New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pjcoble
- FB Fan -

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2004 :  08:33:33  Show Profile
This is my first post to the board, I have been reading on it for a little while now and find it pretty damn interesting. Anyway, is there any recent news about Frank and the Catholics doing any kind of tour in the states - specifically the east coast. I've seen him 4 times now in D.C. and it's always a very big treat!

[Relocated]

Edited by - Cult_Of_Frank on 01/20/2004 08:38:19

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2004 :  08:37:52  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
No news yet, but keep an eye out... welcome aboard.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

ramona
"FB Quote Mistress"

USA
3988 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2004 :  08:50:16  Show Profile  Visit ramona's Homepage
I wish people would title topics like this with a question mark. As in "Frank Black on tour in the U.S.?" It's misleading otherwise!

"Music does not drag me down. Music lifts me up." - Frank Black
Go to Top of Page

Whiskeyshoes
- FB Fan -

67 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2004 :  09:09:58  Show Profile
I agree with Ramona, don't tease us like that.

WS
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2004 :  15:23:52  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
Well, back in the fall I heard they were supposed to tour the US this Spring. With the Pixies rumors abound, that doesn't seem very likely.

"I joined the Cult of Clops / If I were you, I'd sleep with one eye open."
Go to Top of Page

ramona
"FB Quote Mistress"

USA
3988 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2004 :  16:08:40  Show Profile  Visit ramona's Homepage
Yeah, I agree. Crapper.

I'm so depressed.
Go to Top of Page

hawken
- FB Fan -

USA
178 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  07:33:06  Show Profile  Visit hawken's Homepage
Am I the only one who thinks this 11 date North America stuff is shit? Come on you get back together after 10 years and play 11 dates, most in Canada!?! WTF? Not even a show in Boston? East Coast? I really hope that after Europe they come back and do right by the US and give us a proper tour. I would love to see the Catholics just as much but if the oppertunity is out there I would also love to get a chance to see a band that I thought I had missed out on live.
Go to Top of Page

ramona
"FB Quote Mistress"

USA
3988 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  10:39:23  Show Profile  Visit ramona's Homepage
There seem to be about 87 topics about how the Pixies are not playing a show on the East Coast, so I only have two things to say in response - 1. Isn't this topic about the Catholics? 2. I think it is fair to say that they WILL play some East Coast dates, if you've been patient for this long - you could probably wait a couple more months. At least I would hope so.

"Music does not drag me down. Music lifts me up." - Frank Black
Go to Top of Page

PsychicTwin
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1772 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  11:26:29  Show Profile  Visit PsychicTwin's Homepage
pjcoble-

What shows have you seen in DC? Three of the five times I have seen FB&C have been in DC. Twice at the Black Cat, and once at the 930 club (can't recall exact dates right now)
Go to Top of Page

hawken
- FB Fan -

USA
178 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  13:35:54  Show Profile  Visit hawken's Homepage
Yeah, sorry about that....I didn't search around enough before posting. I certainly hope they come back with some more dates, I'll try to be patient. I see you folks talking DC shows (I live in Fairfax)....though I haven't yet caught FB&TCs out here I am heading out to the Black Cat tonight to see The Shins!! Any Shins fans around here?
Go to Top of Page

PsychicTwin
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1772 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2004 :  10:28:19  Show Profile  Visit PsychicTwin's Homepage
hawken-

Fairfax, eh? Same here... I live right next to Pickett shopping center.

And I hit up the Black Cat a great deal.
Go to Top of Page

pjcoble
- FB Fan -

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2004 :  16:12:37  Show Profile
psychictwin-
I saw him on the Cult of Ray tour at 930 club, it was packed! Then FB and the Catholics 1st album tour right after it came out and no one seemed to know about it. It was a Sunday night I believe, and 930 was empty. My buddy and I stood right next to the stage looking straight up at the band -- incredible! Again at 930 the Pistolero tour, again it was packed! That was the best Frank show I have ever seen - they were completely on time. Finally, I saw them again on the DW/BLD tour I guess in Nov. of 2002 at the Black Cat. That was great show, I like the intimacy of that club. None of the shows ever let me down a bit, they were all like being in a temple; kind of surreal.
Go to Top of Page

hawken
- FB Fan -

USA
178 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  06:52:36  Show Profile  Visit hawken's Homepage
quote:
Fairfax, eh? Same here... I live right next to Pickett shopping center.

PsychicTwin, good to see another Fairfax local on the board. I grew up in Mantua so I used to live right by where you are now. I went to WT Woodson (class of 96), crazy stuff. I actually live in Oakton right now...about a mile from the Vienna metro.

I'm a big Black Cat fan...The Shins show was great and I bought tickets to see Broken Social Scene in March while I was there. I hope FB makes it back there soon.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000