Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

beergeek
- FB Fan -

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  23:32:46  Show Profile  Visit beergeek's Homepage
Acording to the UC Davis page --

Pixies @ Freeborn Hall - Thu Apr 29 time TBA. Ticket price TBA. Ticket limit TBA. This event has been confirmed! On sale Mon Mar 1 10:00am.

LeonardNimoyAfterworld
- FB Fan -

15 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  02:08:54  Show Profile
Do you have the address of the place it's going to be at? I want to put it into Map quest and see how far of a drive it is so I know if I can even consider going.

-Jason
Go to Top of Page

darwin
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  09:15:59  Show Profile
Davis isn't a big place. Put Davis into your map quest.
Go to Top of Page

EG
- FB Fan -

23 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  09:43:45  Show Profile
Jason, if you go, and you want to buy two extra tickets, I will buy them! Plus I will chip in for real gas money, as a virtual driving companion...
-Eli
Go to Top of Page

pants
- FB Fan -

USA
200 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  10:47:18  Show Profile
jason where are you coming from?

if you just mapquest generically to davis, ca, you'll be fine. or even sacremento and then add like 20-30 minutes of driving time.

from oakland, where i am it's about 1.5 hours depending on traffic.

i just hope i can get 3 tickets. = )
Go to Top of Page

LeonardNimoyAfterworld
- FB Fan -

15 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  02:37:02  Show Profile
It is way to far from me. I thought it was a bit closer. It says it will take about 5 hours. Thanks for the tips though. I am going to Coachella, which probably won't be as good.

-Jason
Go to Top of Page

darwin

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  10:29:28  Show Profile
Are you in southern California? LA to Davis is about 5 to 6 hours.
Go to Top of Page

LeonardNimoyAfterworld
- FB Fan -

15 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  20:18:33  Show Profile
Yeah, it's a bummer it's so far away. My girlfriend got my tickets to Coachella, theres not way I could go all that way and make it back in time. Hopefully they do more shows here when they get back from Europe.

-Jason
Go to Top of Page

formeremployee
- FB Fan -

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  01:10:50  Show Profile  Visit formeremployee's Homepage
I plan to hopefully do both. Davis Thursday night, drive to coachella Friday. Just like pants, I'll be coming from the east bay, about an hour's drive without traffic.

-bill
Go to Top of Page

pants
- FB Fan -

USA
200 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  10:21:54  Show Profile
hey formeremployee

you going to eugene by chance? hopefully i'll get a ticket for that show and the davis show.
Go to Top of Page

formeremployee
- FB Fan -

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  11:05:00  Show Profile  Visit formeremployee's Homepage
yes, I'll be up early tomorrow trying to get those eugene tix. The wet dream is to take a week off and follow 'em down from spokane, or maybe even vancouver or victoria (I've got free places to stay in Victoria, maybe Vancouver, Boise, and Eugene). I bought tickets to Spokane and Boise today. I'm not 100% sure on this yet, but I had to cover my bases just in case.
Go to Top of Page

pants
- FB Fan -

USA
200 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  10:39:36  Show Profile
i'm thinking of maybe actually going in person to davis when tix go on sale, to see if i have a better chance of getting some, just seeing if anyone in the san francisco/oakland bay area, would maybe want to cruise up with me if i go. it's always better to have someone with you for what ever may come up. just wondering.
Go to Top of Page

pixie801
- FB Fan -

52 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  11:40:53  Show Profile  Click to see pixie801's MSN Messenger address
Where are the tickets being sold? Only on campus?

Edited to add:

How to Purchase Tickets
In Person:
Tickets may be purchased at the UC Davis Ticket Office from 10am to 5pm (Summer Hours are 12noon to 5pm) Monday through Friday. The Ticket Office accepts Cash, Check (made payable to UC Regents), Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express. The Ticket Office usually opens one hour prior to show time for walk-up ticket sales and will-call pick up. For directions to the UC Davis Ticket Office see the Directions and Parking page.

By Phone:

Ticket orders may be placed by phone at (530) 752-1915. There is a $5 per order fee for all UC Davis Ticket Office phone orders placed. General admission tickets will be available for pick up in advance or at will call with picture identifiacation only. Note: The UC Davis Ticket Office has a limited number of incoming phone lines. You may encounter busy signals or moderate hold times when calling during peak periods.

Tickets for events (unless specifically noted on the Concerts and Special Events page) may also be purchased through tickets.com charge-by-phone at (530/916) 766-2277. Convenience fees will be added to all tickets.com ticket purchases.

Internet:

Tickets are available on-line through tickets.com (unless specifically noted on the Concerts and Special Events page). Convenience fees will be added to all tickets.com ticket purchases

Here is the link to the tickets.com Pixies ticket sales:

http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?agency=TDC&pid=5304509

Edited by - pixie801 on 02/21/2004 11:45:34
Go to Top of Page

kottke
- FB Fan -

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  11:59:49  Show Profile
Everyone buy extras if you can so we can share with each other. I will be doing this also.

"He bought me a soda"
Go to Top of Page

lone_durango
- FB Fan -

13 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  12:47:26  Show Profile
Hi guys/gals,

I was ***lucky***!!! enough to get 4 tix to the Burton Cummings show, and 4 tix to the Friday Vancouver show (4/23).

But the show I really want to see (the only one I know I can definitely make it to) is at Davis!!

I am totally willing to trade 4 tix at either Burton Cummings or Vancouver for 4 tix to Davis!

I know I'll have to wait until after March 1st to see if peeps can get tix to Davis. If a trade is unavailable, I'll be willing to share my tix with people on the list for face value.

But please please please let me know if any of you would like to trade...

I'll be doing my best to get tix to the Davis show when they go on sale. If I get extras, I will share....please please please do the same if you are lucky enough to score Davis tix. I've been looking around the forum, and it looks like lots of folks who were not able to score tix through ticketmonster.ca are going to be able to see shows anyway b/c of the good karma of other folks on this forum!

thanks!!!
Go to Top of Page

darwin

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  15:03:36  Show Profile
Anyone know which method (internet or live in person at the ticket office) is more likely to be successful?
Go to Top of Page

pants
- FB Fan -

USA
200 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  15:31:17  Show Profile
that's what i'm trying to figure out. this morning for eugene, on the phone 8 minutes into it, they said the show was totally sold out. but i kept trying online through countless site errors and finally got through about 9:30 am and got a ticket. so i'm not sure. i kind of want to go in person, but not sure if i should just camp out or get there really early. i don't mind the wait as long as i get a ticket.
Go to Top of Page

formeremployee
- FB Fan -

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  19:04:12  Show Profile  Visit formeremployee's Homepage
hey pants, I'm considering the campout or go up early to davis route as well. I didn't fare so well with eugene, so I want to do whatever gets me a ticket.
Go to Top of Page

pants
- FB Fan -

USA
200 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  19:51:42  Show Profile
formeremployee

once you figure out, what you're going to do let me know, maybe we can cruise together or something?? like you said, whatever it takes i'll do, i don't have a job right now so i'm flexible.
Go to Top of Page

astrocat
- FB Fan -

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  20:17:17  Show Profile  Visit astrocat's Homepage
I'm trying for Davis too, especially since not getting Eugene tickets today. Wondering how cheap a flight I could get down there from Seattle to camp out. If I don't get tickets I'll also be interested in trading and/or buying tickets. What's the ticket limit? I need 4. If I'm so lucky, I'll get extras.

Any tips on buying tickets down there and through tickets.com would be most welcome.
Go to Top of Page

Shastasheen
- FB Fan -

62 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  20:23:27  Show Profile  Visit Shastasheen's Homepage
Lone Durango

I sent you an e-mail and am definately interested in trading 4 tickets for Davis, if i get them, for 2 tickets for Vancouver and 2 for Winnipeg

All I Am Are My Thoughts
Go to Top of Page

darwin

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  22:02:54  Show Profile
Perhaps a dumb question. Are internet and box office tickets separate pools? I don't think they are. So, if a show sells out in say 8 minutes, how many people in line are going to get a tickets (there are 2 or 3 windows at the Davis box-office)? maybe 10. I don't know. Even though I live here, I'm thinking internet maybe a better chance.
Go to Top of Page

formeremployee
- FB Fan -

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  01:15:16  Show Profile  Visit formeremployee's Homepage
hey pants, I tried to email you through here, but it got rejected. Mail me at bill@formeremployee.com and we can work it out. I'm in school, and don't have to be back until monday night, so the ticket time works great for me.
Go to Top of Page

pants
- FB Fan -

USA
200 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  12:08:15  Show Profile
just emailed you bill
Go to Top of Page

astrocat
- FB Fan -

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  15:17:48  Show Profile  Visit astrocat's Homepage
I emailed the UC Davis ticket office to get confirmation that tickets are being sold at all tickets.com retail outlets, and that the box office would be selling tickets by phone. Here's the answer I received:

Pixies

The Pixies plus special guest TBA @ Freeborn Hall - Thu Apr 29 8:00pm.
$25.00. Ticket limit = 6. General admission - standing only. Doors open
7:00pm. Tickets will be available through all the usual sales channels
(visit the UC Davis Ticket Office "General Information and Ways to
Purchase Tickets" page for more information. On sale Mon Mar 1st 10:00am.

Yes, tickets will be available through tickets.com (ALL tickets.com sales
channels). Tickets will also be available through the UCDTO phones, but
we have a VERY limited number of incoming lines so you may not be able to
get through.

Thanks
Debbie Eidson
UC Davis Ticket Office
http://tickets.ucdavis.edu
530-752-1915
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked