New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

mnsteelers
- FB Fan -

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2003 :  00:00:22  Show Profile
I just found this site. So, my appologies if this has been discussed before. Seattle has a Pixies tribute band called No. 13 baby. They're great. I rarely miss a show but they only play every 6 weeks or so. They're enthusiastic and funny. Most importantly, the music is dead on and the lead singer likes to belt out the vocals. Check out their site. They've been kind of lazy about updating their upcoming shows page. Check them out. You'll be glad you did.

www.czeisler.com/no13baby

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2003 :  06:42:02  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
isn't that the drummer of P.U.S.A?

funny that he plays in a cover band

"I joined the Culf of Frank/ And now I do not know what...to do"
Go to Top of Page

Thomas
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1615 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2003 :  07:00:04  Show Profile  Click to see Thomas's MSN Messenger address
No. 13 Baby is a Pixies cover band featuring Craig Montgomery, Jeff Barnes (formerly of Carmine), Jennifer Czeisler (Radio Killers) and Jason Finn (Presidents of the U.S.A.).

Thomas
"Our love is rice and beans and horses lard"
Go to Top of Page

bumblebeeboy2
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2638 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2003 :  07:07:29  Show Profile  Click to see bumblebeeboy2's MSN Messenger address
mad! that the drummer from pusa is in a pixies tribute band! there was a lad at college who was a massive presidents fan, and in fact he reguarly took the micky out of me liking the pixies! i got him back a bit when pusa broke up and were doing various solo stuff, but man, I wish I still knew him now!

--
The universe is shaped exactly like the earth, if you go straight along enough, you'll end up where you were.
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2003 :  07:27:00  Show Profile
i saw them play in LA about a year ago.. it was good fun.
Go to Top of Page

Doog
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1220 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2003 :  10:12:54  Show Profile  Visit Doog's Homepage  Click to see Doog's MSN Messenger address
I'd love to hear em, being in the same situation myself..

"I joined the Cult of Frank / Because I thought it would straighten out my life, SIR!"
Go to Top of Page

DeBased
- FB Fan -

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  23:01:13  Show Profile
No. 13 is great. Feb 28th in Seattle if anyone needs a Pixies fix.

the method...of stop tap spin, no talkin'...
Go to Top of Page

mnsteelers
- FB Fan -

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  20:31:52  Show Profile
hey debased. I'll see you at the Croc on the 28th to rock out with my favorite local band. Can't wait. Did you get any Pixies tickets? I was able to get a few Spokane tickets but struck out on Eugene and Vancouver. I had 3 people with high speed connections working on it too. Bummer.
Go to Top of Page

DeBased
- FB Fan -

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  11:56:17  Show Profile
Hello. Mn, I saw your email last night, I haven't been checking it lately. It was very tough getting the Vancouver tickets. I had two browser windows open and tried to buy Thurs and Fri so that I could hopefully get either or. I ended up with Thurs tickets, which were backup for me. I was ready to call Victoria if I couldn't get any within a couple of minutes. I didn't end up with any extras, but if for some reason we don't end up going to Vancouver, I'll get my Thurs tickets to someone on this board. Its still a little unreal that we'll actually get to see the Pixies! Its great you're going to Spokane, it seems like a good place to see a show. Maybe the venue will be smaller than Vancouver. Lucky people in Spokane! Hopefully they'll make their way back to Seattle next year. The gossip is really encouraging that they will be together at least a year, record an album and tour for it. Kim is sober now, that's the gossip at least. Hopefully they can get along. It looks like Sushi Robo is moving up in the world, not opening for No 13 as planned in Jan. The Posies are opening for Sushi Robo now. Wonder who will open for No. 13 (don't know if I'm going yet or not anyway but...). It looks like a Cure cover band has opened for them before. Did you ever see them? Are they any good? Love the Cure.

Go to Top of Page

Kirk
= Cult of Ray =

USA
633 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  12:06:25  Show Profile
Cover bands are dumb...

...though he loved to rock and roll...
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  12:48:02  Show Profile
There was a Dave Matthews cover band that played a gig in a respectable venue near my house.

Just the idea of a Dave Matthews cover band made me laugh

Join the Devil's Workshop / And put the Cult of Frank out of business while Dean is in Orlando
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  12:49:34  Show Profile
Jason Finn isn't in all the pictures if you notice. So maybe he is/was a part time member.

Plus I think the Presidents are reuniting which is awesome.

Join the Devil's Workshop / And put the Cult of Frank out of business while Dean is in Orlando
Go to Top of Page

DeBased
- FB Fan -

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  22:08:12  Show Profile
It seems as if I've heard quite a few Dave Matthews cover bands on mainstream radio.

Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000