New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

big_galoof
= Cult of Ray =

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  10:48:52  Show Profile  Visit big_galoof's Homepage
it looks like martin moeller got his site back up and running after more than a year in cyber-limbo. it's obviously still under construction, but it's a nice design - simple and classy. plus, his links section only has one: frankblack.net.

good to have you back, martin!

TBG

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  12:06:18  Show Profile
Awesome. That was a great site.
Go to Top of Page

mereubu
= FB QuizMistress =

USA
2677 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  15:27:34  Show Profile  Visit mereubu's Homepage
Yee-haw! I always loved that site, and I was beginning to wonder if the guy had just dropped off the face of the earth.

"I joined the Cult of Frank / And all I got was this lousy icon"
Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  18:41:23  Show Profile
good stuff.

anyone ever here from the people that did the black vault? that was a pretty cool site. loved the frank black dictionary.

"I joined the Cult of Frank/ and I got a free t-shirt with this dude on it."
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  19:35:04  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
I emailed the Black Vault guy back when fb.net was born and the guy was supposed to send me the backup of the website, but he never got back to me. The song DB will have everything that dictionary had and more.

"I joined the Cult of Clops / If I were you, I'd sleep with one eye open."
Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2003 :  05:29:22  Show Profile
... needs 1024 x 768 or higher !!!!!!!! Damnit!

"I joined the Cult of Popeye / The CoF required my good eye"
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2003 :  08:23:44  Show Profile
it told me that too. that sucks.

"I joined the Cult of Trippy/...what was i singing again???"
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2003 :  12:55:59  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
Yeah, you need to welcome yourself into the 21st century if you're not running at 1024 or higher. Celebrate new years and get yourself a nice 17"+ monitor.

Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2003 :  13:07:49  Show Profile
too po'

Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
5993 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  02:45:43  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
He has a nice database himself
I'm wondering if he will ever put up some audio files, those were fine

"I joined the Culf of Frank/ And now I do not know what...to do"
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  05:53:53  Show Profile
jim, i don't even now what you said. my computer is 17" i think...what??!?

Go to Top of Page

Sheamus
= Cult of Ray =

Australia
345 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  06:04:02  Show Profile  Visit Sheamus's Homepage  Click to see Sheamus's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by El Barto

Yeah, you need to welcome yourself into the 21st century if you're not running at 1024 or higher. Celebrate new years and get yourself a nice 17"+ monitor.

Tsk tsk. The majority of internet users use a 600 x 800 resolution. I suggest that YOU, dear moderator person, welcome yourself into the 21st century by brushing up on compatible web standards at the World Wide Web Consortium. www.w3.org. Together we can create websites for everyone!

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  08:45:52  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Yeah, it's not really fair to just exclude people running at 800x600, but slowly it will start happening the way that 640x480 slowly has been phased out.

I run a website which uses Java to check the resolution and displays two totally different (same content, but shrunk) sites depending on the resolution, and right now maybe 65% of the hits are at 1024x768 or higher and the rest at 800x600.

My monitor is set to 1280x960, so even Jim needs to get into the 21st century by my standards. :)

Jessie, if you right click on your desktop background, go to Properties, and Settings, you can see what resolution your screen is at - though it's probably 800x600. These numbers just mean how many pixels wide by how many tall. The more you scrunch in, the better your picture is going to look. You can adjust it very easily to 1024x768. It'll look small at first, but leave it there - on a 17" monitor, you should have no problems at that resolution, things should look a bit sharper, and you'll have a much better time on the 'net.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  11:14:15  Show Profile
Well I changed my resolution but there's nothing at the site. Just a couple of planets and an outline of Frank.

Go to Top of Page

dogjones
- FB Fan -

USA
142 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  16:48:57  Show Profile
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.levitated.net/fb/

if youre looking stuff off the site specifically...some, but not all links are archived.
Go to Top of Page

dogjones
- FB Fan -

USA
142 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  16:50:15  Show Profile
the way this webpage handles links it comes off odd..you have to paste that FULL line above...or just go to archive.org and enter the 2nd url
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  23:15:40  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage
I'm at 1280x1024 on a 19"..anyone top that? ;)

Cool site, and he links to us. =)

I'll have to link to him too..
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  06:31:54  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Isn't there distortion at 1280x1024? Since it's not a standard resolution (i.e. 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x960) multiple? I'm also operating on a 19", but 'ya got me beat. Until I upgrade to a 19" flat screen... once they hit the $500 mark.

Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  11:08:46  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
I'm on a 19" at 1152x864 with large fonts. Any bigger resolution is too small for me.

Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  11:24:14  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Jessie, if you right click on your desktop background, go to Properties, and Settings, you can see what resolution your screen is at - though it's probably 800x600. These numbers just mean how many pixels wide by how many tall. The more you scrunch in, the better your picture is going to look. You can adjust it very easily to 1024x768. It'll look small at first, but leave it there - on a 17" monitor, you should have no problems at that resolution, things should look a bit sharper, and you'll have a much better time on the 'net.

thank you. i did that. i kinda hurts mt eyes, but i guess thats the price of fame... i mean computing.

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  11:41:43  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
It takes adjustment. You'll learn to love me... err.. it.

Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  12:36:29  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage
No distortion i'm aware of..but i've been staring at it for a long time, so who knows.

I like it, anyway.
Go to Top of Page

darragh
- FB Fan -

Ireland
50 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2003 :  14:43:12  Show Profile  Visit darragh's Homepage
I just checked my gougeaway.tk site at 800 X 600 and it looks absolutely SHIT compared to 1024x768. Damn.
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7435 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2003 :  00:14:23  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage
Guys bragging about the size of their... monitor. Now THAT's lame.

Denis

"In the Cult of Frank/You don't even get backstage passes"
Go to Top of Page

IceCream
= Quote Accumulator =

USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  23:50:55  Show Profile  Visit IceCream's Homepage
You know, I tried getting it on it today, and I experienced difficulty.
Go to Top of Page

worries have worries
- FB Fan -

France
54 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  01:03:42  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by big_galoof

it looks like martin moeller got his site back up and running after more than a year in cyber-limbo. it's obviously still under construction, but it's a nice design - simple and classy. plus, his links section only has one: frankblack.net.

TBG

oh noooo. is it gonna be more newspaper articles in german and freaky dutch and out of date (and unverified) news and 30seconds audio files with statements like "this is not a record store, let's not rip off the artist" or something. i truly despise the site as well as his selfrighteous author as being never able to gather interesting or new info whatsoever. The new version of the site is even more disgusting than the previous one. What a lame person that fuck must be.
hey do not worry about that, since martin knows since long that i detest him. Martin, remember me ?, i'm your "new friend in cyberspace".

AWOL for everything
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
5993 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  05:15:30  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
really ugly, wories have wories

that's not nice

"I joined the Cult of Frank/Nobody wanted to join my Culf"
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  05:49:10  Show Profile
Geez, it's just a website, dude. You don't have to accuse a person of being a lame fuck because of his website. It's a Frank Black one too. It's not like it's a John Mayer fansite

Join the Cult of Jim / And receive a set of Teletubby reunion tix
Go to Top of Page

DruggedBunny
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
395 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  08:29:02  Show Profile
Spot the real lame fuck...

--
"I appreciate your being offended, but who gives a fuck? Where do I take my list of things I’m offended by? Is anybody accepting applications?" -- Bill Hicks
Go to Top of Page

worries have worries
- FB Fan -

France
54 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  09:42:09  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by worries have worries

quote:

TBG

oh noooo. is it gonna be more newspaper articles in german and freaky dutch and out of date (and unverified) news and 30seconds audio files with statements like "this is not a record store, let's not rip off the artist" or something. i truly despise the site as well as his selfrighteous author as being never able to gather interesting or new info whatsoever. The new version of the site is even more disgusting than the previous one. What a lame person that fuck must be.
hey do not worry about that, since martin knows since long that i detest him. Martin, remember me ?, i'm your "new friend in cyberspace".

AWOL for everything

Shit shit shit i got carried away. I really regret the word lame. really really. My english is not so good and sometimes i misuse words and/or don't realize how ugly they are. What can i say. i feel stupid.
But i still detest the site.
Hope i'm forgiven

AWOL for everything
Go to Top of Page

MMD
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
233 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  14:30:04  Show Profile
I used to use 1600x1200 on my 19' but these days it's usually 1280x1024 but I can go up to 2048x1536! Woo me I guess!

“Not since Orson Welles had one man so many fingers in so many pies, and been the chef as well. And then looked like he went and ate them all. The guy was out of control.”
Go to Top of Page

MMD
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
233 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  16:34:30  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Brackish Girl

thank you. i did that. i kinda hurts mt eyes, but i guess thats the price of fame... i mean computing.

If you go to settings again and then go to advanced and then click on the 'Monitor' tab check what your refresh rates is set at, the higher it is the easier on your eyes your monitor will be.

“Not since Orson Welles had one man so many fingers in so many pies, and been the chef as well. And then looked like he went and ate them all. The guy was out of control.”
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  20:50:32  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by worries have worries

quote:

TBG

AWOL for everything

wtf.the guy just made a fan site.what the hell are you talking about?he's not obliged to gather info or interesting stuff for you.it's fine if you don't like it but calling him a selfrighteous lame fuck is unfair and of extremely bad taste since he offers something and you don't.

join the cult of errol\and you can have a beer\without having to quit smoking
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
5993 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  11:19:30  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
hey wories have wories
apoligized
he's ok

"I joined the Cult of Frank/Nobody wanted to join my Culf"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000