New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

STITCHES
= Cult of Ray =

USA
915 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  14:41:04  Show Profile
I have a late era pixies show on vhs, but I have no idea the date or where it was. Does anyone think if I listed the setlist they might be able to pinpoint it? Or perhaps any other info that might help track down the date and location

------------------------
ALL I NEED IS THE AIR THAT I BREATHE,
AND TO LOVE YOU

mereubu
= FB QuizMistress =

USA
2677 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  17:27:56  Show Profile  Visit mereubu's Homepage
Yep, a setlist would help. Does it end with an encore of Tame?

"I joined the Cult of Frank / And all I got was this lousy icon"
Go to Top of Page

STITCHES
= Cult of Ray =

USA
915 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2004 :  06:51:42  Show Profile
I'll have to watch it again and check. I dont recall it having an encore at all (at least in so much as they never leave stage), but I'm fairly certain they do play Tame at some point

------------------------
AND TO LOVE YOU
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3422 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2004 :  06:58:32  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage
is it like a professional looking recording or has someone just taken their camcorder to the show.

the only one likely if it's professional, would be the Brixton Academy show from 26/06/91.
if it's a amateur recording, then it could be a few....though i think the videos of their last 2 shows ever are the most circulated of the late era shows...
Go to Top of Page

STITCHES
= Cult of Ray =

USA
915 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2004 :  07:06:02  Show Profile
oh, it's very amateur....I bought it from ebay for like 10 bucks, and it's just a recording of a recording. It didn't even come with a label

------------------------
AND TO LOVE YOU
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3422 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2004 :  07:55:50  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage
i was more referring to the picture/sound quality...
but i think we're talking about both anyways....

best thing probably to do would be is to watch it and jot down the setlist and then go over to www.pixieslive and have a look there for any that say were videod and play 'match-the-setlist'
Go to Top of Page

STITCHES
= Cult of Ray =

USA
915 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2004 :  08:39:12  Show Profile
oh yes, I'm definitely also referring to the quality. There are parts where the camera isn't even aimed at the band, just at what I assume is the floor (the screen goes black). If I didn't know the songs very well, I wouldn't be able to decipher lyrics at all. So nothing too hi-fi

------------------------
AND TO LOVE YOU
Go to Top of Page

deadlysludge
- FB Fan -

36 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2004 :  18:16:56  Show Profile
list the setlist if you could im curious about this video
Go to Top of Page

STITCHES
= Cult of Ray =

USA
915 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2004 :  08:19:54  Show Profile
I"ll have to watch it again this weekend and write down the songs.....I know it opens with 2 instrumentals in a row (I can't remember which ones).....it's kind of difficult for me to watch it too often because the video gives me a headache

------------------------
AND TO LOVE YOU
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3422 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2004 :  08:30:09  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage
well my bet would be this one then:
4/25/92 Pixies - The Commodore Ballroom - Vancouver, BC
Brick Is Red (instrumental), Cecilia Ann, Dancing The Manta Ray, Something Against You, Crackity Jones, Broken Face, Isla De Encanta, The Sad Punk, Wave Of Mutilation (UK Surf), Ana, Where Is My Mind?, Velouria, The Happening, Caribou, Subbacultcha, Rock Music, Debaser, Cactus, Monkey Gone To Heaven, The Navajo Know, Motorway To Roswell, Vamos, Mr. Grieves, Tame, Planet Of Sound, Bird Dream Of The Olympus Mons, Head On, U-Mass
Go to Top of Page

STITCHES
= Cult of Ray =

USA
915 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2004 :  08:32:33  Show Profile
that seems like more or less the songs, I'm just not exactly sure of the order. For some reason I dont think they closed with UMass though. I'll have to doublecheck this weekend. I'm sick so I probably won't be doing much else

------------------------
AND TO LOVE YOU
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3422 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2004 :  08:46:59  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage
well i'm not sure of the order either cause i nabbed that list from two reelers trade page, whereas pixieslive.com has got a totally different setlist:
04/25/92, Commodore Ballroom, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Setlist: 1. Letter To Memphis 2. Palace Of The Brine 3. Gouge Away 4. Rock Music 5. Stormy Weather 6. Velouria 7. Ed Is Dead 8. Monkey Gone To Heaven 9. Cactus 10. Here Comes Your Man 11. Dancing The Manta Ray 12. Manta Ray 13. Motorway To Roswell 14. Alec Eiffel 15. Weird At My School 16. Is She Weird 17. The Navajo Know 18. Mr. Grieves 19. Head On 20. Subbacultcha 21. Bird Dream Of The Olympus Mons 22. Planet Of Sound 23. Vamos 24. U-Mass

though, both end with U-mass being about the only similarity......
Go to Top of Page

STITCHES
= Cult of Ray =

USA
915 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2004 :  08:49:37  Show Profile
it's definitely NOT the second setlis. I can say that much

------------------------
THERE'S A TEAR IN MY BEER
'CAUSE I'M CRYING FOR YOU, DEAR
Go to Top of Page

IceCream
= Quote Accumulator =

USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  21:17:04  Show Profile  Visit IceCream's Homepage
Okay, this setlist posted below meets the following criteria:
1. Opens up with two instrumentals
2. Does not end with U-Mass
3. Is late era

02/05/92, The Ritz, New York, NY
Setlist: 1. Velvety (instrumental) 2. Brick Is Red (instrumental) 3. Something Against You 4. Ana 5. Cecilia Ann 6. Levitate Me 7. Stormy Weather 8. All Over The World 9. The Sad Punk 10. d = r x t 11. Subbacultcha 12. Here Comes Your Man 13. Dead 14. Manta Ray 15. Head On 16. U-Mass 17. Motorway To Roswell 18. Letter To Memphis 19. Palace Of The Brine 20. Planet Of Sound 21. Bird Dream Of The Olympus Mons 22. Trompe le Monde 23. Is She Weird 24. Caribou 25. The Holiday Song 26. Weird At My School 27. Nimrod's Son
Go to Top of Page

downtothewell.com
- FB Fan -

78 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  23:10:18  Show Profile  Visit downtothewell.com's Homepage
A few things:

- the setlist for 04/25/92 taken from two reelers page is definitely wrong; the setlist given on pixieslive.com is correct (the instrumental Brick Is Red was only played in sets at the beginning of '92)
- I think IceCream is right, the date is most likely the 02/05/92 one; the setlist given on pixieslive.com is incomplete (it's based on the bootleg Here We Come), the real show was something like 85 minutes. I've seen rumors of a video recording of that show, but never bothered to pursue it as I'm not really interested in anything but sound.

http://www.downtothewell.com
Go to Top of Page

STITCHES
= Cult of Ray =

USA
915 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2004 :  07:00:04  Show Profile
I think that's it....although I didn't have a chance to rewatch the video as I spent most of the weekend taking care of my girlfriend who's been sick....when I do I'll confirm or deny that it's the 2/5/92 show

------------------------
THERE'S A TEAR IN MY BEER
'CAUSE I'M CRYING FOR YOU, DEAR
Go to Top of Page

Levitated
= Cult of Ray =

Chile
652 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2004 :  09:58:00  Show Profile
and then maybe we can make a trade :)
Go to Top of Page

STITCHES
= Cult of Ray =

USA
915 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2004 :  10:11:18  Show Profile
mayhaps, my friend, mayhaps. Although be warned, the quality of this video is NOT the best

------------------------
MY LOVE IS LIKE A TICKING CLOCK--BERSERKER!
WOULD YOU LIKE TO SUCK MY COCK--BERSERKER!
Go to Top of Page

deadlysludge
- FB Fan -

36 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2004 :  10:18:43  Show Profile
id love to trade for a copy of the video also if you have the time, dont mind the semi-bad quality got some good pixies vhs to trade
Go to Top of Page

Levitated
= Cult of Ray =

Chile
652 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2004 :  17:27:50  Show Profile
It doesn't matter the quality :), I really hope that the show is 2/5/92 Can you confirm that? And if it is 04/25/92 i would trade it anyway because i don't have it.

Greetings.
Go to Top of Page

Jefery With One F
- FB Fan -

Canada
184 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2004 :  08:16:40  Show Profile
The quality that you describe sounds a lot like the Ritz show I have on VHS. Are there also countless shots of the back of some guy's head and the band's speakers?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000