First Stop Winnipeg, Manitoba
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lifted
- FB Fan -

7 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  18:00:06  Show Profile
Did something about our middle of nowhere city, Winnipeg, Manitoba, fancy the attention of Mr. Frank Black. Last year on April 2nd was the first time that Frank Black had ever played Winnipeg. It was by far the best show I've ever been to. In September Frank Black released his new album with a song titled Manitoba. Suddenly the Pixies are reunited for the first time since 1993, and their first stop on their North American tour is little old middle of the praries, Winnipeg, Manitoba. Whether he's coming because he likes it here or not doesn't really matter. Thank god he's coming at all, the show will probably be the only thing that will get me through this horribly long and dreadfull winter.

I'm wishing well, I'm well wishing

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  18:12:33  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
One post of the same thing is enough, please don't post in multiple forums.

Thanks.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

Lifted
- FB Fan -

7 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  18:13:53  Show Profile
my apoligies about the multiple postings

I guess i'm new at this

Go to Top of Page

Lifted
- FB Fan -

7 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  18:19:25  Show Profile
You have to buy from ticket master. They have a window, but it's for the day of the show only. The show will be sold out in a matter of minutes from when they go on sale. That I can guarentee

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  18:30:46  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
No problems, Lifted. Only one way to learn about forums. Welcome aboard, and I'll see you in Winnipeg.

Go to Top of Page

winnipegwantsfrank
- FB Fan -

83 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  20:02:10  Show Profile
I think that there are a few ticketmaster outlet locations in Winnipeg that you could get tickets from. It might be better to do that instead of using the web site after reading about Brixton. How many forum readers are coming to Winnipeg?
Go to Top of Page

deaddack
- FB Fan -

Canada
13 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  20:17:16  Show Profile
i'll be going if i can get tickets, i live in portage so hopefully i'll have a good shot at getting tickets.
Go to Top of Page

Gigantic
- FB Fan -

2 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  21:52:22  Show Profile
Anyone know which Ticketmaster outlets in Wpg are the best to camp out at? U of M?
Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  21:57:00  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address
I WILL be going to the Winnipeg show. I have at least 20 people who want me to help them get tickets as well. We live in South Dakota (about six hours south) and can't really camp out at a ticketmaster outlet (although I'd make the drive up if I had to). If anybody does plan on camping out to get tickets, let me know asap!! I'll do anything necessary.

"And her head has no room."
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  21:59:24  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage
I almost feel like we should create a seperate Winnipeg area..

"I hate Winnipeg.." - Weakerthans

Join the Cult of the Flying Pigxies - I'm A Believer!
Go to Top of Page

Jo_Vancouver
- FB Fan -

37 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  22:39:56  Show Profile
Haha yeah, my friend and I were discussing this...the greatest reunion tour is starting in WINNIPEG, besides like the weakerthans and moneen? I still don't think the fact that they're coming to Vancouver has settled in yet. I would go to the victoria show as well, but I have a final on that day. I hate UBC! I am praying that these shows won't be 19+. In fact, if it isn't, I'll start believing in God!
Go to Top of Page

chrischob
- FB Fan -

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2004 :  04:35:18  Show Profile
If Winnipeg sells out quickly what would be the odds of another show being added the day before?

Also, maybe a bunch of us could pool our money and hire Frank to play an acoustic set at the west end cultural centre :)

Chris
Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2004 :  06:04:32  Show Profile
solid idea chris! i'm going to miss the winnipeg show cause i'll be away in mexico on april 12. fuck fuck fuck. i can't fuckin believe it. i'm sure not too many people feel sorry for me- but real bad timing nonetheless. so i'm thinking about flying to vancouver for the show on the 23rd. i would really hate to miss seeing them play together.

you never know- maybe frank will arrive in winnipeg early and surprise us with another date- say saturday april 10th. :)

"I joined the Cult of Frank/ and I got a free t-shirt with this dude on it."

Edited by - fumanbru on 02/11/2004 07:55:21
Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2004 :  08:05:38  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage
Hey fumanbru... That's funny, I may miss the Paris gig on June 7th, because I'll be on holiday in Mexico...

Well thinking about it, it's not funny at all. I should've said "That's pathetic".

Denis
Go to Top of Page

surferben
- FB Fan -

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2004 :  10:12:57  Show Profile
does anybody have any idea when these tickets are going on sale? i haven't seen anything about that yet. i want to be sure i can get some, because winnipeg is the closest they will be to me and i can't afford to go all over the continet (though i would love to). hopefully, there will be some warning so that it doesn't sell out before i even have a chance to buy tickets.

and now i'm living in the cold but i'm looking for the sign
Go to Top of Page

chrischob
- FB Fan -

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2004 :  13:47:50  Show Profile
How much do you think it would cost to get Frank to play a private acoustic set a day or 2 before the concert? $3000? $5000?

Chris Choboter
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2004 :  13:51:40  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
I don't know what you'd have to charge, but damn it would I be into that. I've yet to hear the man do an acoustic set. That said, the chances of him defraying some of the publicity of a first gig in Winnipeg in favour of a solo acoustic set are pretty low.

I'm hoping that he's got something solo cooking here in Saskatoon on the 16th since they have a day off and it is a Friday night after all.

Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2004 :  15:55:45  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by vilainde

Hey fumanbru... That's funny, I may miss the Paris gig on June 7th, because I'll be on holiday in Mexico...

Well thinking about it, it's not funny at all. I should've said "That's pathetic".

Denis

it is kind of funny in a fucked up kind of way. my buddy did say though, that he would take a photo of my face, enlarge it, attach it to a stick and bring it to the show.

"I joined the Cult of Frank/ and I got a free t-shirt with this dude on it."
Go to Top of Page

Lifted
- FB Fan -

7 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2004 :  17:19:57  Show Profile
You know, Bowie is playing April 7th in Winnipeg. I wonder?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000