New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ivebeentired
- FB Fan -

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  12:41:48  Show Profile
im so upset right now. im a wreck. its been a dream of mine to see them live, and i thought i was gonna have a chance to see them but now it seems unlikely i will. they said they were going to make thier way from the west to the east right? well they arent it seems. i dont get it. i live outside of boston, and its ridiculus that they arent playing somewhere in boston, i mean this is where the entire band got theyre start. i wish i had enough money for a plane ticket to travel to california.

kromkamp
= Cult of Ray =

291 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  12:45:51  Show Profile
I cant conceive that they wouldnt come back after the European dates and do a proper US tour. You'll have to wait until then, I suppose.
Go to Top of Page

gracie
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
573 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  13:10:52  Show Profile
I'm sure they play Boston, its hard to believe they they'll only play 11 shows in the US.
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan Bennett
- FB Fan -

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  13:13:24  Show Profile  Visit Jonathan Bennett's Homepage
jeezzus.. you people don't wait for the ink to dry to start bitching. How could you be upset. the dates are slowly trickling out. when they announce another breakup, then start the bitchathon, but untill then you sound like a moron. its been 5 days since the official word on a tour, so hold your horses. if it is life an death, buy a plane ticket and see a ca show. I will wait for the east coast announcements and work on getting tickets for those.

J. Bennett
http://www.smallestsound.com
Go to Top of Page

ivebeentired
- FB Fan -

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  13:53:54  Show Profile
shut up jonathan. im upset, its a dream of mine to see the pixies, it has been for a while, im a little upset about the fact theres a chance i may never see them in person. im not bitching, im writing about how i feel about the fact there are no gigs in the new england area or even new york in the 11 gig warm up. if you dont like people talking about how they feel on certain things, then dont read them, you dont need get mad about it, "jeezzes". and if i was rich then maybe i would get plane ticket to california, but you know since that would cost a lot of money, which i dont have, i dont think its going to happen.
Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey
= Official forum monkey =

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  13:57:46  Show Profile
The gloves are off!!!
Go to Top of Page

Itchload
= Cult of Ray =

USA
891 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  14:13:00  Show Profile
Yeah, I'm around Boston too. I'm upset as well. You have to keep in mind, reunion tours have a tendency to sort of...finish up early if you will. Look at The Velvet Underground's tour, that broke off halfway through. It was extensive touring that hurt the Pixies to begin with, so after a couple months couped up together, they might not exactly be excited to go through an entire run of the US.
Go to Top of Page

beatnik
- FB Fan -

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  14:20:42  Show Profile
Yeah, I must admit too, I am totally bummed. Of course, I am not upset with the band, they can tour where ever the hell they want. I just wish they had at least one show scheduled within a days drive of the east coast. Winnipeg seems to be the most easternly show (assuming my geography is correct). That totally sucks. I would drive to Canada no problem if they were just a little further east. Well here is hoping that they give us east coast fans a chance and announce at least one more show within 1000 miles of the NYC area. Or else we all fucking die!
Go to Top of Page

aislers pet
- FB Fan -

2 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  14:20:47  Show Profile
Sonofabitch,

I hope to hell Frank decides to tour the right coast (Boston, specifically) before Kim freaks out and the whole thing implodes.

Weeping softly in my beer, Aislers pet
Go to Top of Page

frankblacktaper
- FB Fan -

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  14:58:42  Show Profile
folks

its very apparent the pixies want little to no press coverage of the warm up tour, so they can work the kinks out before they start playing the big gigs. Once you make that choice you have to avoid the big cities, and stay on the fringe. This allows them to do 11 shows with the biggest write up being in the Vancouver paper if anything. Another thing that does go on here is when bands get paid big bucks for these festvials they enter into agreements that says they cant play major markets for 30-60 days before the event in order to keep there event unique. There is more that goes into these decisions than who can we screw or what city do we like.

And yes, as long as they dont kill each other, look for them to get back here later in the year probably to wrap the entire thing up.
Go to Top of Page

frank_black_francis
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
895 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  15:06:45  Show Profile  Visit frank_black_francis's Homepage
WINNIPEG, SASKATOON, REGINA? No Montreal, Toronto, Boston, New York< Phillie?
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan Bennett
- FB Fan -

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  15:18:09  Show Profile  Visit Jonathan Bennett's Homepage
You just sound like you are taking this a little far at this point. it is always a little rediculous when fans go from accepting the fact that their fave band the pixies will never ever perform again, to why isn't my city one of the first on the ultimate wet dream come true reunion tour. I'm with you man. this is real exciting, but why replace excitement with dissapointment. untill a few months ago, for about ten years you never thought it would happen. It will. You know they are going to do a boston gig. Like FBTaper said, it is not easy to work these things out, lots of business. So keep up the hope, and I'm sorry I said you sound like a moron. that was mean. I just think you start to sound real desperate a bit too soon. when the euro dates are going on, and there is still no word on east coast shows, then be afraid.

J. Bennett
http://www.smallestsound.com
Go to Top of Page

model consumer
- FB Fan -

USA
128 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  18:55:20  Show Profile
Yes! "Always look on the bright side of life!" I'm betting that they will do a proper US tour at some point this year.

--
"What's all I listen to? It's all freedom rock!"
Go to Top of Page

jimmy
= Cult of Ray =

USA
876 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  20:12:25  Show Profile  Visit jimmy's Homepage
I didn't hate Canada enough for sending all their cold weather down to New England last month, now they're taking the Pixies away
Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  23:38:16  Show Profile
I'm gonna bitch the whole way until we're through this thing. I bitched about them getting together, I'll bitch about them not announcing a Boston date right away, I'll bitch when I'm there, I'll bitch afterward. I won't be happy until this is all over and that's my God Damn right!

"I joined the Cult of Popeye / The CoF required my good eye"
Go to Top of Page

Little Black Francis
> Teenager of the Year <

3648 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  23:50:28  Show Profile
Naw uh
Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  00:00:07  Show Profile
yesuh

"I joined the Cult of Popeye / The CoF required my good eye"
Go to Top of Page

rav75
- FB Fan -

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2004 :  23:32:29  Show Profile  Click to see rav75's MSN Messenger address
now now Jimmy. Don't blame us Canadians. Since Alaska is further north, lets blame the poor new england weather on Alaska...hehe...just kidding.

I have to admit being from Edmonton I was stunned when FB & C came to Red's last year. The Pixies stop in Edmonton is a bigger stunner. I was ready to pack my boys into my german auto and pile on down to California for Coachella.

I had read an old Rolling Stones article, or some article I don't remember, where they had interviewed Frank. And he had said that strangley as it may seem, the Pixies fan base was bigger in Europe than in North America. Perhaps this is what influenced the warm ups.

But the other dude was right, they could announce more dates....
Either way, I'm pretty stoked. Keep on bitchin boys and gals!
Go to Top of Page

darwin
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2004 :  23:52:29  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by frankblacktaper

folks

its very apparent the pixies want little to no press coverage of the warm up tour, so they can work the kinks out before they start playing the big gigs. Once you make that choice you have to avoid the big cities, and stay on the fringe. This allows them to do 11 shows with the biggest write up being in the Vancouver paper if anything.

Davis, the final gig in the 11 day set, is about 70 minutes from San Francisco.15 minutes from Sacramento. It doesn't feel like the fringe.
Go to Top of Page

darwin
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  00:19:36  Show Profile
I should shut up. "It's on the fringe. It's on the fringe. Bring the tour to Davis."

Frank, we have 2 excellent Thai restaurants and a very nice brew pub.
Go to Top of Page

IceCream
= Quote Accumulator =

USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  09:43:51  Show Profile  Visit IceCream's Homepage
Yeah, I'm a bit upset about there not being any tour dates in the East coast, but I'm mad about the whole Pixies reunion, anyway. So it doesn't really matter.
Go to Top of Page

porkbone1
= Cult of Ray =

USA
390 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  09:55:03  Show Profile  Visit porkbone1's Homepage
You know, originally many people thought the Pixies were just getting back together for the one show at Coachella. Now, a number of other areas are getting shows, including England. I'm happy now because I don't have to fly to California to see the Pixies play a 45-minute set (which I would have gladly done). Assuming the band has actually buried the hatchet (I certainly hope so!), I see no reason why they would not continue touring. Why else would they be called "warm-up dates"?

I don't think it is reasonable to be upset until they say they are quitting again. Until then, it is understandable to be "impatient"

Chris
Go to Top of Page

Al
- FB Fan -

France
14 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  10:55:55  Show Profile
Is there anyone from Rennes here ?
'cause if the Pixies will have a show at Le Zenith, i'll be there either
and I was thinking about a "covoiturage", if anyone one's interested...
Go to Top of Page

Al
- FB Fan -

France
14 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  10:58:02  Show Profile
sorry, I posted in the wrong topic
Go to Top of Page

monkeyinheaven
- FB Fan -

France
40 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  20:01:06  Show Profile
hi,
a short message from a french fan : some of you seem so upset i would gladly offer a room for one nignt or two in... Paris.
you know, we got the same problem here, we fans don't understand why the Pixies are giving 4 nights in London and only 2 dates for now in France while they've always been more popular here, and welcomed (especialy Franck, who's regularly touring in France)
But...anyway... i'll be in Paris and i 'll enjoy. Pixies forever !

in the pouring sun, No way...
Go to Top of Page

Mroocore
- FB Fan -

USA
177 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  08:52:48  Show Profile
be upset, be disappointed, be angry, be getting on a plane to see the PIXIES. i can understand the it is expensive thought, but get a second job, it will be worth it

JOIN THE IMPERIAL GUARD
Go to Top of Page

noneuclidian_geometry
- FB Fan -

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  16:33:10  Show Profile
i'd fly to paris to see the pixies!
oh, how great that'd be!

m.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic