Edmonton Show Info @ Red's
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rav75
- FB Fan -

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  17:31:54  Show Profile  Click to see rav75's MSN Messenger address
Hey all! Just called Blackbyrd Music on Whyte and they only have 100 tix for sale....when asking buddy if there have been a lot of inquiries...he said yes. The lady at Red's said the Pixies will come on at about 11 pm.

rav75
- FB Fan -

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  17:42:06  Show Profile  Click to see rav75's MSN Messenger address
By the way...the venue holds 2000...
Go to Top of Page

Crispy Water
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
819 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  13:08:29  Show Profile  Visit Crispy Water's Homepage
Listen will probably have tickets too...I just talked to the guy, and he said he's TOLD he'll be selling them, but they haven't walked into the store just yet.

I'd like to know why some Red's people already know when the band hits the stage and the ones I call can't even tell me whether minors will be allowed at the show. I gotta figure out whether to get my brother a ticket or not.

Nothing is ever something.
Go to Top of Page

rav75
- FB Fan -

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  13:56:29  Show Profile  Click to see rav75's MSN Messenger address
Hey Crispy,
If you haven't already found out...the show is 'no minors'. Which I'm kind of happy about, they won't have the caged off area as per usual...but I guess kinda stinks for your brother...

My suggestion, don't know if it will work, but head to Red's many many hours before, hang out, go bowling or something, then head into the show. I believe they only ID at the outer doors.

As for the knowledge...well I asked for ticketing and it sounded like I got the concert director...if you ask the peons, I don't think they have all the details....
Go to Top of Page

Crispy Water
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
819 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  15:01:19  Show Profile  Visit Crispy Water's Homepage
That's a good idea, getting him to go bowling first and just try to stick around. I'm sure he'll give it a shot. Actually, I guess he wouldn't have a wristband that way.

Go to Top of Page

Carolynanna
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  15:16:44  Show Profile
How come I never know these things?
So are you saying I don't have to wait til Saturday to buy tix?
You guys are getting me all panicked here!
Go to Top of Page

Crispy Water
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
819 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  15:19:12  Show Profile  Visit Crispy Water's Homepage
Nah, nothing yet. There will just be a few stores that will have tickets starting on Saturday.

Go to Top of Page

Carolynanna

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  15:36:31  Show Profile
But I can still buy them on Sat from ticketmaster right?
If not what stores are we talking about?
(Don't forget I'm old and don't know all these things like you young hep cats;)
Cuz if I miss this I will surely die!
Go to Top of Page

rav75
- FB Fan -

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  19:42:56  Show Profile  Click to see rav75's MSN Messenger address
Ticketmaster is still a go at 9:30 am. Blackbyrd Music on Whyte Ave. opens at 10 am and has 100 tix.

I think your best bet is to hook it up online. Oh yeah, Red's themselves are also selling the tix and I believe, don't quote me on this, they are selling at 10 am as well.

I read in the Journal yesterday that some jackass on Ebay is selling the Brixton tix for over $200!

Only shitty thing about ticketmaster, the kids going to Aerosmith the same night, their tix go on sale Sat. mornin' as well, may slow the site down a bit. Hope not.
Go to Top of Page

rav75
- FB Fan -

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  19:45:42  Show Profile  Click to see rav75's MSN Messenger address
oh and I totally forgot about the wristband thing...I'm sure the last time I was there the band was only for adults......don't know....
Go to Top of Page

rav75
- FB Fan -

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  23:20:04  Show Profile  Click to see rav75's MSN Messenger address
Anyone know who the 'guests' will be?
Go to Top of Page

Carolynanna

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  09:09:51  Show Profile
Who cares...;)

Thanks for the info guys.
Go to Top of Page

Crispy Water
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
819 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  11:01:05  Show Profile  Visit Crispy Water's Homepage
The show's no minors. I second the "who cares" as to who will be opening.

Carolyn, if Blackbyrd's out of your range, Listen (best music shop in town, you're not too old to appreciate that) is on 124 St./107 Ave. next to Popeye's. Freecloud usually has tickets for these shows too, it's across from Vic. Still, I'd try calling those places to make sure they'll have 'em. Red's will be selling for sure, they have 100 tickets available at 11:00 tomorrow morning, which is good. With that time stagger it gives the opportunity to get there if you're shut out elsewhere.

Go to Top of Page

Carolynanna

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  12:20:16  Show Profile
Thank you so much Crispy,
wish me luck!
Go to Top of Page

Carolynanna

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  08:48:36  Show Profile
Got'em!!!

yay
Go to Top of Page

rav75
- FB Fan -

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:09:38  Show Profile  Click to see rav75's MSN Messenger address
Nice work! I got 'em too. A buddy of mine just called, he got screwed at the ticketmaster line up....he also said a variety of people...from age 15 to 45....it'll be interesting. My vacation in Van begins today!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Carolynanna

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:26:25  Show Profile
heh, who lines up for tix anymore anyways.
Well I hope he works something out.
Go to Top of Page

twitchkid
- FB Fan -

3 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:28:50  Show Profile
Hi gang,

I'm a first-time poster, and I've found this forum to be super helpful for ticket info & tips. I'm also jazzed by the camaraderie & esprit de corps among us Pixies fanatics - you've seen all the posts under the main Winnipeg page (group? section? I dunno - I don't normally use discussion groups. But this is special.), so 'nuff said.

Anyways, what are the pre- and post-show plans for the fans?
Go to Top of Page

Amazed
- FB Fan -

178 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:30:07  Show Profile
Get fukd UP!!
Go to Top of Page

Carolynanna

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:36:30  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by twitchkid

Hi gang,

I'm a first-time poster, and I've found this forum to be super helpful for ticket info & tips. I'm also jazzed by the camaraderie & esprit de corps among us Pixies fanatics - you've seen all the posts under the main Winnipeg page (group? section? I dunno - I don't normally use discussion groups. But this is special.), so 'nuff said.

Anyways, what are the pre- and post-show plans for the fans?

We're having a party at your place,
we'll be expecting cocktails at 7
Go to Top of Page

johnny_4_president
- FB Fan -

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:51:13  Show Profile  Visit johnny_4_president's Homepage
had no luck getting tickets online,
looking for 2, will do what it takes in money and effort,
morningwood@hotmail.com
thanks in advance, y'all rule. peace.

-> Disponibile <-
Go to Top of Page

twitchkid
- FB Fan -

3 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:51:57  Show Profile
Heh, heh - to quote a memorable Girls Against Boys lyric, "I'd invite you back to my place for a drink / But I don't got a place". I'm flying in from way, way out of town & I'm unfamiliar with the 'legendary' West Ed. Mall - any decent pubs in or near the vicinity?
Go to Top of Page

rav75
- FB Fan -

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  11:42:21  Show Profile  Click to see rav75's MSN Messenger address
sadly no...west ed and the west end of edmonton is no good for pubbing. your best bet is to head out to whyte ave....centre of town....to various places, my haunt is the black dog...there iss obyrne's, the Strathcona, dingy hole in the wall, the Commie, Savoy.....
...but if you are cabbing...you're looking at a $40 cab ride....

...there is an Elephant and Castle in the mall.....
Go to Top of Page

Crispy Water
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
819 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  22:21:35  Show Profile  Visit Crispy Water's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Carolynanna

I'll tell ya who still lines up, I do! That's why I have no tickets - wrestling tickets went on sale at the same time and there was a sick lineup. My buddy and I got shut out at Ticketmaster, so we went to Red's to give it another shot. Well, there were lines formed at both the inside and outside doors; someone even came out to take a picture of the lineup. Then at 11:00 they opened the doors and it was a mad scramble to the ticket booth; even after spotting a friend and leapfrogging the better part of the line we got nothing. It must have been the guy three spots ahead of us in line, got the very last ones.

So yeah, bottom line: I don't have tickets. If any scalper is reading, you've got a sure sale right here. If anyone here is planning the trip with an extra ticket, you've got a free place to stay in Edmonton, and I'll keep you filled with quality Canadian beer. If that's not your thing, I'll hand-squeeze you a gallon of orange juice. Whatever, name it.

I'm pretty bummed.

Go to Top of Page

Carolynanna

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  08:43:05  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Crispy Water

quote:
Originally posted by Carolynanna

I'll tell ya who still lines up, I do! That's why I have no tickets - wrestling tickets went on sale at the same time and there was a sick lineup. My buddy and I got shut out at Ticketmaster, so we went to Red's to give it another shot. Well, there were lines formed at both the inside and outside doors; someone even came out to take a picture of the lineup. Then at 11:00 they opened the doors and it was a mad scramble to the ticket booth; even after spotting a friend and leapfrogging the better part of the line we got nothing. It must have been the guy three spots ahead of us in line, got the very last ones.

So yeah, bottom line: I don't have tickets. If any scalper is reading, you've got a sure sale right here. If anyone here is planning the trip with an extra ticket, you've got a free place to stay in Edmonton, and I'll keep you filled with quality Canadian beer. If that's not your thing, I'll hand-squeeze you a gallon of orange juice. Whatever, name it.

I'm pretty bummed.

Ah that sucks Crispy!

I am so stupid, I bought'em online and they said you could purchase 4 but I only bought 2, what a dummy....
Especially after what I hear I could get for them!
Just kidding but I hope you find some.
Go to Top of Page

grlmopz1
- FB Fan -

6 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  09:33:35  Show Profile
Hey there.

I've got an extra Vancouver ticket for Friday night that I'd be willing to trade for an Edmonton ticket. Can anyone help me???
Go to Top of Page

Luka Brassi
- FB Fan -

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  11:02:12  Show Profile  Click to see Luka Brassi's MSN Messenger address
Here's my ticket buying experience for the Edmonton show. I wanted 2 tix for the Red's show and was only able to get 1. I tried online at 9:30am and got skunked. Then I called Reds ticket line at 11am from what I can tell I got the last ticket (cause they could only sell me 1 ticket even though i asked for 2) and this was around 11:05 so it took less than 5 minutes to sell the 100 tickets Reds had.

Also if the doors open at 7pm what time do you think The Pixies will hit the stage? I doubt I'll want to check out the opening band, but I definitely don't want to miss the pixies coming on stage. I'm thinking about showing up at around 7:30 to 8pm.
Go to Top of Page

rav75
- FB Fan -

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  18:27:01  Show Profile  Click to see rav75's MSN Messenger address
When I called the organizer they said Frank & co will be coming on roughly around 11 pm......
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000