- FB Fan -

France
54 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2003 :  09:47:57  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by mun chien andalusia

quote:
Originally posted by worries have worries
what frank is gonna do with my 25 zuros ? I wonder. That's worth like five bottles of good strong fine red wine. rip off.

5 bottles of GOOD red wine for 25 euros?no way.maybe half a bottle if you are lucky.5 euro bottles are more vinegar than wine...if you don't have enough money get a beer instead of bad wine.

join the cult of errol\and you can have a beer\without having to quit smoking
www.superabound.altervista.org

yeah yeah yeah. Half a bottle @ 25 makes the bottle @ 50 euros. You buy 50 euros wine bottles, sorry cunt? "Eat the rich, get rid of the son of a bitch." (motorhed) That's for your patronizing tone, champion.
I perfect happy with 5 euros cote du rhone
Go to Top of Page

The Holiday Son
= Quote Accumulator =

France
1992 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2003 :  09:54:04  Show Profile  Visit The Holiday Son's Homepage
quote:

Frank pissed on us, fans say it was raining

I have to admit this thread title is quite funny.

Ok, I haven't attended this show but a friend of mine has and here's what he told me:
Note that he's far from being a big fan.
- Very Good show with neat sound (he was standing quite far from the stage though)
- He liked very much the fact that the songs are quite different from the albums (this is what he didn't like about the Radiohead gig)
- He thought that what Rich was doing was quite bad. He told me that at one point, Frank turned back and starred at him like he was saying "what the fuck was that?!?" !

quote:

(Paris' got the best FB audience i've ever seen)... pogo and crowdsurfing all the time

And that's what you call a great audience!?!

quote:

you paid 15 euro's for a t shirt and 5 for a single?
my t shirt was 20 euro's and a single 7!

DAMN MERCHANDISE LADY!

Consider yourself lucky.
South of France didn't seem to deserve merchandising!
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
5999 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2003 :  11:14:16  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
ok now I'm happy!

"I joined the Culf of Frank/ And now I do not know what...to do"
Go to Top of Page

cousi
- FB Fan -

France
35 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2003 :  01:48:58  Show Profile  Click to see cousi's MSN Messenger address
Pictures of this live at : http://www.superabound.altervista.org/29-Nov-03%20Bataclan,paris,France%20by%20Vincent%20Maston.htm
Some of them are good :)

Well, I love The Pixies, I love them, I love them, I love them.
Go to Top of Page

mergzez7
- FB Fan -

France
166 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2003 :  07:10:47  Show Profile  Click to see mergzez7's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by The Holiday Son

Consider yourself lucky.
South of France didn't seem to deserve merchandising!

There was no merchandising in Lyon either. And... did i mention i was truly upset that the gig in Geneva was cancelled?

zez

"quel gros sac ce Frank Black"
Go to Top of Page

topher
- FB Fan -

France
4 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2003 :  13:24:08  Show Profile  Visit topher's Homepage
some photos here:
http://www.bellapix.com/expos/public/viewer.php?current_album_oid=ALBUM3fce3bb48cd34
Go to Top of Page

cousi
- FB Fan -

France
35 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2003 :  13:31:29  Show Profile  Click to see cousi's MSN Messenger address
' zez

"quel gros sac ce Frank Black" '

AHAHAH , enorme cette phrase !!! ahahah

Well, I love The Pixies, I love them, I love them, I love them.

Edited by - cousi on 12/05/2003 13:32:05
Go to Top of Page

Nono le petit lutin
- FB Fan -

France
167 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2003 :  18:18:16  Show Profile
Il m'arrive de l'appeler Fatman avec des potes ... avec affection bien sûr.

But I forget to introduce myself ...
Hi guys, here comes a new french fan.
Last saturday, I went to bataclan with 2 friends to see FB & TC.
EXCELLENT ! (but you already know it cos most people in here enjoyed it)
The Bataclan is a nice little place, ideal for such an energetic show (Foo Fighters 2002 : great !).
We went soon (19:00) did'nt queue (auspicious ...), waiting in front of the stage while drinking, talking and listening to Led Zep (gooood choice!). Didn't know Serafin, not bad.
Then 20:55, here come our man and his friends ... let's go for 1 hour 40 rock. FB never talks to his audience (no offense) and most of the time (except when s.o. changes guitar) songs follow each other without any break ! Spent all the show a few meters from FB. It was quite rough !!!
As you know, 1st encore with 4 songs. The band goes away for the 2nd time, fans go on calling them back, s.o. put the lights on, we can hear some music now (meaning : "you can go now, it's over"), but we don't give up, we want more ... and miracle, FB's back.
In the beginning I thougt he was just coming and say thanks for the welcome, but he presents us (sthg he a priori never did !) of a voice only version (yes sir) of Brackish Boy !!! ... a delight ... intensified by the man's smiles and goodbyes for the real end of the show !!!
Not so often obious for FB ... must mean he enjoyed the show too ... what was kind of palpable with the band at some moments.
The Catholics are of course part of this fun we felt that night, whether they play FB/FB & TC or PIXIES' stuff ... and I think the people felt the same cos I didn't feel differences of reaction between the songs of the 3 artistic lives of FB.
And it's not finished yet, we were dawdling sharing our feelings about the gig, roadies were at work. One by one the Catholics went to pack their equipment (saw them do this 2 years ago in Elysées Montmartre - Paris). Never seen a band doing that ! Some fans ask for autographs, and they accept, smiling & relaxed.
And cerise sur le gateau (cherry on the cake, does it mean anythg or am I really too litterally ?), guess who's back ? FB himself !!! Unbelievable !!! He packs his things too !!!
A bunch of autograh chasers takes shape and he begins signing tickets and cds !!! And so I sprint and succeed in getting our 3 tickets signed by my idol !!! Great ! That's the 2nd time in my life I do that (1st one was to get autographs from volley ball players when I was younger, but that's not the point).
The show of year 2003 !!! (after, you got the White Stripes and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club).

Sorry for writing such a huge post, next ones will be shorter, but I couldn't not write about this great night.

I just got one regret about that gig ... I haven't even thanked FB for that awesome show and for signing my tickets, was so happy I totally forgot !!! Shame on me ...
So, as a conclusion, I'll use this post to send Frank Black and The Catholics (what an irony for an atheist like me to have such a band for favorite band ... since the Pixies are dead of course ...) lots of thanks for a great show and for their refreshing and relaxed behaviour.

Arnaud

They tried to give me advice Down at the record shop
I said sit down boys This may come as a shock
What's all I listen to It's all freedom rock

... Calme et tranquille
Go to Top of Page

ramona
"FB Quote Mistress"

USA
3988 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2003 :  18:27:51  Show Profile  Visit ramona's Homepage
http://www.superabound.altervista.org/29-Nov-03%20Bataclan,paris,France%20by%20Vincent%20Maston/frankblack20031129-0019.JPG

Very. Cool. Picture.
Go to Top of Page

Nono le petit lutin
- FB Fan -

France
167 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2003 :  19:36:12  Show Profile
Yeah, as I said in my post, the band seems to have had fun that night.
I don't know if David McCaffrey often wears a beret ... or maybe it was especially because he was in France.
There were berets and denim skirts on sale, not only t-shirts or cds.

Arnaud

They tried to give me advice / Down at the record shop / I said sit down boys / This may come as a shock / What's all I listen to / It's all freedom rock

... Calme et tranquille
Go to Top of Page

ramona
"FB Quote Mistress"

USA
3988 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2003 :  20:40:46  Show Profile  Visit ramona's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Nono le petit lutin

Yeah, as I said in my post, the band seems to have had fun that night.
I don't know if David McCaffrey often wears a beret ... or maybe it was especially because he was in France.
There were berets and denim skirts on sale, not only t-shirts or cds.

It was a flat cap (news boy hat, or whatever you want to call it) - he wore it througout the tour. I am sure it had a lovely tour stank by the end. Flat cap meet your friend, the match!

Were the berets and denim skirts on sale Frank Black specific? Weird.
Go to Top of Page

Nono le petit lutin
- FB Fan -

France
167 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2003 :  21:55:36  Show Profile
Let's hope he doesn't always wear the same !!!

Well, reconsidering that point after your post, I just saw a skirt and a flat cap, as you call it, but maybe it was just to show the t-shirts to advantage, in a original way ... actually I didn't try to find out about any price so I can't be 100% positive about the fact that such stuff is really on sale, sorry (the cap, why not cos of David McCaffrey ... but the skirt, actually, weird).
Maybe some other people will be able to confirm or not ...

Arnaud

They tried to give me advice / Down at the record shop / I said sit down boys / This may come as a shock / What's all I listen to / It's all freedom rock

... Calme et tranquille
Go to Top of Page

thealiensarecatholic
- FB Fan -

France
18 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2003 :  00:48:42  Show Profile  Visit thealiensarecatholic's Homepage
Review and pictures of the show :
http://thealiensarecatholic.free.fr
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000