Pixies Tickets
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

offerw
* Dog in the Sand *

South Africa
1264 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2004 :  07:21:39  Show Profile  Click to see offerw's MSN Messenger address
I don't know if the tickets for the American leg of the Pixies reunion tour are on sale yet but the four London shows sold out in minutes. I would have thought that the tickets are bought by fans but seems like the tickets were bought up by money grabbing idiots.
Have a look on E-bay and see how many tickets are now available at more than double the face value. How many fans have lost out? How many fans will be exploited and have to stuff cash into the pockets of those E-bay idiots if they want to see the greatest band ever.

[EDIT - Moved]

Edited by - offerw on 02/12/2004 12:32:20

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6012 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2004 :  07:25:59  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
yes, it's illegal as hell

"I joined the Cult of Frank/Nobody wanted to join my Culf"
Go to Top of Page

Chris Knight
= Cult of Ray =

USA
899 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2004 :  07:56:36  Show Profile  Visit Chris Knight's Homepage
EBay scalpers are fucks. I was thinking about buying a bunch of tickets to sell for no profit or give away to pretty college girls. I'm almost definitely gonna buy an extra Davis ticket to exchange for a floor to sleep on.

Join the Cult of the Flying Pigxies *snort* SCREEEEEECH! *flap flap flap*
Go to Top of Page

mattb
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2004 :  13:11:35  Show Profile  Visit mattb's Homepage  Click to see mattb's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Knight

EBay scalpers are fucks. I was thinking about buying a bunch of tickets to sell for no profit

I'm going to do the same thing. I was thinking of selling extras on ebay (if I get them) at first but then I started thinking, fuck it, I can't deny anyone the opportunity to see the pixies just because of my greed. Doesn't mean I won't pay those assholes a few hundred dollars if I can't get any though
Go to Top of Page

chrischob
- FB Fan -

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2004 :  13:42:57  Show Profile
When I saw U2 in Calgary on the Elevation tour I ended up with 2 extra tickets since I bought from the fanclub and ticketmaster to cover my bases. I sold them for face value and made a fan who couldnt get tickets very happy.

Go to Top of Page

pudmeister
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2004 :  13:50:48  Show Profile
At a QOTSA show last year I had one spare and couldnt get rid of it even at face value and some tout cunts started get all worked up about it and told me that I was pissing off his customers who'd just spent £50 on a ticket! What the fuck?!
Then he offered me a ten quid for it! I told him bollocks and walked into the venue, I lost out but the show was well worth it and that ticket would have paid for his smack anyway so, .....

"Looking through the eye of a pig I see it all" - Cypress Hill
Go to Top of Page

rav75
- FB Fan -

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2004 :  23:13:22  Show Profile  Click to see rav75's MSN Messenger address
If the Brixton shows are in June and the Canadian leg sooner, why did the tix for the London show go on sale so soon. I called Red's in Edmonton and they said tix will likely go on sale beginning of April....
Go to Top of Page

darwin
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2004 :  23:55:54  Show Profile
quote:

EBay scalpers are fucks. I was thinking about buying a bunch of tickets to sell for no profit or give away to pretty college girls. I'm almost definitely gonna buy an extra Davis ticket to exchange for a floor to sleep on.

I may take you up on that if I can't score a ticket myself. I live 10 mintues from Freeborn Hall.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Knight
= Cult of Ray =

USA
899 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  05:01:30  Show Profile  Visit Chris Knight's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by darwin

I may take you up on that if I can't score a ticket myself. I live 10 mintues from Freeborn Hall.
Cool. Email me if you decide to.
Go to Top of Page

EdBudd
- FB Fan -

63 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  06:27:03  Show Profile
quote:

What if everyone bought extra tickets and sold them on e-bay for face value to screw over the scalpers? It is a nice idea, but that just reduces the chances of the real fans to get them when they go on sale. Instead of watching ticketmaster or the like, you would have to watch e-bay, just another website to fuck around with when trying to buy tickets. Just a thought...
Go to Top of Page

marko
- FB Fan -

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  06:39:16  Show Profile
Where will the tickets for the Canadian shows be sold? www.ticketmaster.ca?
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3423 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  06:39:27  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage
that is a good idea, but you'd run the risk of a tout buying them off you only to relist them at much higher prices...

i think helping out the people who post here is more likely to ensure fans receieve any left over tickets.

"I joined the Cult of Frank / I think that man deserves a DB!"
Go to Top of Page

mattb
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  06:56:50  Show Profile  Visit mattb's Homepage  Click to see mattb's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by benji

that is a good idea, but you'd run the risk of a tout buying them off you only to relist them at much higher prices...

i think helping out the people who post here is more likely to ensure fans receieve any left over tickets.

"I joined the Cult of Frank / I think that man deserves a DB!"

I agree, that's the best idea.

And yes the Canadian tickets will be available on ticketmaster.ca but I wouldn't be surprised if they were on the American site too.

Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  07:36:13  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address
It'd be nice if there were a separate thread for each show. That way we could keep in contact with anybody else going to that show. I'm very worried that I'll get screwed over trying to get tickets for the Winnipeg show. If anybody here has a chance to get a bunch of extra tickets to any show, there's no doubt in my mind that they'll be able to find genuine fans on this site who will buy them. The thought of some lowlife making a profit off of the Pixies makes me want to hit something until it dies, and I'm not a violent person. And if everybody here gets a ticket to the show they want and there are leftovers (which would be amazing) then they can just be sold before the show outside the venue. That would REALLY piss off the scalpers (or "touts," a term I've now adopted. Thanks, guys.). And I think that's good. They should be pissed off. They're bad people. Very bad people.

"And her head has no room."
Go to Top of Page

EdBudd
- FB Fan -

63 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  07:54:20  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by prozacrat

It'd be nice if there were a separate thread for each show. That way we could keep in contact with anybody else going to that show. I'm very worried that I'll get screwed over trying to get tickets for the Winnipeg show. If anybody here has a chance to get a bunch of extra tickets to any show, there's no doubt in my mind that they'll be able to find genuine fans on this site who will buy them. The thought of some lowlife making a profit off of the Pixies makes me want to hit something until it dies, and I'm not a violent person. And if everybody here gets a ticket to the show they want and there are leftovers (which would be amazing) then they can just be sold before the show outside the venue. That would REALLY piss off the scalpers (or "touts," a term I've now adopted. Thanks, guys.). And I think that's good. They should be pissed off. They're bad people. Very bad people.

It would be nice. If there was one "format" used for the title of the thread it would easily identified. eg. "Brixton Academy, June 3rd/4th". and "Burton Cummings Theater, April 14th". Selling tix outside of the show would be good for people close to the show, but people from the eastern states would risk driving/flying all that way in hopes to find someone. If I get extras I will post them in a thread called "Burton Cummings Theater, April 14th".
Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  08:37:20  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address
See, that's what I'm talking about. But it'd be nice to have a thread opened prior to people getting extra tickets, so those planning on going can coordinate and make SURE that they get tickets. And, of course the emphasis would be on making sure extra tickets got to those willing to fly out.

Go to Top of Page

mattb
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  10:33:11  Show Profile  Visit mattb's Homepage  Click to see mattb's MSN Messenger address
Has anyone else seen this bullshit? I found it on the ticketmaster website :
Ticketmaster
Question of the Week

Q:I just heard something recently about Ticketmaster auctioning tickets to upcoming shows. What's that all about?

A:On behalf of the venues, promoters and artists for whom we work, we offer a system that allows for the pricing and sale of tickets based upon the fans' level of interest. Through this system, venues, promoters, and artists at their option can offer consumers a safe, secure, credible and convenient way in which to purchase tickets. Fans can be assured that the dollars they pay actually go to the venues, promoters and artists that present the live event, and in the case of a cancelled event, they will be eligible to receive a refund.

Our auction product allows venues, promoters, and artists to sell tickets directly to fans at a fair market price. Traditionally, the reselling of tickets has been done by third parties in an aftermarket that is often insecure, potentially fraudulent, and may provide poor value to consumers. For more look under Ticketmaster Auctions at About Us.

Go to Top of Page

kottke
- FB Fan -

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  11:00:16  Show Profile
That is a system that certainly does not allow for the sale of tickets to be "based upon the fans' level of interest", but a single fan's level of interest. As in, the richest fan's level of interest.

"jugando en la playa"
Go to Top of Page

EdBudd
- FB Fan -

63 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  12:03:01  Show Profile
ticket master=new e-bay? If this is true/happens, this is bullshit!
Go to Top of Page

PsychicTwin
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1772 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  12:08:30  Show Profile  Visit PsychicTwin's Homepage
Fuck Ticketmaster. Fuck scalpers. FUCK THEM
Go to Top of Page

Domestiques
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
503 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  21:44:08  Show Profile
fucking wankers, how dare they, and Im sorry screw the bands that allow this shite.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000