New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

MikeW
- FB Fan -

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  16:33:26  Show Profile
Anyone ever heard of these ? Well, its nine Doolittle Theme Illustrated lyrics posters in an envelope stamped by 4AD. My friend Johnny Malta showed them to me the other day and offered to sell them to me for the price of $150.00 for the entire set. Is that a good price? He said he found these at Master Control studios in 1993, so it could have been something a Pixie left behind. He said $150 and they were mine but he also mentioned that maybe with this Pixies' reunion that if I could get them to sign em' it would bump up the value.
"It would be like having Sandy Koufax sign his rookie card". -JM-

Any input on this from anyone would be appreciated.

darwin
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  00:06:19  Show Profile
Baseball cards go down in value when you get them signed because they're no longer mint. At least that 's how it was 10 years ago when I collected cards.

$150 seems like alot of money, but it depends on how much you got. If you've got enough that you won't miss it, why not buy them. Not very helpful, sorry.
Go to Top of Page

misleadtheworld
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  01:21:04  Show Profile  Visit misleadtheworld's Homepage
i have a similar set, but they're Doolittle postcards. joey, kim, and black have signed the back of them. 4 surfer rosa postcards once sold for £40 on ebay once. i guess thats about $70.

Join my Cult of ~P~ / I have a logo and everything....
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  10:51:26  Show Profile
i've seen those . they're pretty great. you should do it.

you could get them all signed and frame them and then turn every room of your house into a Pixies shrine.
Go to Top of Page

mdisanto
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1140 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  11:37:59  Show Profile  Visit mdisanto's Homepage
isnt johnny malta the one that like robbed/stalked the pixies or something? or am i making thatup

-miked
Go to Top of Page

holidaysong
- FB Fan -

Ireland
164 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  13:47:31  Show Profile
who is Sandy Koufax? ...(confused)..
Go to Top of Page

MikeW
- FB Fan -

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  22:40:04  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by mdisanto

isnt johnny malta the one that like robbed/stalked the pixies or something? or am i making thatup

-miked

I think you are making that up. Koufax was a baseball player. I bought the 9 posters too. They are pretty great! I will frame them and put them up throughout my apt. $150 isnt bad, I dont think. There is some other stuff I may purchase but I got to check it out first.
Go to Top of Page

MrDOS
- FB Fan -

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  07:57:33  Show Profile
I have this set of Nine Posters from the Doolittle album. They are approximately 12" by 16". I believe that they were also made into a set of postcards, but there are definitely posters, as well. I don't think that $150 seems out of whack. I probably paid close to that much for the ones that I have - I bought them off of Ebay a couple years ago. Since they are 4AD and not Electra, I would assume they come from the UK. If you have any more questions about these posters, let me know.
Jeremy
Go to Top of Page

MrDOS
- FB Fan -

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  08:09:05  Show Profile
Okay, I just found my e-mail from purchasing them. I got them almost exactly a year ago and paid about $100 including shipping.
Jeremy
Go to Top of Page

Jettison
- FB Fan -

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  05:32:56  Show Profile  Visit Jettison's Homepage
i think malta is the guy with the alt. trompe mixes.

www.thecroakers.com
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000