Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

ramona
"FB Quote Mistress"

USA
3988 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2003 :  13:50:39  Show Profile  Visit ramona's Homepage
No wonder Frank never comes here anymore. We have all gone mad!
Go to Top of Page

Qris
- FB Fan -

Canada
31 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2003 :  10:22:06  Show Profile  Visit Qris's Homepage
As desperately sent to any spotted Winnipeg forumites already....
I am a winnipeger and FB fan. Big fan. Huge. But I was away and missed my chance for tix. I am sending this to anyone on the list from Winnipeg in a desperate attempt to secure tix. If you hear of more becoming avail or anything... or end up with extras... or know of people in your group of friends who just don't deserve to be there ;-)... Lemme know!
I will hum a few bars of any FB song of your choosing to proove my worthiness!
My not being in that building would be a crime against Frank.

Qris
Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2003 :  19:24:39  Show Profile
Qris- that really sucks. maybe they'll release some more tickets the day of the show. i'm going with a group of 15, so if anyone bails i'll let you know (but i wouldn't count on it ).
Go to Top of Page

Dinsdale Piranha
- FB Fan -

24 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2003 :  08:27:41  Show Profile
Where is this "OFF" place they keep playing?
Go to Top of Page

kellydealshorse
- FB Fan -

Philippines
16 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2003 :  08:13:08  Show Profile
Glastonbury Festival tix go on sale today which got me thinking. Don't Frank and the boys want to play the biggest and best festival in the world in June.??

Come on Frank, get yourself over to England in the summer,. Haven't seen the band since Sheffield 2001. I need to take my mate who is a recent convert to Catholicism to a gig . It'll flick his prawn all night.

Gitsome.

northern monkey
Go to Top of Page

stymie
= Cult of Ray =

385 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2003 :  19:54:55  Show Profile  Visit stymie's Homepage
It was a great tour with two and a half hour sets or two 70 or 80 mintute sets. How can you complain since frank lives in the usa! How many times has morrissey played here, oh wait sorry not a lot since he lives in the UK! Understand DITS. Sorry! PS
thanks for coming to INDIANAPOLIS FRANK! Hope you return!
Go to Top of Page

johndietzel
= Cult of Ray =

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
464 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2003 :  20:17:12  Show Profile  Visit johndietzel's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by stymie

It was a great tour with two and a half hour sets or two 70 or 80 mintute sets. How can you complain since frank lives in the usa! How many times has morrissey played here, oh wait sorry not a lot since he lives in the UK!
I believe he said farewell to England's cheerless marshes awhile back. Unless he has moved recently, Morrissey seems to be living in Los Angeles just like Frank. So no such excuse.

----------------------
Ok, I hope I don't screw this one up: "Jeffrey Jones, Roman Polanski, Pete Townshend, and James Randi walk into a kindergarten . . ."
Go to Top of Page

manta_ray11
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2003 :  20:55:28  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Stuart

I was at the Leadmill gig, and managed to get on stage with the man.... that has to be my favourite gig of all time I think, as it was the first time I'd seen Frank and because it blew me away.... especially at the end, Ive never seen an audience applaud so much, and the smile on Franks face...... fuck, I need to get a copy of that gig.... does anyone have a recording of the Sheffield Leadmill gig (Feb 17th (i think) 2001) that they would be willing to trade????

2002 World Air Guitar Champion

I was at that gig too, and it still rates as the best gig I've ever been to. I don't have a recording of it, but I was e-mailed some photos of it taken by someone else there. They're not very good, as the taker of them admitted, but they are at least memories of a fantastic evening.

Andy B
Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2003 :  21:30:38  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage
It was a great evening, one that I'll never forget. Ive just heard that he's coming back to London in October and it's unlikely I'll be bale to get back for that so I am a little gutted.

War....... Its Fantastic
Go to Top of Page

Little Black Francis
> Teenager of the Year <

3648 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2003 :  02:55:45  Show Profile
i want fuckin' to get into the show in new york on the 27tyh, but I don't know wher eit is or where I could get tickets.

"Snooch to the muthaf**kin Nooch"
Go to Top of Page

2 spaces
- FB Fan -

35 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2003 :  08:29:58  Show Profile
The Ticketweb site where they sold the tix left this helpful message. It's very 'last minute' but at least worth a try. Good luck!

<<Sorry, no tickets available through TicketWeb. Additional tickets for *some* shows may be available at the box office; call Time Cafe (212-533-7000).>>
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2003 :  06:53:46  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
2003-07-08

Frank Black and The Catholics have announced the following dates:

26-Sep-03 Edinburgh UK Liquid Rooms
27-Sep-03 Aberdeen UK Lemon Tree
28-Sep-03 Glasgow UK Garage
30-Sep-03 Leeds UK Cockpit
1-Oct-03 Manchester UK MDH
2-Oct-03 Liverpool UK Stanley Theatre
3-Oct-03 Dublin Ireland Vicar St
5-Oct-03 Sheffield UK Leadmill
6-Oct-03 Birmingham UK Academy 2
7-Oct-03 Norwich UK Waterfront
9-Oct-03 Bristol UK Fire Station
10-Oct-03 Oxford UK Zodiac
11-Oct-03 Portsmouth UK Wedgewood Rooms
13-Oct-03 Cambridge UK Junction
14-Oct-03 Brighton UK Concorde
15-Oct-03 London UK Astoria

''it's not a box, it's a submarine''
Go to Top of Page

gary13th
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
632 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2003 :  00:46:37  Show Profile  Visit gary13th's Homepage  Click to see gary13th's MSN Messenger address
bah nothing for newcastle....i'll have to make my way to edinburgh or leeds

~you will get used to me, welcome to your new joy
Heloise by FB&TC
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2003 :  10:07:01  Show Profile
shall be going to the london astoria on the 15th of october then, probably with a couple of mates. should be good!
Go to Top of Page

sharkey
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
65 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2003 :  17:25:11  Show Profile  Click to see sharkey's MSN Messenger address
Yay, Aberdeen, thought i'd have to go to Edinburgh or Glasgow, as opposed to the 5 min walk from my house to the Lemon Tree.
Go to Top of Page

manta_ray11
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2003 :  18:35:26  Show Profile
Fantastic! Sheffield Leadmill again - a return to the scene of the best gig I've ever been to.
Go to Top of Page

Leah
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
314 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2003 :  06:49:54  Show Profile
Plotting trip to Edinburgh as a birthday pressie to meself (I figure I'm worth it) - travel 25th, stay over for gig then travel home on the sunday.

Also thinking about booking a bed in a dorm at backpackers @ Princes Street in Aulde Reekie. At £11.00 a night seems pretty reasonable!

Theory I have is since there could be a few of us if anyone wants to bunk-in and have a FRANK BLACK FAN dorm then let me know and I'll sort the booking out.

The link for the place is here:
http://www.edinburghbackpackers.com/hostel/rates.shtml

Contact through profile!

Every choice human being strives instinctively for a citadel and a secrecy where he is saved from the crowd -
Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000