do you propose?
Go to Top of Page

pudmeister
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  08:47:41  Show Profile
Small venues are the best, only big sell-out commercial rock bands play huge arenas and shit.

Im so glad theyre playing brixton over here, its the perfect venue.

"Looking through the eye of a pig I see it all" - Cypress Hill
Go to Top of Page

i_bleed
- FB Fan -

27 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:19:25  Show Profile
A Manilli Vanilli reunion tour would probably sell out at some of these venues...

Go to Top of Page

Itchload
= Cult of Ray =

USA
891 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  13:05:47  Show Profile
Yeah, it'd be a blast going to see 4 little ants on a stage and pay 700 dollars for an arena seat.
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  13:14:53  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
You guys do realize that these dates leading up to the Coachella show are WARM-UP dates, right? Do you understand the VERY COMPLEX and CONFUSING concept behind WARM-UP dates? They're basicly public rehearsals. This isn't the only North American tour for god's sakes...get a fucking grip.

"Join the Cult of Brit / And let your oral hygiene go out the window."
Go to Top of Page

Douglas
= Cult of Ray =

Sweden
308 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  04:58:59  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by pudmeister

Small venues are the best, only big sell-out commercial rock bands play huge arenas and shit.

Shit! They sold out then. I'm seeing them open for RHCP in Paris in a huge arena!
Go to Top of Page

gk128
- FB Fan -

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  06:05:50  Show Profile
Yes, these are only warm-up dates. When they do a full North American tour I'd like to see them play 10,000 seat arenas. Not too large and not too small.

My CD List:
www.cd-tracker.com/~gk128
Go to Top of Page

miles_hi
- FB Fan -

11 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  09:57:32  Show Profile
with all due respect i bleed your an IDIOT i mean who in would complain about the venue if you don't like it stay home! stop whining!!! you sound like a star wars fan who won't be able to see the original cut on dvd!!
miles
Go to Top of Page

gk128
- FB Fan -

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  12:59:03  Show Profile
Well it is kinda sad that we can't get both the origional and "Special Edition" cuts of Star Wars in the DVD boxed set.

Damn you Lucas! Damn you!

My CD List:
www.cd-tracker.com/~gk128
Go to Top of Page

Itchload
= Cult of Ray =

USA
891 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  14:37:35  Show Profile
My theory on Lucas: Midway through the filming of Return of the Jedi (when Lucas was about to bring the puppets in) the real skinny Lucas was kidnapped by a doppleganger Lucas (the fatter one with the monsterous chin) and resumed control. Since then this evil twin has been hell bent on destroying the Lucas legacy. He tried to ruin Jedi with puppets but failed. He tried to re-edit all the films putting in crappy computer animation and unnecessary new scenes, but STILL failed to destroy the legacy. So, finally, evil twin Lucas realized the only way to do it would be to make totally new unbelievably vile and disgusting films in the Star Wars trilogy. Here he has succeeded, soon he will take over the world...all the while a perfectly sane svelt Lucas is in a closet weeping and cursing god.
Go to Top of Page

i_bleed
- FB Fan -

27 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  15:18:21  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by miles_hi

with all due respect i bleed your an IDIOT i mean who in would complain about the venue if you don't like it stay home! stop whining!!! you sound like a star wars fan who won't be able to see the original cut on dvd!!
miles

I over-react sometimes, get all manic like... and I honestly meant "with all due respect" to Mr. Black. Just because I don't fall in line with the usual fan mindset doesn't give you the right to judge me an idiot, you don't even know me. I will make that short 21 hour drive to Saskatoon to see them live since I was fortunate enough to get tickets for that venue. It's well worth the effort to see them live and am hoping I can find some tickets on Ebay or maybe here for the Regina show to make it really worth while. I got friends in Minneapolis I can crash at and probably take along, so that'll make the trip more bearable. I don't think I'd put forward this much effort to see any other band other than maybe the Grateful Dead when Jerry Garcia was still alive. Sorry if I offended anyone with my original post...

Go to Top of Page

miles_hi
- FB Fan -

11 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  16:01:59  Show Profile
i bleed

sorry for calling you an idiot.
it's just bugs me when ppl complain.
i never got to see them live so i would see them any where
and be happy!

miles
Go to Top of Page

freakforfrank
- FB Fan -

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  16:22:22  Show Profile
The small venues are soooo much better...I saw FB&C two consecutive nights in Vancouver, hung around after the first show, actually got the man's autograph...after you see your favourites up so close that you can see the sweat dripping off 'em, you may never want to go to another bigger venue event again.

saskatchewan is a lot like Nebraska, except wheat instead of corn. Maybe I'll see you in Saskatoon.
Go to Top of Page

Picapiedra
- FB Fan -

121 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  21:39:32  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by freakforfrank

The small venues are soooo much better...I saw FB&C two consecutive nights in Vancouver, hung around after the first show, actually got the man's autograph...after you see your favourites up so close that you can see the sweat dripping off 'em, you may never want to go to another bigger venue event again.

saskatchewan is a lot like Nebraska, except wheat instead of corn. Maybe I'll see you in Saskatoon.

And man can Frank sweat too. Sometimes some big burly scottish eye brows would come in pretty handy. I'm sometimes surprised that he can even keep a grip on that guitar. Small venues are the best!
-roger.

"Drug run'n on this Panamanian schooner."

Edited by - Picapiedra on 02/23/2004 21:40:48
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000