New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

whoreatthedoor
> Teenager of the Year <

Spain
2873 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  01:47:40  Show Profile
Friedrich Nietzsche, Probably the most clever man in history (Well, exempting Frank...), said something like this: "Reading my books is a dangerous thing to do. When you've done it, all the other writings seem weak and empty". Same thing happens with The Pixies records. I used to hear music on my way to job/home. I usually change my music twice a week. Since I've met The Pixies, I must insert between two "normal" records a Pixies one: I'm addicted!!! Does it dissapear with time or I need therapy? There are Anonymous Pixie-Addicted reunions somewhere? Thank you for your helping.

Erebus
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1834 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  08:30:27  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by whoreatthedoor

Friedrich Nietzsche, Probably the most clever man in history (Well, exempting Frank...), said something like this: "Reading my books is a dangerous thing to do. When you've done it, all the other writings seem weak and empty". Same thing happens with The Pixies records. I used to hear music on my way to job/home. I usually change my music twice a week. Since I've met The Pixies, I must insert between two "normal" records a Pixies one: I'm addicted!!! Does it dissapear with time or I need therapy? There are Anonymous Pixie-Addicted reunions somewhere? Thank you for your helping.

Regarding Nietzsche, agreed, quite possibly the cleverest ever, and deepest with respect to insight into human nature and condition. Quote sounds like something from "Ecce Homo". Regarding Frank & the Pixies, yes, I sometimes feel guilty for how often I play it, and wonder whether it's been long enough since I played it for friend X that I can now play it again.
Go to Top of Page

Picapiedra
- FB Fan -

121 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  22:00:44  Show Profile
I find myself just waiting for crap to come on the local radio so that I can fire up the pixies, breeders, or frank black. No, the addiction does not go away, Ever. And that's good. I got tired of every CD that I put in a 100 dic changer after a month. But a handful of Pixies CDs is forever.
-roger.

"Drug run'n on this Panamanian schooner."
Go to Top of Page

whoreatthedoor
> Teenager of the Year <

Spain
2873 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  10:34:54  Show Profile
I think it's taken from "Ecce Homo", but I'm not sure. Fridy is a good theme for a song, isn't it?. Weird, like a song about Alex Eiffel. If you, Frank, have a low inspiration time, try with this.

Wait a minute! There's already a Dandy Warhols song about him! Disappointing, a bad song for sure. I prefer "As cool as Kim Deal". Do you ever met, guys, a girl as cool as Kim Deal?
Go to Top of Page

neo-calanus
- FB Fan -

6 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  19:32:40  Show Profile
hi. i am barging in.

my name is neo-calanus, and since 2001, i have played the pixies continuously. in fact, i have played little else.

and i love this addiction. it's my favorite of all my addictions. and i don't feel hungover the next day. how cool.

Edited by - neo-calanus on 02/24/2004 19:33:24
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000