Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 All Over the World -- Pixies Live!
 anybody want to do the whole n.a. tour with me?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

felix jones
- FB Fan -

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  10:35:21  Show Profile
hopefully, i'm going to go to all 12 north american pixies shows. it would be a huge help if i could find other people to go along with me, to save money and help with driving and such. anybody up for doing this? or at least like a three or four show stretch?

i've done this before with a few other bands, it's a ton of fun. i love being on the road, seeing the sights, then seeing amazing music each night. life doesn't get much better.

if you're interested, let me know. got a bit over two months to get things planned and save money.

alex

broue
- FB Fan -

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  10:41:30  Show Profile
Where are you from?
I'm from Montreal,Qc,Canada and I'll try to go to the Winnipeg/Regina/Saskatoon shows (if I get tickets..)Also, I have a car.

Alex
Go to Top of Page

felix jones
- FB Fan -

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  11:06:50  Show Profile
i'm in michigan, usa. i have a vehicle, also, but would prefer not to use it, as i'm not entirely certain it could make the whole trip. probably could, but don't really want to risk breaking down in the middle of nowhere, mainly 'cause i might then miss a show. :)

alex
Go to Top of Page

darwin
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  11:39:20  Show Profile
How are you going to get tickets to all of those shows?
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  11:46:42  Show Profile
If your payin' I'm comin'.
Go to Top of Page

broue
- FB Fan -

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  12:22:29  Show Profile
I would also prefer to not use my car, but anyway, I have a friend to visit in Milwaulkee. However, I won't do the whole tour to not kill my car (maybe 3-5 shows).
Go to Top of Page

felix jones
- FB Fan -

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  12:51:56  Show Profile
quote:
How are you going to get tickets to all of those shows?

don't quite know yet. :) i'll find a way.

quote:
If your payin' I'm comin'.

haha. don't even know if i'll be able to afford this for just myself. :)

alex
Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey
= Official forum monkey =

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  13:54:19  Show Profile
I'll be with you in spirit!!!

Probably vodka!!!
Go to Top of Page

Little Black Francis
> Teenager of the Year <

3648 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  13:58:17  Show Profile
No. Fuck no.
Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  14:49:46  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address
I'm terribly interested, at least in the first few shows. I'm from South Dakota, which is directly south of Winnipeg about 400 miles. So I'll be there.

"And her head has no room."
Go to Top of Page

pants
- FB Fan -

USA
200 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  15:07:10  Show Profile
if i can get tickets i'm trying to do april 24 to 29, so once i hopefully get tickets, maybe we can work something out.
Go to Top of Page

frank_black_francis
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
895 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  15:54:21  Show Profile  Visit frank_black_francis's Homepage
....some of us should definitely hook up if we end up in the same towns....I'm at least hitting Winnipeg by storm!
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  17:09:30  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
Hey man, where are you from in Michigan?

"Join the Cult of Brit / And let your oral hygiene go out the window."
Go to Top of Page

felix jones
- FB Fan -

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  17:36:30  Show Profile
originally from ann arbor/ypsilanti, currently (and for quite a while now) up north in traverse city. you from michigan also?

alex
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  19:58:11  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
Ah, as populated as south east Michigan is, I *NEVER* come across anyone from there online...they're always on the other side of the state! I'm from Warren, right outside Detroit. I'm currently living in PA, but am planning on moving back this spring. I've been up near Traverse City years ago...sand dunes near there...fun stuff. Northern Michigan is such a weird place. This makes me want to travel up to Northern Michigan.

Go to Top of Page

Manny
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
252 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  20:24:51  Show Profile  Click to see Manny's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by broue

Where are you from?
I'm from Montreal,Qc,Canada and I'll try to go to the Winnipeg/Regina/Saskatoon shows (if I get tickets..)Also, I have a car.

Alex

Broue, I saw your post on montreal shows also. I'm going to the winnipeg show if i get tickets. curious to know if you're driving. i think i may have to fly, but we'll see.
Go to Top of Page

felix jones
- FB Fan -

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  20:34:07  Show Profile
quote:
I've been up near Traverse City years ago...sand dunes near there...fun stuff. Northern Michigan is such a weird place. This makes me want to travel up to Northern Michigan.

yeah, it's a great area up here...to visit. i hate living up here, though. too far from everything. three hours just to go to a good concert. ugh. i think that's part of the reason i'm so into following bands around, i gotta travel a lot just to see one show anyway, might as well make it worth my while and see a bunch of shows. :)

alex
Go to Top of Page

KingOfSiam
- FB LinkMaster -

USA
460 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  09:11:58  Show Profile
Don't waste your time going to all those shows. As in the past, the Pixies pretty much play the same shows over and over and over and over and over
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  13:01:58  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
Totally man. I've been living in the middle of nowhere, PA for about 3 years. If I ever wanted to go to a show, I'd have to drive 2 hours+ to Philly or DC. It sucks. Back in Warren I could get to shows in no time...Pontiac, downtown Detroit, or Royal Oak is where they've all been.

Go to Top of Page

audiodr
- FB Fan -

77 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  15:37:49  Show Profile  Visit audiodr's Homepage  Click to see audiodr's MSN Messenger address
I would totally be up to meeting and sharing resources with any fans who are going to ALL of the Canadian shows.. My goal is to get a flight to either Vancouver, or Winnipeg (I'm currently in Toronto), and then rent a car or van for a week, and do all the canadian dates.. Anyone who is interested in having an awesome time and sharing some expenses of course, please contact me.. I also have extra tix for vancouver (both shows), edmonton, and saskatoon - but i'm looking for atleast ONE ticket for each of the Winnipeg, Regina, and Victoria shows. please email me ASAP audiodr@hotmail.com, info@audiodr.com I'm on MSN messenger to, so feel free to add me if you wanna chat
-d
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000