Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

glacial906
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  21:41:05  Show Profile
Hey Everyone,

Today some idiot ran me and my wife and child off the road into a ditch and now our car's totaled. Fortunately no one was hurt but it wrecked our car pretty good and his was even worse. I was on a two-lane road (it's a two-way street) turning left into the road that would take us home. Well, as I'm turning I get hit near the back left tire well by this huge SUV. What this moron had done was decided to pass about six or seven cars ahead of him by driving into the lane of oncoming traffic. I guess he figured he could hurry and pass everyone and then get back over, but he must've not noticed that we were turning left until too late. Anyway after I got hit his truck passed me, he lost control and crashed into the concrete rail of a small bridge. His truck actually went airborne according to my wife. I, on the other hand, tried to stop but the brakes locked up. I didn't know what else to do, because by this time I was also in the wrong lane of traffic, and if I didn't stop somehow I would crash into the other side of the bridge railing. So I just turned left, and crashed the car into a four- or five-foot ditch. It wasn't as big an impact as I thought it would be, but of course it scared the holy living crap out of my baby and wife, as well as me, and it ripped the front bumper almost completely off, hanging by only a little bit of metal on the right side. I think, given the circumstances, the decision I made turned out to be the best.

So of course some passers-by stopped and called the police, and the ambulance came, and the fire-trucks, but we didn't need to go to the hospital. I had actually smacked the side of my head on the driver's side window when the guy had initially hit the car, and it hurt a little, but it turned out to be okay. The police almost arrested the other driver for reckless endangerment because he admitted to such a stupid stunt as he had tried to pull. But, now his insurance will either have to pay for our car to get fixed (which will cost alot of money) or buy us a new car completely if the car is not able to be fixed.

The guy was very apologetic, (as well he should be) but I was still pretty pissed off and just about lost it with him on several occasions. I mean, the guy was alot older than me, probably in his forties or so; I'm more likely to be the bad driver! I never pulled any shit like that, though.

I don't really have any questions to pose in particular, I just felt like mentioning it, but of course any response would be welcome.

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  22:50:12  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
Fucking idiot. Here's my At Least list:

At least...
1) You are all alright
2) His car got totally fucked (hopefully?)
3) He didn't get away
4) His ass is gonna pay

Coulda made off much worse. I hate people who don't know how to fucking drive.

"Join the Cult of Brit / And let your oral hygiene go out the window."
Go to Top of Page

TheCroutonFuton
- Mr. Setlists -

USA
1728 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  22:56:23  Show Profile  Visit TheCroutonFuton's Homepage
hahahahhah I love your list, Jim...bahahhaaha very nice.

"Join the Cult of Gunn / And Then You'll Be Destined to be a Rock and Roll Star of Epical Proportions!"
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  22:58:02  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address
glad that nobody got hurt.sue his ass and take what you can get.fix you car(or better get a new one)and then get some more money.the best way to convince an idiot driver to behave is to make his idiocy an expensive sport.

join the cult of errol\and you can have a beer\without having to quit smoking
Go to Top of Page

glacial906
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  23:25:07  Show Profile
This guy actually works with mentally handicapped kids, too...he was really worried that the accident report would get back to his employers and he would lose his job.
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  10:21:04  Show Profile
Sorry to hear about your accident. I'm glad everyone is alright (yes, even the SUV guy - though he is still an idiot)

I've almost been in two accidents in the last week because

a) some stupid woman forgot to look both ways at a stop sign (I did not have a stop sign). I saw her starting to pull out, and her head did not even turn to look to the left. I would have hit her if I didn't anticipate her stupidity. I honked my horn for a good 4 seconds. I like being able to anticipate people's assholeness so I can have a good chunk of time to honk my horn at them.

b) And the same thing happened at a stop light the other day. This lady decided to make a right turn on red (which was legal of course) but I guess she decided she didn't want to see if, you know, a car was coming toward the intersection with a green light. Didn't even look, so I had to brake and change lanes quickly.

(sorry about the graphics)

Join the Devil's Workshop / And put the Cult of Frank out of business
Go to Top of Page

ShakeyShake
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1058 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  10:42:46  Show Profile
I think one of your headlights are broken

"I joined the Cult of Frank / 28:06:42:12"
Go to Top of Page

Adnan_le_Terrible
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1973 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  12:02:13  Show Profile  Visit Adnan_le_Terrible's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by glacial906

This guy actually works with mentally handicapped kids, too...he was really worried that the accident report would get back to his employers and he would lose his job.

That's a bullshit excuse, man, sue him !!!

Have some wine, please, don't run away.
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  15:12:04  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by ShakeyShake

I think one of your headlights are broken

"I joined the Cult of Frank / 28:06:42:12"

It was in daylight, so I think the sun is reflecting off the headlight, creating an illusion.

Join the Devil's Workshop / And put the Cult of Frank out of business
Go to Top of Page

frank_black_francis
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
895 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  03:24:23  Show Profile  Visit frank_black_francis's Homepage
Watch out for:
-people on cell phones
-old men with hats
-mathematicians
-soccer moms
-asians (sorry, but I live near a korean church and you should see them when church is over and they are all trying to leave, a sight to behold)
-australian aboriginals (I did not want to single out asians)
Go to Top of Page

bedrock_barney
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
871 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  07:16:57  Show Profile
Can someone enlighten me on how I should go about identifying mathematicians in cars!!

I can concur with old men although the one who crashed into me last month wasn't wearing a hat. After he had careered along the side of my car, denting every panel and removing the door mirror he climbed out of his car to apologise and announced that his slipper had got stuck under the brake pedal!

I hadn't the heart to be angry. He must have been 80 years old and was genuinely upset. I think the moment your slippers interfere with your driving it's time to hang up your keys for good.

"The Pixies are reforming?? / I say bring back Abba, ahaaa!!!"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000